Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
What's the general consensus on the HPI Hellfire? >

What's the general consensus on the HPI Hellfire?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the general consensus on the HPI Hellfire?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 12:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

It's all about how you maintain it but that with all R/C's.

3 yrs of racing hard
2 broken servo saver arm from having the adj fairly tight
1 bent top plate from hitting a 4x4 wall when you hit the jump wrong
2 set of control arms because they tend to bow after awhile. Well all control arms do this after time from jumping
1 set of CVD's BUT thats with 3 yrs on them I run cvd boots.
3 sets center diff drive cups
3 wings only because they get beat up
3 bodies well we all know why that happens
6 bent right side front inner hinge pin from that same 4x4 wall from the way the track was built that 1 yr
Some steering bushings and new ends and pivot balls in all the links
Can't count the bearing change but I've used just about all the manufactures they all go bad.
2 ball cups on the thottle where it hooks to the engine they don't fit well on the Radical 621T
Stock diffs run ok for the 1st yr but changed to lightning diffs because I went to .21 center diff still running the same inner gears.
1 spur gear teeth getting worn after 3 yrs changed it before a trophy race this year.
You can't count clutches because they are high wear part. Ofna silver alum clutch shoes wear a long time

WOW not bad for 3 years racing and test running on the track including a few crashes. I've seen many poeple with other r/c vehicle including the high price kits put more parts on. Some of the things I've seen broken is because of how poeple drive then go online call it junk they do this on any manufacture R/C vehicle.
Has nothing to do with being hard headed it's been good to me. Why Change I'm there to have fun I do win time to time. I have Xray XT8 just don't like the way it drives. Very nice truggy

Last edited by pdmustgt; 12-07-2008 at 01:17 AM.
Old 12-07-2008, 12:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rkhess
yeah i was pretty hard headed about reading reviews too ...how many people still sell the the hellfire ss?..theres a reason 4 that
Tell me why you see AE, Losi, Xray, mugen, Kyosho and etc for sell too that are fairly new to boot????..theres a reason why for that
Old 12-07-2008, 05:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I too got a hell fire when they 1st came out..replaced alot of parts, but mainly broken because of driver error.. parts do break nomatter what brand..raced it 2 years and ran great..but once we started traveling around to other tracks, we started seeing other trucks that did seem to be better race trucks.. I now race hot bodies lsp trucks.. same thing at the start, but as time goes on, less parts break and you yourself find ways to improve the way the truck works.. thats the fun part of R/C trucks..as far as some of these "experts" on these forums, I bet also most of these nay sayers have'nt even owned whatever brand thier bashing..all said now,I still have my hell fire,and it will make a good basher/racer yet..
Old 12-07-2008, 06:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by I'm Pro
I'm looking for mostly a basher but also something that would be fun to take to a track and dink around you know? Nothing serious.
get a revo 3.3
Old 12-07-2008, 06:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pdmustgt
Tell me why you see AE, Losi, Xray, mugen, Kyosho and etc for sell too that are fairly new to boot????..theres a reason why for that
why? because they are only as good as a hellfire?
Old 12-07-2008, 06:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (99%+)

STAY AWAY from a hell-fart!!!
Old 12-07-2008, 07:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pdmustgt
not real sure what u mean.. but anyway i tried tons of setups i just couldnt hang with others even rtr's then i switched hyper st pro it was a good truck, finished 4th with it my first race.a little heavy/tons of steering but it was a tank so i would say its just IMO that the hyper st pro is perfect for bashing and racing.
Old 12-07-2008, 07:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Buy a Mugen and totally forget about a Hellfire, they are a waste of money....... also if you ever want to resell Hellfires are worthless and impossible to sell
Old 12-07-2008, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
Buy a Mugen and totally forget about a Hellfire, they are a waste of money....... also if you ever want to resell Hellfires are worthless and impossible to sell
somthing i learned buying a cen for a starter truck. still here .. forsale..
Old 12-07-2008, 02:07 PM
Tech Initiate

So I'm leaning towards the Losi 8ight -t as my truggy of choice when i get the funds to buy one.

if anyone has any reasons i shouldn't get this truggy, go ahead and let me know and recommend what one you'd choose over the losi and why.

Thanks!
Old 12-07-2008, 02:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

anything but a hellfire or cen!! that is just my opinoin!
Old 12-07-2008, 04:37 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jamminnay
anything but a hellfire or cen!! that is just my opinoin!

x2

8ight would be my choice as you can get them pretty darn cheep now a days with the 2.0 soon to be released.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:56 PM
Tech Initiate

I thought the 2.0 was already out? lol shows how much i know.

Because i've been busy looking thru online stores at all the cars and prices and such and i came across this:

http://www.asylumxtreme.com/losi-8ig...nitro-p-1.html

And it has "DX2.0"
Old 12-07-2008, 05:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I had a lot of front/rear differential problems, to the point where I could not finish any race at all, I ended up selling it.

Nitrohouse.com has the Hyper ST Pro or RTR for under $370
Old 12-07-2008, 05:24 PM
Tech Initiate

How does the Hyper compare to the Losi? I'm willing to pay more for a better machine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.