Community
Wiki Posts
Search

8T 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 01:27 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by bigjayjay1
One thing you need to watch is the allen set screw on the upper adjustment collar (dont know name fuel tube assembly) on mine it will hit the upper mount the set screw sticks out from the collar it will bind the brakes.

is that with the split mount, or the stock diff mount? i have had the coller set screw hit my splash guard. none of the set screws, on the collers are hitting anywhere.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
is that with the split mount, or the stock diff mount? i have had the coller set screw hit my splash guard. none of the set screws, on the collers are hitting anywhere.
Well you did something wrong. I'm not sure what, but you definitely did something wrong. Like Frank said, check your brake cams. If you put them in wrong they won't activate the brakes.

I think you might be having an issue because of the 1.0 brake discs. The 2.0 brakes are much thicker than the 1.0 discs. The 2.0 updated discs are even thicker than the original 2.0 discs, and the split mount was designed to use the updated black discs. Grab a set of the black discs. They are a must have anyway in my mind. 100% better than all of the old discs, especially the 1.0 ones.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:58 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
Well you did something wrong. I'm not sure what, but you definitely did something wrong. Like Frank said, check your brake cams. If you put them in wrong they won't activate the brakes.

I think you might be having an issue because of the 1.0 brake discs. The 2.0 brakes are much thicker than the 1.0 discs. The 2.0 updated discs are even thicker than the original 2.0 discs, and the split mount was designed to use the updated black discs. Grab a set of the black discs. They are a must have anyway in my mind. 100% better than all of the old discs, especially the 1.0 ones.

thats what im thinking that i need, to get the 2.0 brake disc that might be the problem. cause if i use the, stock diff mount the brakes work fine.

i just have to use the stock diff mount this weekend.

i only have enough to race this weekend, so i have to get the 2.0 brake disc later on.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:02 PM
Tech Champion

thats what im thinking that i need, to get the 2.0 brake disc that might be the problem. cause if i use the, stock diff mount the brakes work fine.

i only have enough to race this weekend, so i have to get the 2.0 brake disc later on.
The problem probably comes from the fact that you can't set the brake gap as small with the split mount as you can the plastic mounts. That means you have to have the correct disc that is wide enough to accommodate the larger brake gap.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 235 (100%+)
Default losi

do you have to use the short camber links with th v2 tower and using the inside hole on the hub thanks i have the titanium turnbuckles should i cut them to fit thanks
Old 04-29-2010, 02:05 PM
Tech Prophet

The problem probably comes from the fact that you can't set the brake gap as small with the split mount as you can the plastic mounts. That means you have to have the correct disc that is wide enough to accommodate the larger brake gap.

your right man that has to be it. the nut that goes, on the split brake mount can only go to, the last thread on it will strip.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:09 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by teamlosi906
do you have to use the short camber links with th v2 tower and using the inside hole on the hub thanks i have the titanium turnbuckles should i cut them to fit thanks
You only have to use the shorter links if you are running the inside(A) hole on the hub. You can cut the ones you have or simply pick up a front set. I believe the size is 5x105mm from lunsford if you want to pick up some titanium ones that will fit.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:16 PM
Tech Elite

Default losi

what is this set up really help with on a decent traction track, short vs stock camber length does anybody sell a good book with all the set up changes what does what i know what most set up does but the front and rear camber anti squat anti dive
Old 04-29-2010, 02:22 PM
Tech Champion

what is this set up really help with on a decent traction track, short vs stock camber length does anybody sell a good book with all the set up changes what does what i know what most set up does but the front and rear camber anti squat anti dive
A lot of things are explained at the back of the losi manual. I'm not exactly sure what is in there, but I believe the camber link stuff is.

The short links will give you a bit more off power steering. They will allow the truck to rotate more at low speeds. You will lose a bit of on power steering. I like the short link setup personally. I say give it a shot! If you still have your stock turnbuckles(since you are running titanium ones), throw the stock front ones on the rear and try it out.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Split mount the collar that pass right underneath the top plate it all depends on far your adjustment point are at thou.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:26 PM
Tech Elite

Default losi

one more then i will give your fingers a break if i want to run the stock set up with the v2 tower where do i put the inner camber link or leave it inside lower thanks your alot of help i deal with this alot in the winter working on snowmobiles
Old 04-29-2010, 02:30 PM
Tech Champion

one more then i will give your fingers a break if i want to run the stock set up with the v2 tower where do i put the inner camber link or leave it inside lower thanks your alot of help i deal with this alot in the winter working on snowmobiles
To run stock with the v2 tower, the camber link should be in the lower inside hole(toward center) on the tower and B hole on the hub(second from center).
Old 04-29-2010, 02:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

A blank setup sheet dot in extra holes add setup and post for the V2.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:33 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bigjayjay1
A blank setup sheet dot in extra holes add setup and post for the V2.
Here is my setup. You can use your imagination on the #4 shock mount hole.
Attached Thumbnails 8T 2.0-my-8t-2.0-2-setup.jpg  
Old 04-29-2010, 04:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
Here ya go. Just make sure you use the correct hole on the V2 tower its not the correct picture on the setup sheet.

http://www.losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/L...akeV2Tower.pdf
The only real difference from that sheet to the correct setup with the V2 tower is running the shock in what you would call the #4 hole I guess. Camber link is still run in the same hole on the tower and either A or B on the hub.

hey guys thanks for the info.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.