Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need help with my Losi Aftershock

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 10:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Need help with my Losi Aftershock

I have a team losi aftershock, its been sitting for about a year after goin through the 5 tank breakin cycle, last time i drove it on the 5th tank, it want crazy on me, and crashed and flipped but didnt break anything, so i pulled it out today its been about a year like i said, but i took it to the hobby shop so i could get it tuned in, and the guy got it tuned, we took it out side to drive it and the thing wont go, it will move about 2 inches when you give it throttle, and then you let off and it dies. what could be the problem??
Old 02-12-2009, 10:31 PM
TIX
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

check that the clutch isnt worn down to far after break in. i think they had the composite shoes in them and they wear down pretty quick.

we had one doing the same thing the other day. it would idle fine but as soon as you put it down it wouldnt go anywhere and would die. we pulled the clutch off and there was nothing left of the shoes
Old 02-12-2009, 10:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TIX
check that the clutch isnt worn down to far after break in. i think they had the composite shoes in them and they wear down pretty quick.

we had one doing the same thing the other day. it would idle fine but as soon as you put it down it wouldnt go anywhere and would die. we pulled the clutch off and there was nothing left of the shoes
+1 definately check your clutch. That is most likely the problem. If you have to put new shoes in get some aluminum ones. Those composite shoes won't last on such a big heavy truck. I'm not sure if the dynamite max life shoes will fit that clutch(don't see why they wouldn't) but they would be a good bet.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:43 PM
Tech Rookie

cool i took it apart and the shoes dont look to worn(is there any certain spec?), with the engine off of the chassis should the gear closest to the transmisson housing be able to spin freely?, oh and the clutch bellhousing has changed colors from the silver to a copper and blue from the heat is that normal, just looked at the engine and the knuckles of the shoes are about flush with the springs.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:49 AM
Tech Rookie

anybody else have any ideas?
Old 02-13-2009, 06:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Too rich? Also, when pulling the throttle, give it quick bumps that way the engine doesn't load up on you and flame.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

The After Shock is known to have tranny problems in my area. When you took the engine off did it roll? Sounds like drivetrain problems to me. You said it sat up for a year so check the bearings. One might be locked up from sitting so long.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I dont think any gears should be able to spin freely. The clutch bell on there is a 2 speed that means it looks like 2 different gears in 1. They both should be both meshed properly with the 2 spurgears. And the Dynamite max life shoes are good and the LST 2 stock clutch shoes are a good for the aftershock and they last for ever too.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:15 AM
Tech Rookie

the gear that spins freely is the gear closest to the transmisson, the other when you spin it, the whole truck move so im guessing its just for the other gear, im gonna try replacing the clutch shoe and the bell housing