Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
What's the general consensus on the HPI Hellfire? >

What's the general consensus on the HPI Hellfire?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the general consensus on the HPI Hellfire?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 05:32 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by I'm Pro
How does the Hyper compare to the Losi? I'm willing to pay more for a better machine.

Losi no questions asked....the hyper is A heavy tank with Lots of turning....it's designed for the UK flat tracks....Not the US Style Super cross tracks. And has its own quirks just like every other truck out there.

Last edited by Integra; 12-07-2008 at 05:56 PM.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I can tell you the Hyper ST & PRo are super durable, I have 2 uncles who race their Hyper ST, one the Pro and the other the RTR, the one with the Pro has been racing it for over a year and I believe he has only broken a rod, I'm sure you'll be happy with it either racing or bashing, oh and I'm also sure the Losi 8ight is as durable

Integra, I don't think he will mind if the Hyper ST is in the heavy side, according to him, he will mostly bash and hit the track now and then.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

If anyone is looking for a Hellfire a local hobbyshop has one, they've had it a while they would probably sell it for cost. www.teashobbyshop.com

The Kyosho is the best truggy available.

Rex
Old 12-07-2008, 05:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hellfire or hyper shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as losi 8t. No comparison. Some people can't drive a losi cuz they turn real well. I'm getting CABIN FEVER in pa. Probably gonna get kicked off the forums before winter is over. Buy something that works well and you can have fun with. Your better off buying a beaten up race horse than a new turd.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by 22Racer
If anyone is looking for a Hellfire a local hobbyshop has one, they've had it a while they would probably sell it for cost. www.teashobbyshop.com

The Kyosho is the best truggy available.

Rex
Can i get some reasons?
Old 12-07-2008, 06:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

So I'm leaning towards the Losi 8ight -t as my truggy of choice when i get the funds to buy one.

if anyone has any reasons i shouldn't get this truggy, go ahead and let me know and recommend what one you'd choose over the losi and why.

Thanks!
Losi is a great truck. I have raced my race roller for almost 2 years and have no complaints at all. super durable and really fast on the track. I also have experiece with the rtr and it is very impressive. you get the best engine and the best radio of any rtr truggy. The mach 427 is a screamer and is perfect for someone who is going to bash alot but also wants to be able to run on a track. it will have plenty of power for you. The radio is a spektrum unit which means you will have the security of DSM. this means no crystals and no frequency interference. The 8ight is very durable and a capable racing machine. it will have no problem doing whatever you want with it. Plus Losi is porbably the easiest brand to find parts for other than traxxas. almost every hobby shop and online retailer carries horizon products. i'm sure your lhs would have or would be able to order anything you could possibly need for it. Just my 2 cents
Old 12-07-2008, 06:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the great reply.

You guys are pretty damn helpful!

Man, comparing you guys to a car audio forum I go to, you guys are so much better. I got flamed to hell and back for asking newb questions (like I'm doin here) because I was new to the game. But you guys are so much more mature and helpful!

Thanks!!
Old 12-07-2008, 06:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Thanks for the great reply.

You guys are pretty damn helpful!

Man, comparing you guys to a car audio forum I go to, you guys are so much better. I got flamed to hell and back for asking newb questions (like I'm doin here) because I was new to the game. But you guys are so much more mature and helpful!

Thanks!!
no problem man. we all started somewhere.
Old 12-08-2008, 12:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Remember with nay sayers you need to take what they say with a hugh grain of salt. Especially on the internet
Old 12-09-2008, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Can i get some reasons?
We've ran Ofna, then Losi, now Kyosho (buggies and truggies) and by far the Kyosho quality is better. My son won alot of races with the Losi 8t but this year has been unbeatable around here with the Kyosho Strr. He loved the Losi but the Kyosho is way fast. The plastic and quality is better and doesn't wear out as fast. We used to be all Losi when we ran electric and then when they came out with the nitro stuff, but since Gil's been gone Losi is not a racing company anymore.

You can pick up a Losi cheaper and it is a good truck.

Rex