Wiki Posts
Search

BCE speed Losi 8ight 2.0 3mm chassis

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 02:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default BCE speed Losi 8ight 2.0 3mm chassis

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had to re-post this as the previous post was deleted, anyways, This is the new 3mm 8ight 2.0 chassis from BCE speed. I have been working directly with Bill from BCE to develop this thing, starting with a very early prototype at silver state, and we should be finishing up here soon. I will be attending the JBRL race in bakersfield on the 14th running this chassis on my 2.0. Our newest prototype has shaved a whole 2 oz of the weight of the car, and increased stability turning by a whole bunch. We are hoping to have a finished product ready by the end of the month for the 2.0 truggy and buggy. More to come, Please PM me with any questions. Thanks for looking!
Attached Thumbnails BCE speed Losi 8ight 2.0 3mm chassis-bce8ight.jpg  
Old 06-02-2009, 03:28 PM
Tech Addict

Here is a pic of my car assembled with the new chassis on it, This one is the final run before production spec. I'll be out at jbrl in bakersfield on the 14th with this chassis on my car. Hope to see some of you there!
Attached Thumbnails BCE speed Losi 8ight 2.0 3mm chassis-bce-8ight-2.jpg  
Old 06-02-2009, 03:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xxxtcr
Here is a pic of my car assembled with the new chassis on it, This one is the final run before production spec. I'll be out at jbrl in bakersfield on the 14th with this chassis on my car. Hope to see some of you there!
Is there going to be a modification made in regards to droop screws to the chassis?
Old 06-02-2009, 05:17 PM
Tech Addict

I've asked bill about it, and he likes the idea, but we are unsure if it will make it into the first run of the chassis. I recommend using internal limiters in the shocks, which will give you a more consistant setup that wont wear like the screws or chassis will. It might make it into the first run, we'll see!
Old 06-02-2009, 06:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

What special about this chassis? I understand its lighter, but generally BCE tweaks some locations for improvement. Has anyone driven the chassis with a 2.0 car? Your conversion doesnt really interest me since you cant compare 2.0 with chassis to 2.0 with stock chassis. Of course its going to be better for you, but what makes it better than a stock 2.0 chassis?
Old 06-02-2009, 08:23 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Adim_X
What special about this chassis? I understand its lighter, but generally BCE tweaks some locations for improvement. Has anyone driven the chassis with a 2.0 car? Your conversion doesnt really interest me since you cant compare 2.0 with chassis to 2.0 with stock chassis. Of course its going to be better for you, but what makes it better than a stock 2.0 chassis?
This all started off with me having a losi 1.0, and not being able to afford a 2.0. I asked bill if he could make me a 2.0 chassis for my car, then I would slowly upgrade to the 2.0 plastics as I went along. First it was the 1.0 with a rough proto(same lenght of the 1.0 chassis) went on the car, this was before 2.0 plastics and shock towers. Right off the bat I noticed the car was more stable and more agile. The next step since there was such a big improvement over the stock tft chassis, was to lengthen it. So then we went to the 1.0 car with the 2.0 losi chassis, car felt about the same, but lost some of its stability. We then cut a 2.0 length chassis from 3mm material, and did some tweaking(which will be outlined and explained when the chassis is released) and saw a drastic improvement in handling. This chassis saves 2oz of weight over the stock 2.0 chassis. This weekend I will be testing the 2.0 plastics and shock towers. I have already done some testing with the center smart diff, and the results are great. Once this is all said and done, we are looking into following up on this with an article. My opinion is that the 8ight is a fast car. Bill and I are working on a combo of parts that makes it the fastest car. That is what makes this more than just a chassis, there will be tests and recommendations to proove our findings. All we ask for is patience, this has been a long drawn out process which we are now nearing the end, and I promise, It will be worth the wait!
Old 06-03-2009, 06:20 AM
Tech Addict

Very nice work Bill
Old 06-03-2009, 06:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Thank you for the feedback. I will be looking to order one of these. I will be able to shave with my chassis by the end of the month, so this will be right on time.

Please keep sharing your findings
Old 06-03-2009, 09:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I have run bce chassis on every 8th scale I have owned and will definately be getting one of these for my 2.0 truggy.
Please let me know at the soonest time I can order one-cant wait
Kepp up the good work bill
Old 06-04-2009, 02:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The BCE stuff has always been the real deal. Can’t wait to get one on Linda’s car and do some testing.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:18 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by xxxtcr
I've asked bill about it, and he likes the idea, but we are unsure if it will make it into the first run of the chassis. I recommend using internal limiters in the shocks, which will give you a more consistant setup that wont wear like the screws or chassis will. It might make it into the first run, we'll see!
Ya I use to use a piece of stop tube inside my shock what a pain I run different length shock set up's so that's not a option for me. Keep us advised very interested in the BCE product I've had great results in the past.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:45 AM
Tech Addict

I should have some glamor shots of the final run annodized chassis today or this evening, will keep everyone posted!
Old 06-13-2009, 12:03 AM
Tech Addict

Cool

Hi All Here are some of the latest Pics and updates
just got back form the track and all looked very
Good I will let Jason fill you all in with the performance report
The new color will be a dedcated one just for the Losi line up
it has almost a Pearl look/ midnight Blue .
Thank you all again for the nice words and experiences with our
Products. I will let all of you that have emailed request as soon as the first
batch gets ready..

Old 06-13-2009, 02:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

finalize a price yet? i know im looking for a new chassis and this came right in time, how long any idea
Old 06-13-2009, 09:44 PM
Tech Addict

Default first run experience

Hey guys, Ran the new chassis pictured above last night, I am literally beside myself on how good the car performes, There were some pretty fast guys running last night, and the car just left them in the dust, I cant even take credit. It jumps great, turns even better, Accelerates straight as an arrow, brakes nice and soft, Overall, I think this is going to be something really big once it hits the market, because of the controlled flex of this chassis, I no longer run my chassis braces loose, I crank them right down. If you want to be taken seriously, this is definitely something to have. I was going to make JBRL but something came up, and I cant, Will be for sure making the iron man enduro out at the pit in july. This thing should hopefully be out on the market by then.

This thing is a great upgrade for 1.0 owners, I had another driver run a proto on a 1.0, all we did was throw a chassis on his car and the 2.0 rear cvd, and away he went, He noticed a big difference right from the start!

Guys if you have any questions or concerns let us know, We're trying to make this as solid and well thought out as can be before we release it. We are going to try and incorperate droop screw stops into the chassis, it probably will not be in the 1st release though. Bill is talking about shipping chassis in raw(bright shiny finish) and Midnight steel(Pictured above)

We are getting really close to being done with this, Please be patient, It will be well worth the wait.

Just a reminder, the 2.0 truggy chassis should be out around the same time as the buggy chassis!

Last edited by xxxtcr; 06-14-2009 at 12:31 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.