Losi 8Truggy 2.0 or Ofna X2 CRT Truggy

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 12:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

SAE throughout...
Old 03-21-2009, 12:46 AM
Tech Adept

I have both trucks and I have to say the X2 is better for two reasons.
1. Stability
2. Consistency

Having picked up this hobby and being very competitive I wanted to get the bast car on the market with the fastest motor. BIG mistake I had find out the hard way and 1000s later that slower is faster but more importanly consistency is key. Do some homework ask around and watch the cars at your local track. (I live around the corner from Crystal Park not a great place for off road)

The losi is very, very fast and with a lot of steering which also make it less forgiving when mistakes are made. I losi love equipment it's very strong and durable but you will have to do some work before you put it on the track.

X2 on the other have has chassis issues mainly with the droop screw digging into the chassis but a dremel with a sanding bit rounding off the bottom of the screw solves that. You also get to build the X2 so you know whats in it no questions asked. The losi out of the box you might as well rebuild the car straight up(shock ends and diff fluid especially).

Honestly bro you cant go wrong with either truck as a wise man told me "what good is a fast truck (losi) if you cant drive it fast". If your an A Main driver get the losi hands down if your an C main driver get the X2 its very forgiving which makes you more consistant and once you gain confidence then get the losi.

Or just get them both and sell the one you done like
Old 03-21-2009, 01:06 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 99problems
I have both trucks and I have to say the X2 is better for two reasons.
1. Stability
2. Consistency

Having picked up this hobby and being very competitive I wanted to get the bast car on the market with the fastest motor. BIG mistake I had find out the hard way and 1000s later that slower is faster but more importanly consistency is key. Do some homework ask around and watch the cars at your local track. (I live around the corner from Crystal Park not a great place for off road)

The losi is very, very fast and with a lot of steering which also make it less forgiving when mistakes are made. I losi love equipment it's very strong and durable but you will have to do some work before you put it on the track.

X2 on the other have has chassis issues mainly with the droop screw digging into the chassis but a dremel with a sanding bit rounding off the bottom of the screw solves that. You also get to build the X2 so you know whats in it no questions asked. The losi out of the box you might as well rebuild the car straight up(shock ends and diff fluid especially).

Honestly bro you cant go wrong with either truck as a wise man told me "what good is a fast truck (losi) if you cant drive it fast". If your an A Main driver get the losi hands down if your an C main driver get the X2 its very forgiving which makes you more consistant and once you gain confidence then get the losi.

Or just get them both and sell the one you done like
do you have the 1.0 or the 2.0 as found the 2.0 very, very consistant to any other truggy I have had...and very stable now it has some droop to play with
Old 03-21-2009, 08:13 AM
Tech Adept

I have both losi vechicles 1.0(2x) and 2.0. I have both Jammmin x2 buggy and x2 truggy. Not to mention 1.0 and 2.0 losi buggies. Smart diffs the whole yard. The losi is consistant the jammin is more consistant and a lot more forgiving. Very much like golf you can play with some Callaway Big Bertha clubs or some Taylor Made TP MB Smokes. They both do the same thing when you hit the ball (move) it's in just what direction. Hitting the Taylor Made Smokes you better hit dead center on the club or else. Big Bertha dont care where you hit her.

Any golfers?
Old 03-21-2009, 03:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

99problems- thx for stoppin by yah i purchased the X2 and like you said if you dont like it try out the 2.0 yah that what i plan on doing. yah i hear you on crystal park thing. i heard a new guy is taking over the dirt track and is going to prep it all up but for the mean time gona try to take the ride out to Rev. a few of us are gona head out there in about 2 weeks so i can get my truggy up and going. thx again for your input
Old 03-22-2009, 02:47 PM
Tech Adept

2.0 or x2 i would say rc8 truggy
Old 03-22-2009, 10:06 PM
Tech Adept

alexzone007- whats up thx for stoppin by so why the RC8?? Give me some pro's and con's
Old 03-23-2009, 09:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 163 (100%+)

you wont be disappointed with the x2crt i loved the truck when i was racing it, it was more durable for me then the losi is
Old 03-23-2009, 09:27 AM
Tech Adept

cjm1126- hey whats up yah i purchased the X2 hopefully it comes today. So you have any engines for sales.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:04 PM
Tech Adept

ok everyone my friend has this engine brand new what do you think YAH or NAH

Mugen Ninja JX21 B01 5-Port Off-Road Competition Buggy Engine (Turbo Plug)
Old 03-23-2009, 03:24 PM
Tech Initiate

That engine is the heat.

As far as truggies are concerned, I would not trade my Losi 8T 1.0 for anything other then a 2.0. This truck is so tough it consistantly blows my mind. Two of my good friends run a Mugen mbx5t and a Kyosho truggy...both very tough trucks. The losi is as tough if not tougher. Plus it hauls balls around the track.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wheruat
ok everyone my friend has this engine brand new what do you think YAH or NAH

Mugen Ninja JX21 B01 5-Port Off-Road Competition Buggy Engine (Turbo Plug)
that is IMO one of the best buggy/truggy engines on the market right now. Crazy powerful, awesome fuel milage and good longevity. I have one that I just got to go in my 2.0 T for this season. Pair it with a JP-3 for a truggy. IMO the JP-3 is one of the best pipes for a truggy on the v-spec based engines. It gives a very nice powerband with loads of torque and 10+ minute runtimes. Other options include the OS or mugen 2060(efra 2042) and the EB mods 2041. The 2060 is probably one of the best pipes for that engine but it also has a large price tag. The 2041 is also a good choice and very affordable, but IMO the JP-3 is where it's at. It is also a very durable and versitile pipe so most likely will be with you for awhile(works on lots of engines). But yup the Ninja is definately a very good choice.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:44 PM
Tech Adept

JAMMINKRAZY- thx for stoppin by yah im gonna pick up the Ninja engine from him and get a JP-3 pipe. Thx

Anyone running X2's @ Revelation- what diff setup are you using. Thx in advance
Old 04-06-2009, 11:28 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Crystal Park Raceway

Hey guys how is the off-road track at Crystal park vs Revelation?