Community
Wiki Posts
Search

need help choosing a truggy

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 05:35 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
That's cool. Like I said the HB is a very good truggy. They certainly know how to make R/P gears. Not so great with the CVD thing or fuel tanks though.

yea i , heard about the clunker in the tank tearing though the stock fuel tubing and somebody on here told me they use, fironi fuel tubing and i did ask also if i can use a eight - t 2.0 tank on it and they said i could.

but i will keep the eight-t just incase i dont like the way the d8t handles.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
yea i , heard about the clunker in the tank tearing though the stock fuel tubing and somebody on here told me they use, fironi fuel tubing and i did ask also if i can use a eight - t 2.0 tank on it and they said i could.

but i will keep the eight-t just incase i dont like the way the d8t handles.
You WILL NOT be able to fit a losi tank on without some major work(we've tried). Especially not the losi truggy tank. It is far too long to fit in the HB. The problems with the HB tank come from a few things. The barb on the HB clunk is too sharp so it cuts through the line. The fuel line is also too brittle and doesn't hold up well in the tank. There are a few things you can do to solve these issues. One is to run the line straight through the tank like a losi and completely bypass the plastic nipple. Or you can just use a piece of losi fuel line and a losi clunk in the HB tank how it is supposed to be run with the nipple. You can substitute the losi line for another high quality line of the correct diameter such as the Fioroni line. The HB clunk can also be "dulled down" or "rounded off" so that it doesn't cut through the line.

My buddy went through the HB tank issues and finally got it resolved by using a piece of losi fuel line and a losi clunk. No more problems. Losi to the rescue.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Ok i ran the HB truggy for a while and i will say i DID NOT have any major cvd issues or after the tank mod to problems with the tank the truck is fast and tough.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:53 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
You WILL NOT be able to fit a losi tank on without some major work(we've tried). Especially not the losi truggy tank. It is far too long to fit in the HB. The problems with the HB tank come from a few things. The barb on the HB clunk is too sharp so it cuts through the line. The fuel line is also too brittle and doesn't hold up well in the tank. There are a few things you can do to solve these issues. One is to run the line straight through the tank like a losi and completely bypass the plastic nipple. Or you can just use a piece of losi fuel line and a losi clunk in the HB tank how it is supposed to be run with the nipple. You can substitute the losi line for another high quality line of the correct diameter such as the Fioroni line. The HB clunk can also be "dulled down" or "rounded off" so that it doesn't cut through the line.

My buddy went through the HB tank issues and finally got it resolved by using a piece of losi fuel line and a losi clunk. No more problems. Losi to the rescue.

oh sounds, like a easy fix though well how do you think they could sell the d8t for so cheap there had to be a little flaw in it.

i did go to a hb pro driver website and he said to pack the cvd boots with greese so they will last. the stock axle joints
Old 09-03-2010, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

hello,

i would recommend the Kyosho STRR, very tough and durable, very easy to set up and drive, rear is planted with tons of steering.

cheers

Ali
Old 09-03-2010, 08:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

so many mixed opinions...how about the revo 3.3 vs the nitrage?
Old 09-03-2010, 08:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wantboost
He wants a truggy, those aren't.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:57 PM
Tech Prophet

i would get the hb d8t it is a kit but i looked at the manuel and its easy to build . you whould need servos , starter box, engine and tires also.

but if you dont have that than a eight-t 2.0 rtr is for you just replace the steering servo.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

HB D8T is great and all. NO CVDs PROBLEMS on mine, i never even had a pin come out, and i ran mine without any protection. i never even had a DNF with mine. the only upgrade was an aluminum servo horn. and on the tank there is NO PROBLEM with it too. all you have to do is replace the fuel line for the clunk with something better (makes sure to make it the exact length ) and youll be good to go, i replaced the fuel line every gallon.

but for another choice and what im running now, the O'donnell Z01T is one amazing truggy, i am more than impressed with it. handles phenomenally. people used to talk bad about it and still do alot of the time but 99% of the people that say bad things have never even driven one. ive let a bunch of people try it out (only for a few laps they said) and they didnt want to give the remote back .... also O'donnell never wears, getting over 7-8 gallons before even thinking about replacing one part, just have some hinge pins (they tend to bend) and youll be set.

the most common DNFs at my local tracks are with Losi and Mugen... both great truggys, handle great and have tons of people driving them but i do see alot of DNFs with them. but that could be an upkeep issue too...
Old 09-03-2010, 10:34 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by jmaxey51
HB D8T is great and all. NO CVDs PROBLEMS on mine, i never even had a pin come out, and i ran mine without any protection. i never even had a DNF with mine. the only upgrade was an aluminum servo horn. and on the tank there is NO PROBLEM with it too. all you have to do is replace the fuel line for the clunk with something better (makes sure to make it the exact length ) and youll be good to go, i replaced the fuel line every gallon.

but for another choice and what im running now, the O'donnell Z01T is one amazing truggy, i am more than impressed with it. handles phenomenally. people used to talk bad about it and still do alot of the time but 99% of the people that say bad things have never even driven one. ive let a bunch of people try it out (only for a few laps they said) and they didnt want to give the remote back .... also O'donnell never wears, getting over 7-8 gallons before even thinking about replacing one part, just have some hinge pins (they tend to bend) and youll be set.

the most common DNFs at my local tracks are with Losi and Mugen... both great truggys, handle great and have tons of people driving them but i do see alot of DNFs with them. but that could be an upkeep issue too...

is the new, odonnell truggy supposed to be lighter i do like the odonnell buggys/truggys and seen the quality of the parts.

the only thing, is nobody ever runs them at my track so it whould kind of be hard to get tips or spares for it if something broke.

as for, the losi having a lot of dnf well the only thing that did actaully no make me finish a race is i had a steering ballcup popoff and had a engine mount screw come loose lol. i did have my wheel hex come out after a bad landing lol.

i dont know about mugens
Old 09-03-2010, 10:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
is the new, odonnell truggy supposed to be lighter i do like the odonnell buggys/truggys and seen the quality of the parts.

the only thing, is nobody ever runs them at my track so it whould kind of be hard to get tips or spares for it if something broke.
the new SG truggy is almost completely different, lighter, new steering, new everything, it resembles the SG buggy. im the only one running O'donnell beside my dad and one other guy and i can tell you IM SO HAPPY I MADE THE SWITCH . i have my SG buggy on order... and for help, there is no other company that is willing to help you more than O'donnell, best customer service BY FAR! and for tips and stuff you can post under their topics on here and within 24 hours youll have 10 answers and problem will be solved. i slapped a random setup, basically, on mine and its working fine, just need a couple very small tweaks. their parts quality is the best in the business IMO. plastic doesnt get any slope. i hit a hole in the wall tonight at WOT (i didnt realize i was that close ) and it caught one arm and i broke my servo horn (aluminum) and didnt do anything to the truggy.

if you go with O'donnell you can send me a PM and ill be more than willing to help you as much as i can or ill send you to someone that can help you further.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:56 PM
Tech Prophet

the new SG truggy is almost completely different, lighter, new steering, new everything, it resembles the SG buggy. im the only one running O'donnell beside my dad and one other guy and i can tell you IM SO HAPPY I MADE THE SWITCH . i have my SG buggy on order... and for help, there is no other company that is willing to help you more than O'donnell, best customer service BY FAR! and for tips and stuff you can post under their topics on here and within 24 hours youll have 10 answers and problem will be solved. i slapped a random setup, basically, on mine and its working fine, just need a couple very small tweaks. their parts quality is the best in the business IMO. plastic doesnt get any slope. i hit a hole in the wall tonight at WOT (i didnt realize i was that close ) and it caught one arm and i broke my servo horn (aluminum) and didnt do anything to the truggy.

if you go with O'donnell you can send me a PM and ill be more than willing to help you as much as i can or ill send you to someone that can help you further.

thanks i have my eye on it is it out yet ? so just a random setup works on them thats good are they hard to but together ?

i just wish there were more people running them at local tracks i mean there not that expensive really.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:57 PM
Tech Prophet

thanks i have my eye on it is it out yet ? so just a random setup works on them thats good are they hard to but together ?

i just wish there were more people running them at local tracks i mean there not that expensive really.

i just like to see somebody drive one on the track .

double post.
Old 09-04-2010, 06:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i was curious about the revo 3.3 cause i wanted to sell my and someone wanted to trade for a nitrage....
Old 09-04-2010, 07:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

i was curious about the revo 3.3 cause i wanted to sell my and someone wanted to trade for a nitrage....
For racing they're both junk. The nitrage really isn't a truggy. Stay Away.

If you want a real truggy, Losi, Mugen, HB, AE, Xray, Etc...

As for Odonnell... No comment.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.