Wiki Posts
Search

Stuck throttle! Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 07:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nikzilla
That might not be till next week. Which is a problem since I have a ton of fuel inside the engine that's unburned. Last time I started the engine (when it was WAY too high idle) the muffler was spitting out liquid fuel/oil.
Is there anything I can do myself?
Nope.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

well... crap!

Are you sure? Really sure? Really Really Really sure?

I haven't even broke in the engine yet!
Old 06-29-2009, 09:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

bump
Old 06-29-2009, 11:00 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Unscrew the glow plug and dump out the fuel, also dump out your fuel tank, drop some after run oil into the hole you pulled the plug out of, turn the engine over a few times to spread the oil..put the glow plug back in, put the air filter back on...and wait till next week when you can get help..if you try to do anything other than that your self you will probably ruin your engine..so your choices are to wait a week, or buy a new engine...you can decide that on your own
Old 06-30-2009, 12:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Unscrew the glow plug and dump out the fuel, also dump out your fuel tank, drop some after run oil into the hole you pulled the plug out of, turn the engine over a few times to spread the oil..put the glow plug back in, put the air filter back on...and wait till next week when you can get help..if you try to do anything other than that your self you will probably ruin your engine..so your choices are to wait a week, or buy a new engine...you can decide that on your own
thx will do that
Old 07-04-2009, 01:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

How much wud it actually cost me if I take it to a professional? Because if it does cost something then I would rather do it myself.
Old 07-04-2009, 02:01 PM
Tech Lord

Go to the track Nick, ask someone there for help. I doubt they will charge you..If you take it to a hobby shop they will charge you
Old 07-04-2009, 02:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Most likely you have a bur on your throttle slide caused by your idle set screw. This has happen to me in the past. To fix the problem take off you carb, unscrew your idle set screw out all the way and carefully pull the throttle slide out. De-bur the slide with some ultra fine sand paper or emmory cloth and get the bur off the slide. Place back into the carb. It should slide smoothly, if not repeat steps until it's smooth. Once smooth put all back together and you will have to reset your idle screw. Do Not tighten screw to much you will bur the slide again. Or just replace your carb with new.
Old 07-04-2009, 09:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Cool thx guys!

You really helped!
Old 07-05-2009, 11:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

ok,
so I took out the carb out and then the throttle but the throttle was fine and smooth. so I put it back in and it slides perfectly unless I over tighten the idle screw again. When I switch the electronics on, at idle the gap is about 3mm out of the 9mm opening, when I apply break it's about 1mm. I'm not sure what is right but I cant screw the screw any more because then the throttle is sticky and hard to move.
Old 07-05-2009, 11:53 AM
Tech Lord

Close the gap with the collor on the end of the throttle linkage.
Old 07-05-2009, 12:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Close the gap with the collor on the end of the throttle linkage.
erm what?
Old 07-05-2009, 12:52 PM
Tech Lord

It a simple fix, but really hard to explain but I'll try.

The plastic thingy that is attached to the servo has a metal rod that conects to the carb..ok so far so good. After the plastic thingy but before the carb on the rod there should be a spring..Behind the spring, or on the other side of the plastic thing there is a round metal thing that looks like a collor. inside this somewhere visible is a little screw called a set screw. Find the right allen key that fits into the set screw and turn the screw to loosen it. You can then push the rod closed so your idle gap is where it should be, and then tighten up the set screw again..But...I still think you should go find help!!
Old 07-05-2009, 01:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

It a simple fix, but really hard to explain but I'll try.

The plastic thingy that is attached to the servo has a metal rod that conects to the carb..ok so far so good. After the plastic thingy but before the carb on the rod there should be a spring..Behind the spring, or on the other side of the plastic thing there is a round metal thing that looks like a collor. inside this somewhere visible is a little screw called a set screw. Find the right allen key that fits into the set screw and turn the screw to loosen it. You can then push the rod closed so your idle gap is where it should be, and then tighten up the set screw again..But...I still think you should go find help!!
I see a collar on the end of the metal rod (the servo end) that has an alien hole in it and that's it. Is that it?
Old 07-05-2009, 01:33 PM
Tech Lord

yes inside the alien hole, is a small screw, you need to insert an allen key into the screw and loosen it, then you can move the rod more to close the idle gap

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.