Wiki Posts
Search

OS Speed = Slow

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 07:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smash8ight
you guys do know the new ninja is a v-spec.....
Actually, the Ninja JX21 is OS's version of a Nova P5, but same bore stroke of a V-Spec/Speed !

As for the O.S. Speed, make sure its fully broken in before you lean the HSN more. They're not slow.

Last edited by ezveedub; 03-08-2009 at 08:36 AM.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:30 AM
Tech Adept

Default os speed

sounds like its not bee broken in correctly the speed is just as fast as a c6 and more than a match for a ninja jx b01a it takes quite alot to bed these engines
Old 03-08-2009, 08:56 AM
Tech Addict

I have seen a lot a mugen ninjas jx out run a Speed with no prob and its about 1/2 the price and a great mill. I looked at the speed before I bought my ninja. Just couldnt see spending that kind of money for one mill. One other thing its not all about the mill 90% is the ability of the drive. Not saying your a bad driver at all. I have and have had a few diff mill myself and I think the ninja hands down is one of the better mills I have ever had and for the people jumping this guys but about not doing something right you dont know if its right or wrong. The guys just asking for help or some ideas.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

my os vspec II worlds has been great easy to tune go over 10+min on every track i run at and no one pass me on the straights
Old 03-08-2009, 11:16 AM
Tech Adept

Default os

pound for pound ninja is a better engine there is not much in it but tuned correctly speed kicks ass
Old 03-08-2009, 11:23 AM
Tech Adept

Default os

they are both good engines if they were the same price i would go for the speed
Old 03-08-2009, 11:24 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jewn_beef
huh what you need is a os rocket or xtm 24.7 colling head for that motor then you can lean it out. the hara edition with the holes in the head make it not have enough material to cool properly. if you dont want it though i might have a buyer for it
first off nothing xtm belongs on that engine and see if it dosent get faster after 2 gallons
Old 03-08-2009, 12:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by richard baker
Right these are the vpec settings we use here in UK dosent matter wether a speed , standard, recab, jp or ninja these will work everywhere.

For 7mm restrictor with p3 plug and 30% byron or odonnel.

Idle gap : 0.7mm Set this first as most important and make sure to remove restrictor
Top end : 2 turns out from flush
Bottom End : Flush or just in from flush
Midrange: Flush usually slot vertical.
Pipe OS 2060 or 2050 are a bit softer than some but should still get amazing top end here in UK we run the jammin/HN 2062 pipe.

these settings the engine should fly and have a nice low idle, this is most important otherwise it will run on at end of strights.
On the 808 i would run it on a 16t bell with the hard clutch springs and 1.71g shoes.

Hope this helps

Spud

thats where you are, every engine will be tuned differently. so i wouldnt post stuff like that because it could mess some new people up
Old 03-08-2009, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ezveedub
Actually, the Ninja JX21 is OS's version of a Nova P5, but same bore stroke of a V-Spec/Speed !
actually the ninja is a os VZR(club onroad) sleeve and piston, speed crank and .28 case.

very similar tho the Vspec/VZR sleeve combo i use to run, I remember telling chad bradley about this a few years ago he then started running the same.

BTW im not fast or a pro, i just talk to the right people
Old 03-08-2009, 12:21 PM
Tech Regular

Guys i dont understand why there is this reaction from people..

let the person explain to us exactly what happens and we as drivers lets try to find ways and explanations to solve the problem..i agree the title of the post might not be the best one but there is a better way to solve the problems than that of start bullshitting evryone and everything...

i myself do not have the experience of either the speed not the rb..

those who do..
can they say something ? not a bias answer...just the truth...

maybe the os is shit.. maybe some others that used both found that the os is much better and there is something there that can solve the problem..

thats how some engineers and technicians solve their problems...
Old 03-08-2009, 12:31 PM
Tech Regular

Perhaps the Speed is for engines, what MP9 is for chassis.
I'm sure it's great, but it's just not worth it.
Old 03-08-2009, 01:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HaulinBass
actually the ninja is a os VZR(club onroad) sleeve and piston, speed crank and .28 case.

very similar tho the Vspec/VZR sleeve combo i use to run, I remember telling chad bradley about this a few years ago he then started running the same.

BTW im not fast or a pro, i just talk to the right people
The Ninja JX is a XZ case machined to fit VSpec parts, the crank is not a Speed crank, as its missing the two weights and the it has no ceramic rear bearing. The main difference between the Speed and JX21 is the crank, the beefier case, and having 5 ports instead of 3 ports. The ports on the current Speeds are aligned the same as the Ninja ports. Also, the JX21 piston is not the same as the Speed or VSpec. All in all, they all run the same IMO. Its the throttle feel and control that differs between a JX21, Speed, and VSpec.
Old 03-08-2009, 04:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

the associated 2035 pipe(thunder tiger 2035 is the same, but cheaper) works great on my buddys speed, his top end really came to life with it, and we didn't have to change the needle settings at all when we swapped out his os 2060 for it. temps stayed within 5 degrees.
Old 03-08-2009, 07:44 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by casevac
Perhaps the Speed is for engines, what MP9 is for chassis.
I'm sure it's great, but it's just not worth it.
MP9=Always Broken >>> then what does that mean for Speed=??? (not always broken) I dunno...
Old 03-08-2009, 07:53 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
MP9=Always Broken >>> then what does that mean for Speed=??? (not always broken) I dunno...
serious????? how does os speed - slow = mp9 is always broke

the car does break , but ........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.