Wiki Posts
Search

8T 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 12:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aznitronut
Okay, thanks, but is there anything specific between the 2 different sets? Where is the incline? Are the stock spindles 0 degree incline?
The incline changes the angle at which the king pins are located. Imagine with the standard spindles and carriers, looking at the car from the front, the king pins are completely vertical. The inclined spindles angle the king pins inward by 5 degrees at the top, towards the center of the car. This change in king pin angle changes the axis on which the spindle rotates. The pics may help.

Originally Posted by Integra
Someone had picture's of all the angle's....Kobe was that you ?
I've got some saved that someone else posted. I don't remember who it was though. uploaded at the bottom.

Originally Posted by teamlosi906
When running the inclined front spindles with the older style rear adj hinge plates,what inserts do you use in the rear with the stock rear plate for roll center??
If you're running the stock rear plate, you would want to run 0 inserts in the forward plate to provide you with 3* of anti-squat.

Note: Inclined parts are BLACK, standard parts are grey...
Attached Thumbnails 8T 2.0-inclined-carriers-p.jpg   8T 2.0-inclined-spindles-p.jpg  
Old 05-07-2011, 12:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

So what is the difference between the 10* and 12*? I have the LRC rear end on my truck. What inserts would I want to be runing?
Old 05-07-2011, 02:06 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by SuperDaveNT
So what is the difference between the 10* and 12*? I have the LRC rear end on my truck. What inserts would I want to be runing?
10* or 12* is the caster built into the spindle carrier.

With the LRC rear end you would run 1's up in the forward block and 0's in the rear block. That would get you 3* of anti-squat and 3* of toe in, which is a pretty standard setup that most use.

If you don't know what caster does, download the file below. IMO this file is a MUST HAVE. Great info in there...

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/sho...p?file_id=4461
Old 05-07-2011, 04:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

When running the inclined spindles, the LRC kit is recomended, correct ? I think I heard it was but not for sure.
Old 05-07-2011, 05:18 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Greg B
When running the inclined spindles, the LRC kit is recomended, correct ? I think I heard it was but not for sure.
Yep. And with the inclines most run the bump steer UP. Those are the only real common setup changes when running them.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Thanks Bro.....
Old 05-07-2011, 09:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Greg B
What is the LRC Kit?
Old 05-07-2011, 09:17 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by SDelaney
What is the LRC Kit?
LRC stands for "Low Roll Center". The original adjustable plates raised the rear roll center by 1mm from the stock plates. The LRC plates lower the roll center back to what the stock plates provide, but allow you to adjust the toe and anti-squat angles.

Linky..

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...race-w-Inserts
Old 05-07-2011, 09:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
LRC stands for "Low Roll Center". The original adjustable plates raised the rear roll center by 1mm from the stock plates. The LRC plates lower the roll center back to what the stock plates provide, but allow you to adjust the toe and anti-squat angles.

Linky..

Ahhh, I have the RTR kit so I have the stock setup. So would you not do the inclines if you can't do the LRC?
Old 05-07-2011, 09:37 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by SDelaney
Ahhh, I have the RTR kit so I have the stock setup. So would you not do the inclines if you can't do the LRC?
Actually with the stock plates that come on the RTR you're already at the same roll center as the LRC blocks. The reason for the LRC blocks is so that you still get the benefit of being able to adjust the angles as you please while also having the proper roll center for the inclined parts.
Old 05-08-2011, 01:48 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi

I am looking for a setup for realy bumpy track, what are your suggestions?

I am shortenig droop and increasing ride height, am I doing the correct thing or I am dooing something wrong?

Problem what I have is when I hit a bump it throws rear upwards.

I am using standart setup with shorter droop and higher ride height.

Thanks for reply.
Old 05-08-2011, 02:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MaSt
Hi

I am looking for a setup for realy bumpy track, what are your suggestions?

I am shortenig droop and increasing ride height, am I doing the correct thing or I am dooing something wrong?

Problem what I have is when I hit a bump it throws rear upwards.

I am using standart setup with shorter droop and higher ride height.

Thanks for reply.
For really bumpy track you want more droop.Also you want to run lower weight shock oil, so it does not bounce as much when you are going over all the ruts and bumps.
What is your current setup?
Old 05-08-2011, 06:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

For bumpy tracks, its also good to make sure your sway bars are loose, to were they move side to side, and move the ends out to where they are flush, at the end of the sway bar.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY

Linky..

Thanks for all the info, I may give it a try, what is there to gain? More steering? Or just better for tighter steering?
Old 05-08-2011, 08:11 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by aznitronut
Thanks for all the info, I may give it a try, what is there to gain? More steering? Or just better for tighter steering?
I believe the reason they raised the roll center in the first place was to make the car more stable. With the inclined parts they found that the stock roll center was better. I think that's how it went. All I know is the LRC plates are recommended with the inclined parts and when you run them together the car is really good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.