Wiki Posts
Search

BCE speed Losi 8ight 2.0 3mm chassis

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 01:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xxxtcr
Like losi_guy was saying, We are still in the testing phases, and we appreciate the input, and will make sure all is right by time of release. You can ask anyone who has run a bce chassis, they are high quality, and I know I wont let it hit the market with any issues, I'm the pickiest of all, and this chassis will hit the market "when its done" The end of the month is a goal, not a deadline for us.

O thanks for gettin my name wrong

Originally Posted by roadracer43
I might have missed it but whats the price on this chassis for the buggy ?
road racer, dont quote me on this, but from what i heard it will be comparable to the stock chassis price
Old 06-21-2009, 08:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi_racer
O thanks for gettin my name wrong

road racer, dont quote me on this, but from what i heard it will be comparable to the stock chassis price
Sorry , wasnt paying attention, Anyways, will you have a chance to run the car before friday at all?
Old 06-21-2009, 11:52 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
I actually found that even the firtst generation losi cars(without the TFT chassis) had a LOT of flex compared to the others at the time. Since then everyone has followed. With the TFT the losi's have TONS of flex.

I do agree that a 3mm TFT chassis would probably be a step too far.

And Quality is certanily not an issue with the BCE stuff, but those droop screws are a must.
Right now we're headed in the direction of having contolled flex, not tuned flex. The tft stuff is just flexy all over, In my tests, and opinion, you dont want the chassis to flex in the center, only in the front and rear cross sections, But more-so in the rear, That is where we have made the biggest improvement over the stock tft chassis IMO, it gives the car a real planted yet nimble feeling that you just cant get with the tft chassis. Once we have all this done, and I find the setup that works best, I will post a setup sheet with my setup, and aftermarket parts used to achieve the ultimate driving car.
Old 06-22-2009, 04:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Sorry , wasnt paying attention, Anyways, will you have a chance to run the car before friday at all?
no i will not, i work sun-thurs.

me and bill were hoping to get it early enough last sat to get it put together and test that night but i didnt get it till like 3
Old 06-22-2009, 03:28 PM
Tech Addict

I tried out a prototype last Saturday night at our local club race and noticed improved stability through the rough spots on the track and more pop off the jumps. My average top 10 lap time dropped by over 1.5 seconds per lap, so it definitely made a difference. Bill is working on a few suggested improvements, so the next prototype should be even better!
Old 06-22-2009, 04:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LVBaja
I tried out a prototype last Saturday night at our local club race and noticed improved stability through the rough spots on the track and more pop off the jumps. My average top 10 lap time dropped by over 1.5 seconds per lap, so it definitely made a difference. Bill is working on a few suggested improvements, so the next prototype should be even better!
Sounds goodHope they add the inserts and have them out by the fall season
And get to work on the 2.0 truggy chassis im going to need a new one soon
Old 06-23-2009, 10:23 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by buggydad
Sounds goodHope they add the inserts and have them out by the fall season
And get to work on the 2.0 truggy chassis im going to need a new one soon
The inserts are a planned addition to the next prototype, as well as the scribes for proper engine alignment. Based on my discussions with Bill, I'd expect the buggy chassis to be out before the fall season for sure. He's working on the 8ight-T 2.0 chassis too, but wants to get the buggy one finished up before seriously testing the truggy chassis.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:33 PM
TIX
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

any more news on these chassis yet?
Old 06-25-2009, 02:48 PM
Tech Addict

we're getting close, we should have something here for you guys soon..
Old 06-26-2009, 08:19 AM
Tech Regular

Got Linda's chassis in last Friday and got it built this week. Everything went together sweet and without issue. She will be putting it through the wringer starting this weekend. I will post with our findings and her setups as we work them out. She is starting with her base line set up which is 3f 5c 2r in the diffs and 32.5f and 27.5r in the shocks.

Also, I spoke to Bill last night and the engine mount scribes and threaded droop holes will be on the next version as has been mentioned. After the conversations that I have had with Bill I can assure you the BCE chassis will be right when it hits the market.

Mike Gustafson
AKA-Linda's Pit Monkey
Old 06-26-2009, 11:23 PM
Tech Addict

Those of you who gave me your email will be getting an email from bill in the next day or so about placing an order. This is for the buggy chassis, If you wanted a truggy chassis, please let him know, and he will put you on the pre-order list for that. We will start a thread for the truggy chassis very soon, and will be taking pre-orders for that as well. Thanks for your patience guys!
Old 06-29-2009, 10:28 AM
Tech Regular

WOW were Linda's exact word when she came off the drivers stand after her first practice in KY Saturday. The track was smooth, hard packed with a light dust on the top and very technical. She ran 3 tanks with her stock setup and could turn under about anyone on the track. We changed the front diff from 3 to 5k and tightened up the rear swaybar to 5mm for practice run 2 and stayed there for the remainder of the day other than some brake bias tweaks. She ended up qualifying 6th in the A and finished 4th by less than a second.
Guys this chassis is the real deal. The guy that won the A (Losi 2.0) asked to drive Linda's car after the main. After two tanks he came to pit lane smiling saying "I gotta get one of those."
Old 06-29-2009, 12:13 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Those of you who gave me your email will be getting an email from bill in the next day or so about placing an order. This is for the buggy chassis, If you wanted a truggy chassis, please let him know, and he will put you on the pre-order list for that. We will start a thread for the truggy chassis very soon, and will be taking pre-orders for that as well. Thanks for your patience guys!
even me???

and is this the chassis with the lines eched, and the droop screws??
Old 06-29-2009, 12:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

ive been keepin my eyes on this thread for a while now. id like to have one of those chassis.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I will definitely want the 8T 2.0 truggy chassis when released.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.