Wiki Posts
Search

DREAUX'S PERSONAL THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 08:53 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by freestylinmotox
I know, its crazy. They stand behind their "long lasting" tires, but ive seen AKA's get demolished in a matter of 1-2 club races. Not worth it in my opinion!

If you were to Run Holeshot's on a track that did not justify them you would also burn them out in no time flat...Does that mean that are a bad tire....NO it means that some one was excessively spinning the tire's or did not have the proper tread for the track condition's....My Med Citi beam combo has over 4+hrs on them and they just finally broke down to the 2nd layer on the citi's and the beams out back are now just starting to round off on both sides due to swapping back and forth to keep wear even...AKA's BY FAR outlast any other tire on the market currently....AKA FYI AKA's are no more expensive then any other race tires.....so i don't know what you deal is with AKA...but get Over it.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cary
AKA s are only like $57.00 for a set not $100.00
pro-line are $60.00 a set
$45 a pair up here in Canada for me
Old 05-18-2009, 08:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
If you were to Run Holeshot's on a track that did not justify them you would also burn them out in no time flat...Does that mean that are a bad tire....NO it means that some one was excessively spinning the tire's or did not have the proper tread for the track condition's....My Med Citi beam combo has over 4+hrs on them and they just finally broke down to the 2nd layer on the citi's and the beams out back are now just starting to round off on both sides due to swapping back and forth to keep wear even...AKA's BY FAR outlast any other tire on the market currently....AKA FYI AKA's are no more expensive then any other race tires.....so i don't know what you deal is with AKA...but get Over it.
+1.

My med I-beams still look new after over 35min of run time.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:41 PM
Tech Master

I'd suggest staying OFF of eBay to buy stuff until you're experienced with these cars and know exactly what you need. It's very easy to buy the wrong item or get burned over there.

A-Main Hobbies sells clutch bell bearings as well as several other sizes of bearings for $1 a piece. That's an extremely tough deal to beat.

Tire wear is the result of several factors: track abrasion, tire compound selection, tread type, driving style and amount of wheel spin come to mind. Saying an entire brand of tires is junk based on one observation isn't the best idea.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:00 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by SkarTisu
I'd suggest staying OFF of eBay to buy stuff until you're experienced with these cars and know exactly what you need. It's very easy to buy the wrong item or get burned over there.

A-Main Hobbies sells clutch bell bearings as well as several other sizes of bearings for $1 a piece. That's an extremely tough deal to beat.

Tire wear is the result of several factors: track abrasion, tire compound selection, tread type, driving style and amount of wheel spin come to mind. Saying an entire brand of tires is junk based on one observation isn't the best idea.

Nice and articulate buddy....I wish i could do the same ......but i get carried away sometime's.

its late i need Sleep....darn 6hr drive back from racing took a hurtin on me.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cary
AKA s are only like $57.00 for a set not $100.00
pro-line are $60.00 a set
Dam your getting one hell of a good deal then. The msrp is 49.99 a pair for mounted cityblocks and thats what their marked at my LHS.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:06 PM
Tech Regular

I wasnt trying to diss or bash the AKA's in any way. Ive seen the AKA's last longer and shorter compared to pro-line tires. I just like my holeshots on our local track. Plus, their cheaper here than AKA's. where are you getting AKA's for 60 bucks a set? must be online.

Support your LHS
Old 05-18-2009, 11:30 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Its really tough to support your LHS when they are 30% more than On-line, I have also seen some shops that sell at full retail, and even one that was stupid enough to mark something above retail and still have the retail price on it.

Can you imagine if we had to pay retail on the Kits? would you support your LHS if the new buggy you wanted was $300 more than a-main?

I know, I know the LHS have the tracks, blah, blah, blah, but not all tracks have LHS and I'll die a happy man if all LHS had tracks
Old 05-18-2009, 11:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ah, Integra the AKA tire pimp!!!
Old 05-19-2009, 12:38 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Its really tough to support your LHS when they are 30% more than On-line, I have also seen some shops that sell at full retail, and even one that was stupid enough to mark something above retail and still have the retail price on it.

Can you imagine if we had to pay retail on the Kits? would you support your LHS if the new buggy you wanted was $300 more than a-main?

I know, I know the LHS have the tracks, blah, blah, blah, but not all tracks have LHS and I'll die a happy man if all LHS had tracks
Id rather pay an extra couple bucks for something to keep the track and LHS open. Sometimes friendships and having a good time racing is more important than a couple extra bucks. Just my opinion, but im sure a lot of people agree that a LHS that has supported you and your racing because you buy from them, is more important.

But then again, im not trying to start arguements. Im in Rc racing to have a good time and to have fun

Last edited by freestylinmotox; 05-19-2009 at 12:53 AM.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:18 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Sam-E
Ah, Integra the AKA tire pimp!!!

i think your starting to come around now Sam.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If I was to purchase everything from my local shop then I wouldnt have much. Sometimes the prices are almost double. Amain is a local shop to someone.
Originally Posted by freestylinmotox
Id rather pay an extra couple bucks for something to keep the track and LHS open. Sometimes friendships and having a good time racing is more important than a couple extra bucks. Just my opinion, but im sure a lot of people agree that a LHS that has supported you and your racing because you buy from them, is more important.

But then again, im not trying to start arguements. Im in Rc racing to have a good time and to have fun
Old 05-19-2009, 06:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

By the way, I spent over $4000 at my local shop in 2008 and I do most of my shopping online. I support my hobby !!
Old 05-19-2009, 07:25 AM
Tech Master

Nice and articulate buddy....I wish i could do the same ......but i get carried away sometime's.

its late i need Sleep....darn 6hr drive back from racing took a hurtin on me.
Wow...that's a harsh commute to go racing! We do appreciate you guys making the trip down to race with us. It's neat to call the Minnesota series an "international" series now.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:53 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by SkarTisu
Wow...that's a harsh commute to go racing! We do appreciate you guys making the trip down to race with us. It's neat to call the Minnesota series an "international" series now.
its a blast coming down...it just sucks when the local boys bail and your forced to foot the bill yourself....But in the end its More then worth it....you guys have a Awesome Possum series....ill be back for year's to come.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.