Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Mugen MBX6T

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 09:49 PM
Tech Regular

How is there part quality compare? The last time I own a Mugen was back in the MBX4 days. I now own a xray 808, so I kinda know how xray quailty is, but what about mugen...?

Originally Posted by anf0
I had the XT8'09 and I now drive the MBX6T...

Instantly 1.4 seconds quicker a lap.

Enough said
Old 11-13-2009, 12:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 808 and mugen

Originally Posted by chumanji
How is there part quality compare? The last time I own a Mugen was back in the MBX4 days. I now own a xray 808, so I kinda know how xray quailty is, but what about mugen...?
i had the 808 and sold it to fund an mbx6, about the same quality.

the 808 is eaiser to maintain
Old 11-14-2009, 04:50 AM
JUD
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I WOULD ASSUME ALOT OF THE BUGS ARE OUT OF THE MBX6T. WHAT PARTS ON THE TRUGGY HAVE BEEN ACTING UP, AS FAR AS WEAR OR REPLACEMENT. I RUN JAMMIN AND THE DIFFS ARE A PAIN IN THE *&%SS!!. ANY PROBLEMS WITH THE MUGEN???
Old 11-14-2009, 05:27 AM
Tech Regular

Guys before the Hotbodies d8t, mugen mbx6t and losi 8ight2t the st-rr was the best i think.

Now as i see in the tracks the losi and mugen are the top but i dont know about the hotbodies. People that had the st-rr sold it for a mugen.

I still have the st-rr and i only did one race with it. i have very little experience with truggys and that is why i asked if i must sell my st-rr for something else.

when i try to see the engineering of each truggy the st-rr doesnt have anything to be scared off though.

its engineering design looks promising but obviously you people that had experience with mugen losi and hobodies will know better.
Old 11-14-2009, 09:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by didrace
Guys before the Hotbodies d8t, mugen mbx6t and losi 8ight2t the st-rr was the best i think.

Now as i see in the tracks the losi and mugen are the top but i dont know about the hotbodies. People that had the st-rr sold it for a mugen.

I still have the st-rr and i only did one race with it. i have very little experience with truggys and that is why i asked if i must sell my st-rr for something else.

when i try to see the engineering of each truggy the st-rr doesnt have anything to be scared off though.

its engineering design looks promising but obviously you people that had experience with mugen losi and hobodies will know better.
Theres nothing wrong with the st-rr. It is still a good competative truck, and beats me everytime I race my buddy (monty Houston).
Old 11-15-2009, 09:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jzemaxx
Anyone know if Barry Pettit has a setup sheet posted??

His truck looked good at this event. He was one of the fastest through the whoop section. He floated over it.....

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Not sure if Pettit has a setup sheet posted, but I had the oppertunity to speek with him and his dad at our Fall Outlaw Series yesterday. Pettit is absolutely unreal with th 6T. The first time I ever saw him race it was with the 5T amazing then, but now just unreal. To watch him race he seem to just not lose speed anywhere on the track just constantly accelerating. When everyone one at the event in Pro truggy were bearly putting down low 32- high 31 second laps Pettit, was dropping 29 second laps fastest of the night if I am not mistaking, for truggy or buggy. Guy was just smoking fast. I will try and scan a copy of his setup later for those who may want to know what he is running, for as i hear he doesn, make drastic changes to his setup other then tire changes and maybe shock fluids.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 357 (100%+)

yeah post the setup
Old 11-15-2009, 11:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

plus 1
Old 11-15-2009, 11:40 AM
Tech Regular

I liked the way the car takes the 180 degrees corners. how do they do that?
Old 11-15-2009, 12:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

fyi... Anyone having tank issues if you think it's the cap you can buy the cap by itself. Part # H0864.

As for the M-Spec MBX6T dealers received pricing last week. The M-Spec should cost the same as the kit version.
Old 11-15-2009, 02:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

how do you guys test the tanks for leaks? Mine is suspect.
TIA
DannyG
Old 11-15-2009, 03:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trimble
Not sure if Pettit has a setup sheet posted, but I had the oppertunity to speek with him and his dad at our Fall Outlaw Series yesterday. Pettit is absolutely unreal with th 6T. The first time I ever saw him race it was with the 5T amazing then, but now just unreal. To watch him race he seem to just not lose speed anywhere on the track just constantly accelerating. When everyone one at the event in Pro truggy were bearly putting down low 32- high 31 second laps Pettit, was dropping 29 second laps fastest of the night if I am not mistaking, for truggy or buggy. Guy was just smoking fast. I will try and scan a copy of his setup later for those who may want to know what he is running, for as i hear he doesn, make drastic changes to his setup other then tire changes and maybe shock fluids.
Bobby and Barry are both pretty cool cats and make a great team...I was in that truck main with them. I think he finished 3rd and I grabbed 6th. That was a fun track, but a little brutal on the buggies. You're right, rarely have I seen them make much changes to the truck at the track.
Old 11-15-2009, 05:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

No he finished 2nd due only in part to a few engine problems. His mill flamed out, Bobby changed his plug at that time. Berry was down 2 laps made them both up in roughly 8mins. Another flame out due to a very low idle down 2 laps again with a little over 8 mins. left of the main made them up in a little over 7 mins. the boys got skills. Mad props Pettit!!! Jeff
Old 11-15-2009, 05:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by s porter
Bobby and Barry are both pretty cool cats and make a great team...I was in that truck main with them. I think he finished 3rd and I grabbed 6th. That was a fun track, but a little brutal on the buggies. You're right, rarely have I seen them make much changes to the truck at the track.
maybe u should take notes. haha just jokin porter. ended up having a seized outdrive in the rear diff last weekend
Old 11-15-2009, 06:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Awesome. I run almost the same exact setup except I run 10, 20, 2 on the diffs. Full rear droop make a huge difference.

Originally Posted by trimble
No he finished 2nd due only in part to a few engine problems. His mill flamed out, Bobby changed his plug at that time. Berry was down 2 laps made them both up in roughly 8mins. Another flame out due to a very low idle down 2 laps again with a little over 8 mins. left of the main made them up in a little over 7 mins. the boys got skills. Mad props Pettit!!! Jeff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.