Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Stuck throttle! Please help! >

Stuck throttle! Please help!

Stuck throttle! Please help!

Old 06-29-2009, 02:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Stuck throttle! Please help!

Hello ppl.

I have a problem with my kyosho DBX. Yesterday I started the engine and the idle was too high. Because I didn't have a screwdriver with me I didn't adjust it. 1 hour later I went out and couldn't get the buggy started. So today, I go out and try get it started but adjust the idle adjustment screw counter-clockwise (like in the manual). After many attempts I got it started and the car went into full throttle. Luckily I had it elevated so I grabbed my remote and pressed the brake so as to calm it down so that I could pinch the fuel line. When I hit the brake the car stalled. Then I noticed that my glow plug igniter was stuck on the glop plug. and that my throttle was stuck at full. IT just would not budge down, only 4mm up.

Could some1 please help me?
Old 06-29-2009, 02:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default bump

I haz to bump myself on the butt
Old 06-29-2009, 02:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

bumz
Old 06-29-2009, 03:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

bump PLEASE HELP ME PPL
Old 06-29-2009, 04:06 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

First thing .... take deep breaths and chill out for a bit. Get your mind right to deal with the issues.

Check the throttle operation with the radio first. Do not start the engine until you are sure that the throttle is working correctly with the remote. Take the air cleaner tube off so you can see down the throat of the carb. Make sure not to get dirt and stuff down in there. With the remote at idle there should only be a small gap looking down the carb. Work the remote and make sure that the carb functions correctly. Make sure the linkage is adjusted so you have a little less than full open when on full throttle. Usually issues like this are due to not having the radio or linkage setup correctly. Be sure to have a good way to kill the engine fast before you try to start it again.

Post back and tell us what engine it is and what you find.
Old 06-29-2009, 04:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by marccaracer
First thing .... take deep breaths and chill out for a bit. Get your mind right to deal with the issues.

Check the throttle operation with the radio first. Do not start the engine until you are sure that the throttle is working correctly with the remote. Take the air cleaner tube off so you can see down the throat of the carb. Make sure not to get dirt and stuff down in there. With the remote at idle there should only be a small gap looking down the carb. Work the remote and make sure that the carb functions correctly. Make sure the linkage is adjusted so you have a little less than full open when on full throttle. Usually issues like this are due to not having the radio or linkage setup correctly. Be sure to have a good way to kill the engine fast before you try to start it again.

Post back and tell us what engine it is and what you find.
dude i DID everything you said.

The throttle is stuck at full and radio moves the servo but just springs back the spring on the throttle instead of pushing it in. I tried pushing it myself and it is dead locked. I did take out the air filter and I couldn't even see the throttle because it was opened so much.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

So your carb slide is seized?
Old 06-29-2009, 05:41 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Yup must be seized.

How old is this engine? What engine? How long you been into nitro engines? Just hate to overstate the obvious again.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:45 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Take the carb off your engine before continuing to work on it. Unscrew the LSN and try to push the barrel back in
Old 06-29-2009, 06:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

whats as carb slide?

engine is 4 days old'

how do u take it off?
Old 06-29-2009, 07:02 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Dont do anything!! Take it to your local hobby shop, or find an experienced racer at your track. In the stages you are at in this hobby, anything you do will just make things worse. I am not bashing you, I am trying to help you save your engine..Find someone to help
Old 06-29-2009, 07:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

oh ****!!!

how could this have happened? Could some1 please explain to me what actually is the prob?
Old 06-29-2009, 07:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

bump
Old 06-29-2009, 07:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Nik i could be something as simple as a burr on the carb slide. Do what everyone is saying take it to someone experienced.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

That might not be till next week. Which is a problem since I have a ton of fuel inside the engine that's unburned. Last time I started the engine (when it was WAY too high idle) the muffler was spitting out liquid fuel/oil.
Is there anything I can do myself?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.