Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
look at the picture and tell me if my vspec is worn out?!?!?! >

look at the picture and tell me if my vspec is worn out?!?!?!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

look at the picture and tell me if my vspec is worn out?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 05:34 AM
Tech Regular

Thats understandable because they sell a lot more Vspecs than any other motor.If the rod is tight on the crank a pinch will get you a couple more gallons. After that unfortunatly it's a paper weight because of the overpricing of the piston, sleeve and rod.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:14 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pete 26
Thats understandable because they sell a lot more Vspecs than any other motor.If the rod is tight on the crank a pinch will get you a couple more gallons. After that unfortunatly it's a paper weight because of the overpricing of the piston, sleeve and rod.

Not quite a paperweight, if he buys another V-spec, its nice to have the extra screws and carb parts as well as the case..definitely not worth rebuilding though.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rearviewmirror
Macro mode anyone?
No kidding. Find flower icon, push button in that direction, reshoot image.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

+1 for RayA. He just resized my Hyper .21 and it runs better than it ever has. Way better pinch and way easier to tune. Cost me $22 including shipping.

PS ray, You should include 2 stickers with your re-sizing. I need one sticker on both sides of my body.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

+2 for rayaracing.com - I sent my v-spec and an orion 26 to him... My v-spec runs amazing <Knocks on wood> and the picco just as well. Give Ray a call he's a great guy to talk to and does amazing work.

P.S.
Ray I could use a couple more stickers for my buggy... I'll email you
Old 06-18-2009, 10:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pete 26

A V-spec loses it's pinch faster than alot of other motors. My theory is if a V-spec gets hot the piston expands more than some other motors, probably because it looks like they use a billet piston and not forged or cast. They do sell alot of them too.
You can repinch a motor atleast 3-5 times, I have one custome has 10 gallons on a Speed V-spec that has been pinched 3-4 times. He does give it to me a bit before it needs it but he has gotten it hot a couple times.

Rex
Old 06-22-2009, 12:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Cool http://www.rayaracing.com/

Aradail & Offroaden,
Shoot me an email [email protected] confirming your shipping address and I will be happy to mail you a few more stickers. I appreciate hearing the feedback on the forums, and evenmore, watching you guys run my reconditioning-resizing work on the tracks.
One of the local racers here in WNY sucked dirt his RB with 4 gallons on his engine last year; This month I seen him run a few races same engine with another 5 gallons run since. We get some great results especialy from the italian based engines.
I run a 2nd hand V-Spec myself (ran it last year too) that which threw a wrist pin clip (my first) last week. A little honing out of the liner scratches, resize at 2 levels 0.0002", and a new clip, and rebroken in yesturday before fathers day dinner last night. RayA