Wiki Posts
Search

8T 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 06:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
i gone to be running a rb hobby 9 5 port, with a 4 alum clutch all gold spring setup. with a 86 pipe.
I would think an 053 would be a better fit for that S5(sorry I mean hobby 9). It seems RB likes to come up with new names for the same engine all the time now. Anyway, even when running it in a buggy, I ran an 053 or JP-3 on my RB S5. I just don't think that engine has the torque to run a top end pipe like the 086. As for gearing, it really comes down to what you feel fits better. It's easy to try a couple different bells to get it spot on.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:34 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
I would think an 053 would be a better fit for that S5(sorry I mean hobby 9). It seems RB likes to come up with new names for the same engine all the time now. Anyway, even when running it in a buggy, I ran an 053 or JP-3 on my RB S5. I just don't think that engine has the torque to run a top end pipe like the 086. As for gearing, it really comes down to what you feel fits better. It's easy to try a couple different bells to get it spot on.

well for now though im kind of tight on the money so, i have to run the 86 pipe and just do the cheaper things to get more torque .
Old 05-11-2010, 06:35 PM
Tech Champion

Again whatever works for you.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:39 PM
Tech Prophet

the track that i race at in the pic, have you ever raced there its called hobby hut offroad track, its a good track and rutty lol.

but yea i might try a 13 tooth clutchbell though.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

the track that i race at in the pic, have you ever raced there its called hobby hut offroad track, its a good track and rutty lol.

but yea i might try a 13 tooth clutchbell though.
How big is this track? do you know the dimensions?
Old 05-11-2010, 06:43 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by aznitronut
How big is this track? do you know the dimensions?

um im not sure but from the, pic i showed maybe you could guess ? i mean its big. athough in the pic the rest of the straight is cut off. i do run a 50/14 right now but i think, a 13 tooth whould help in the tighter corners.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Integra
Ive never ran the 50.....All i run is the 48.
Hey Nick, when using the 48 spur, it still gives you enough bottom? what clutch bell are you using? 13 or 14? I can see why you used it at The Nitro Challenge, with the large track.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

um im not sure but from the, pic i showed maybe you could guess ? i mean its big. athough in the pic the rest of the straight is cut off.
Its kinda hard to tell, it does not look that big.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:48 PM
Tech Prophet

Its kinda hard to tell, it does not look that big.

the pic makes it look smaller its, big not hugh its, big enough but like i was saying im running a 50/14 so i think a 50/13 whould help in the, tighter corners and still have enough on the straight.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

the pic makes it look smaller its, big not hugh its, big enough but like i was saying im running a 50/14 so i think a 50/13 whould help in the, corners and still have enough on the straight.
Yes, that will make a big difference, I remember you from the RB thread, you will be okay with your choices.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:57 PM
Tech Prophet

Yes, that will make a big difference, I remember you from the RB thread, you will be okay with your choices.

yea that whould be me im in, most of the treads just not electric ha.
i did have a experiece with the rb s5. a used one that i bought from a racer i knowed wont do that again it, dint have a lot compression after i ran it so not much power really lol. wont buy a used engine again.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:20 PM
Tech Initiate

Can I ask what engines these are? I've never heard of a bearing race actually cracking in my time in this hobby. Not once.
Yeh I know it's bizzare

I'm a bit reluctant to give the motor brand incase it's used against it but in the interests of clearing this up: They were both GO tech 7 ports.

The first one (generation 5.5) was in my buggy for somewhere around 3 months then into the truggy. I put a set of answer ceramics in it not long before it let go. On this one the inner race fractured and bits of it went through the motor.

The 2nd was a GX still on standard bearings no big bits came off this time but it has marked the piston abit.

The 2nd was in the truggy as long as the 3port GX in my 8 version 1 buggy - this motor is sweet as.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:29 PM
Tech Champion

Hmmm. I don't know what to say man. Never heard of it in my life. The only thing I can think of would be a really heavy impact on the crankshaft. Any other factors that could be an issue? Like a certain crazy track feature or jump that would be causing an extreme impact? I just can't see how it would even happen. Maybe a freak accident on one engine(even that baffles me), but on more than one engine it is crazy. This one is another head scratcher for me.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:50 PM
Tech Initiate

Hmmm. I don't know what to say man. Never heard of it in my life. The only thing I can think of would be a really heavy impact on the crankshaft. Any other factors that could be an issue? Like a certain crazy track feature or jump that would be causing an extreme impact? I just can't see how it would even happen. Maybe a freak accident on one engine(even that baffles me), but on more than one engine it is crazy. This one is another head scratcher for me.
Nothing stands out all the tracks I run are pretty tame. If it was a heavy impact on the crank the bearing at the flywheel end would show some damage or notchyness which the lastest one isn't showing.

When I throw the new bearings in this weekend I will check the crank to see if it is tweeked any as well.

Thanks for the help I was throwing it out there for input, it is definiatly a real noodle scatcher
Old 05-11-2010, 08:28 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Hey Nick, when using the 48 spur, it still gives you enough bottom? what clutch bell are you using? 13 or 14? I can see why you used it at The Nitro Challenge, with the large track.
I tried a 14 cb at the nitro challenge and I did not likenit even though that was the bigest track j have ever driven on. It did not have a very big straight. Lost of jumps and elevation change and that deep deep washboard section. My buggy would practically disappear. What a track. I can't wait until oct if they have the nitrocrossthere again. I wanna go

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.