Search

What happened ???

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 01:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AutieBender
Monty,

Thanks for your sponsorship and kind words about me. I too have been lucky to have had a lot of advice and help from pro drivers and many others at my local phoenix area tracks. Without their advice, help and knowledge I would never have gotten to the quick times and driving techniques that I have now, in such a short period of time. Sometimes I just keep asking too many questions, cause I just want to get better. They are helping me do this as well as the support of my few sponsors.

Also I wanted to say here, that several of my local hobby stores have provided unbelievable help, advice and knowledge that I never could get from saving 10%-15% on an internet purchase. Some of the shop owners are like a walking encyclopedia of R/C tips. I need them for my hobby as well as helping and getting new comers to the R/C sport.

Fun: It's all in the Journey for a great end result.

Thanks Monty and all the other R/C encyclopedias for your help

Hey Autie, Good race last night. Your car was moving with that motor.
You still need to lean it out some more so it rips.
Wish I had a good motor so that I can lap you 2 times instead of only once J/K. See ya next time at the track.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sam-E
I consider myself fully sponser'd...

I get 1/2 gallon of Nitro X fuel a year, I get this for free and obtained the sponsorship at the recent Queensland titles because of my unique driving style and my good nature.

For the uninitiated, Nitro X is the best fuel I have used, it has the best run time and my engines have never been cleaner; and to top it off it is brewed right here in Australia!!!

http://www.nitro-x.com/
Yep thats correct, even my sponsor Alex says so!!! If you are interested in Nitro-X fuel send me a PM.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:21 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

I get 1/2 gallon of Nitro X fuel a year, I get this for free and obtained the sponsorship at the recent Queensland titles because of my unique driving style and my good nature.

For the uninitiated, Nitro X is the best fuel I have used, it has the best run time and my engines have never been cleaner; and to top it off it is brewed right here in Australia!!!

1/2 gallon a year ? interesting
Old 07-23-2009, 01:21 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Lonestar
Well, being spunserred is about having as many brands in your sig files as possible, right???

right

Paul
(no sponsor, not planning to get any as I still want to be able to cuss and get temperamental at the track without consequences if I want to )
go get em paul
Old 07-23-2009, 01:25 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by slumlord
I see these sponsors for Team Terribles as more of a club discount for the members. It's a group of guys that may or may not be terrible at racing but love to race, and have fun on the weekends helping each other out . Giving Team Terribles a discount on certain items does not take away from the prestige of a real sponsorship. It''s a way for a few companies to cut some guys a break on prices and get their name out there. You can spend all the money in the world on advertising and from my experience word of mouth is the most effective form of advertising. So by giving these discounts, moving some product and getting some of that word of mouth advertising it's a win win for everyone.

I've never been sponsored by any company and have never asked for any sponsorship. I'm a member if Team Terribles and don't consider myself a sponsored guy now. I'm just a regular racer who's part of a group of racers getting a discount from some great companies and sharing my experience with fellow racers.
this thread is not really about team terribles jay but that is just what sparked it

you got a deal from hes before haven't you ? you must be sponsored , i will get you on the sticker team once you ever send me the engine to fix
Old 07-23-2009, 01:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by houston
1/2 gallon a year ? interesting
Its awesome Houey my boy!!!
Old 07-23-2009, 01:28 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by AutieBender
Monty,

Thanks for your sponsorship and kind words about me. I too have been lucky to have had a lot of advice and help from pro drivers and many others at my local phoenix area tracks. Without their advice, help and knowledge I would never have gotten to the quick times and driving techniques that I have now, in such a short period of time. Sometimes I just keep asking too many questions, cause I just want to get better. They are helping me do this as well as the support of my few sponsors.

Also I wanted to say here, that several of my local hobby stores have provided unbelievable help, advice and knowledge that I never could get from saving 10%-15% on an internet purchase. Some of the shop owners are like a walking encyclopedia of R/C tips. I need them for my hobby as well as helping and getting new comers to the R/C sport.

Fun: It's all in the Journey for a great end result.

Thanks Monty and all the other R/C encyclopedias for your help
ONE HOBBIES and HES kinda go hand in hand little bro

you should talk to stav
Old 07-23-2009, 01:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Sponsorship is an investment by a company or individual in a driver or team that hopes to get a return on their investment later on either by good race results or by having a good rep at the track helping other racers to influence the market. I know I have worked my butt off to have what I have and I am truly grateful for the sponsors I have.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:11 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by looper
on that note i think proline should pick you up, it is amazing what that body will take!

Note the ssr body you mentioned was barely long enough for a 2.5 revo. i used to run one
The body I run was made for a 2.5 Revo or a T-Maxx.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I just seen this thread. I sometimes ask myself the same very thing. Please keep in mind I am NOT debating anything anyone has done or agreeing with anyone. I am just talking of my personal thoughts.

I started racing in 1996 maybe 1997. I purchased a rc10t. I maybe raced a couple times a year. I did ok and it was a blast. By 2003 I was older and had a job. I was able to purchase better stuff and make more events around my town and was starting to become one of the faster local drivers. At this point I had never thought about sponors or even how that worked. Why did I need one? How could I help them? I could not, not in my eyes. My first sponsor came around 2005 and I think it was Kris Moore at Mugen who gave it to me. This was after a few years of paying to travel, investing my own money into equipment and expenses, etc. It was the b team deal. This coming from a team who only had two levels. Now I was the first driver in Alabama with a Mugen car at the local tracks(mbx5). I remember some of our loyal locals saying it sucked, etc, etc. In 2006 I was very high at the Roar nationals and I think ended u p bumping into the bmain. I ended up getting things for free through mugen. I raced every weekend, I traveled a ton, and had great results. another big factor was I took an area that had zero mugen cars and convinced and fought to get people to purchase this car I ran. Today I race for Team Losi. But even today I look and our area is crowded with mugens. Guys who will never leave the company. I feel like that is a job well done. I have started to show guys also that Losi is a great car and our area is mostly Losi/mugen. But I did it fair, I did it honest. I think I did it too good! I can't get those guys to switch! lol..
Old 07-23-2009, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is that an Imperial Gallon or US Gallon? (Hey, there are different levels of sponsorship!)
Old 07-23-2009, 02:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

This same thing happened with Byrons Fuel. Now our area is almost all Byrons. It just makes me feel good that even though I am no longer with these companies that possibly they know I worked hard and did my job.

On the flip side...

We have some guys who to save money have got discount deals. They invest very little time into racing, travel, practicing, and often dont race for months. I see them online very little actually helping people. In most cases they don't sport team shirts, etc. These are your typical guys who maybe 2 years ago were racing monster trucks with stock tires. Now somehow in 3 years they know it all. They got sponsors. Time and time again I hear them complain about not finishing high. Well...it takes hard work, practice, and motivation. In my area it is weird. We got sportsman guys who can out run the sponsored guys, and these sportsman guys I hope end up with support one day because they actually help. I'm not sure how it works but they get by with it.

I have seen guys pack entire trailers by slinging the stuff in because they are mad of a finish or wreck. I have seen them throw cars on the top of a trailer because they are mad(it was raining also). I have seen it all.

I guess that aspect bothers me because of the hard work, time, effort I have invested. Knowing that most likely I would never be a "top" driver. I did it to be the best I could be and for the most part it has proven to be good for me and my family.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:11 PM
Tech Champion

Heck of a Thread Monty

You struck it rich again

Maybe you should look at The Senate or something Your Copuntry Needs You

Miss ya Big Guy

Stav
Old 07-23-2009, 04:40 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by David Alberico
Sponsorship is an investment by a company or individual in a driver or team that hopes to get a return on their investment later on either by good race results or by having a good rep at the track helping other racers to influence the market. I know I have worked my butt off to have what I have and I am truly grateful for the sponsors I have.
well said but there are companies or businesses that do it for monetary gain and others just do it for reputation some just do it for the passion of helping the rc community
Old 07-23-2009, 04:44 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by ABURTON
This same thing happened with Byrons Fuel. Now our area is almost all Byrons. It just makes me feel good that even though I am no longer with these companies that possibly they know I worked hard and did my job.

On the flip side...

We have some guys who to save money have got discount deals. They invest very little time into racing, travel, practicing, and often dont race for months. I see them online very little actually helping people. In most cases they don't sport team shirts, etc. These are your typical guys who maybe 2 years ago were racing monster trucks with stock tires. Now somehow in 3 years they know it all. They got sponsors. Time and time again I hear them complain about not finishing high. Well...it takes hard work, practice, and motivation. In my area it is weird. We got sportsman guys who can out run the sponsored guys, and these sportsman guys I hope end up with support one day because they actually help. I'm not sure how it works but they get by with it.

I have seen guys pack entire trailers by slinging the stuff in because they are mad of a finish or wreck. I have seen them throw cars on the top of a trailer because they are mad(it was raining also). I have seen it all.

I guess that aspect bothers me because of the hard work, time, effort I have invested. Knowing that most likely I would never be a "top" driver. I did it to be the best I could be and for the most part it has proven to be good for me and my family.
you have great views alan

job well done bro

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.