Wiki Posts
Search

Quieter exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 07:17 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jrwoodchuck
I knew you were a basher and not a racer!!!!! The truth has now been told...

Yup spent the first 8 years bashing Nitro RC...had no tracks where I used to live..Just started racing last october..but you knew that, you just enjoy giving me chit..and that is why I laugh at people when they tell me not to give out information to Newbies..It is possible to know what you are doing, even though you are a novice racer
Old 06-10-2009, 07:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jaz240
It is possible to know what you are doing, even though you are a novice racer
I can't argue with that!!!

I race with a guy that is not that good at driving, but I wouldn't doubt one word he says about set-up. He's very smart, but don't tell him that....
Old 06-10-2009, 07:50 PM
Tech Lord

Leave Brad (Domit) alone..he's a nice guy..and i think he loves you
Old 06-10-2009, 09:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi_racer
so when did you become a police officer? ive had the cops called one me twice and one came over to a field i was in when i used to bash.
unfortunately, he is right. In this day and age, you can be ticketed using a computer/camera by a CORPORATION from arizona and have a ticket mailed out to you in california then yes cops can write you up for "disturbing the peace". You can try and fight it in court but judge will say valid and there you are. Happens every day now.. this is not the free country it once was

I'd run mine but I live in apartments so I know there would be complaints and if cops asked me to put it away and I didn't, I'm sure they would write me up.

Electric is probably the best thing to do if you are worried about noise, I run my 18 all the time
Old 06-10-2009, 10:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

i have my SC10, and my T4, and my B3... i just want to get this truck tuned haha
Old 06-10-2009, 10:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token
Ok to all you who say the noise is not loud and check the local codes -none of that matter. Yes we all have nitro and may be we don’t think its loud but a lot of people do.

It does not matter what you local code say about noise level. If they complain to the police or your HOA, YOU CAN BE CITED.

It’s called disturbing the peace.

Kids are louder – dude be real – not even in the ghetto are people that loud. Dude when I run my 8T with vspec and matching pipe in front of my house. It drowns conversation. Everyone is not use to yelling at everyone like us Nitro Racer in the pits. Hahahahahahahaha

Blower or Lawnmower – that’s funny right there. Hahahahahahaha

You can’t mod your pipe and tune at the same time.

The best thing you can do is communicate with the neighbors. I do. And respect. Let them know what you have –show them and explain what you need to do. Now check it – if you are running this thing up and down the street after 5pm on a weekday. Yes you may get some words. Dude I would M-F all day, when I get home and settle down the last thing I want to hear is a noisy truck outside. But I tell you talk to them. I have done that and 2 of my neighbors went our and brought RC too.

Communication and Respect

If you are just unlucky to live near and ahole – then screw him and run hahahahahahaha

Good job ... to bad disturbing the peace cant be cited until usually after 11 at night for noise sorry but your wrong

And the noise code's do matter. why wouldnt they? i called my local police and they said if it passes the decibel test people cant do anything about it..
Old 06-10-2009, 10:52 PM
Tech Lord

Nitro cars are no louder than lawnmowers and weedwhackers so tell your neighbors to get earplugs
Old 06-10-2009, 11:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Every time I run one of my nitro powered mutant ninja turtle rocket, people come out to watch. Their faces are in disbelief. I will have 20-30 people come out to watch em go up n down the street. People are amazed how little cars can have a 30,000 rpm motor lol!

Then all the kids try to race em. I let them get a head start of course