Wiki Posts
Search

8T 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 04:36 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
Many people used those engines in truggies. It will do fine with correct gearing, clutch and pipe. Maybe Frank can chime in on here. I know he ran GRP's for a while in his truggy. I believe most were modded, but he may still have some recommendations.
Send it to Mark at powerhouse and let him do a race port mod it will take care of the bottom end and then use green and silver springs if you still need more snap. The difference from the stock to powerhouse modded GRP was amazing. It was a whole new engine. I ran them in the truggy only.
Old 03-07-2010, 05:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

does losi sell a 2.0mm front sway bar for the 8ight....thanks
Old 03-07-2010, 06:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by terryt
does losi sell a 2.0mm front sway bar for the 8ight....thanks
No they don't. Only a rear one.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:48 AM
TIX
Tech Master

I thought my origional 8B kit came with a 2mm front sway bar
its a chrome swaybar.
I use it from time to time. ill get it out and measure it but im pretty sure its 2mm
Old 03-08-2010, 03:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

Originally Posted by losi_racer
wait till u can afford one, honestly.

ive tried many different combos of clutch, different gearing. that engine just doesnt have anything for truggy
Many people used those engines in truggies. It will do fine with correct gearing, clutch and pipe. Maybe Frank can chime in on here. I know he ran GRP's for a while in his truggy. I believe most were modded, but he may still have some recommendations.
I put this engine in a AE truck last summer for a day and didn't think that it
lacked too much power for a truggy, in general, just in a few spots. Then again, I've had super fast and stupid crazy nitro engines before and feel that
it is just not necessary.

Originally Posted by Frank L
Send it to Mark at powerhouse and let him do a race port mod it will take care of the bottom end and then use green and silver springs if you still need more snap. The difference from the stock to powerhouse modded GRP was amazing. It was a whole new engine. I ran them in the truggy only.
If I send it to anybody, it will be Mark at Powerhouse. I have a brand new, spare, piston and sleeve that I am thinking about having him mod. He did
some work for a buddy of mine and godness gracious was that thing fast
when Mark got done with it!
Old 03-08-2010, 03:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

losi put rebates on the 2.0 truggys and buggys...i smell something new...mabe 1/8 scale buggy and truggy in the next few weeks?
Old 03-08-2010, 03:56 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by reggie l.
losi put rebates on the 2.0 truggys and buggys...i smell something new...mabe 1/8 scale buggy and truggy in the next few weeks?
Thats what I have been saying, but everyone says nooooooo. We will see...
Old 03-08-2010, 03:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Frank L
Thats what I have been saying, but everyone says nooooooo. We will see...
B/S....there bringing SOMETHING out for sure...im with you on this one frank
Old 03-08-2010, 04:01 PM
Tech Adept

IF you think about it, this would be a terrible time for Losi to drop a refined or newer type of buggy or truggy because of the economy. Now that can go two ways, many will say hey they droped the EU edition, but they probally had that in production for a while and they cant just scrap it because of R and D costs so they release it. But if Losi releases a new eight I would be suprised because of the economy. Not exactly the perfect time to launch a new/refined model here in the U.S. because of the economy. Maybe refined more tuneable parts would be the ticket.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:06 PM
Tech Champion

IMO it's just for sales. They put ALL race rollers on sale, not just the buggy and truggy. I think it would be odd to put everything on sale at once if it truly was something new. On the other hand, I see the thought process of there being something new. I could see it being an update, but I don't think it's a totally new platform. I don't think a 3.0 is needed or coming in the near future. Of coarse I have been wrong before.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jjshbetz11
IF you think about it, this would be a terrible time for Losi to drop a refined or newer type of buggy or truggy because of the economy. Now that can go two ways, many will say hey they droped the EU edition, but they probally had that in production for a while and they cant just scrap it because of R and D costs so they release it. But if Losi releases a new eight I would be suprised because of the economy. Not exactly the perfect time to launch a new/refined model here in the U.S. because of the economy. Maybe refined more tuneable parts would be the ticket.
the ue buggy is just a 2.0 with a slightly changed body and different shock towers...they didnt re-design the whole car..thats no big deal

i think they are bringing something new out...other manufactures have brought out cars...they may not have been nitro or 8th scale but they have brought out new stuff.. so why wouldnt losi
Old 03-08-2010, 04:13 PM
Tech Adept

ya I see what yout sayin, they did put ALL RR's on sale. I forgot about that, now they certaintly are not going to releace new RR on every vechile. It has got to be a connection between the economy and SC class, lets admit it, they are basically 1/8th buggies
Old 03-08-2010, 04:14 PM
Tech Master

IMO it's just for sales. They put ALL race rollers on sale, not just the buggy and truggy. I think it would be odd to put everything on sale at once if it truly was something new. On the other hand, I see the thought process of there being something new. I could see it being an update, but I don't think it's a totally new platform. I don't think a 3.0 is needed or coming in the near future. Of coarse I have been wrong before.
the last time i seen losi put stuff on sale, the 2.0's came out... so its POSSIBLE for mabe a 2.5 or 3.0 to be out soon
Old 03-08-2010, 04:19 PM
Tech Champion

the last time i seen losi put stuff on sale, the 2.0's came out... so its POSSIBLE for mabe a 2.5 or 3.0 to be out soon
Maybe, but I don't expect any design changes. Maybe just some of the new "hop ups" like they put on the EU. Like the new black anno'd parts and the new titanium parts they just released. If they do that and sell it as a KIT I will be happy.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:20 PM
Tech Adept

the ue buggy is just a 2.0 with a slightly changed body and different shock towers...they didnt re-design the whole car..thats no big deal

i think they are bringing something new out...other manufactures have brought out cars...they may not have been nitro or 8th scale but they have brought out new stuff.. so why wouldnt losi
Because Horizion has a MEGA hold on the market. They would not launch something that would make them get laughed at when racing(my belief) So for them to launch a new line of eight it would have to totally be competive witch costs alot in recearch and development, witch has to be paid back in sales, witch would not do so hot when we are in a fiancial market when people are choosing grocery allowences over mortage payments because of the U.S. fiancial situation. Try to sell a $600.00 RR kit to a person of a family struggling to pay the mortage, it just dosent add up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.