Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Noob with an XT8...Need some help/advice with this thing please! >

Noob with an XT8...Need some help/advice with this thing please!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Noob with an XT8...Need some help/advice with this thing please!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 12:43 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Reevo
Haha I know you're playin but I'm only a noob when it comes to Truggies...Not a noob to offroad RC'ing at all. Just got rid of a 5308 race Revo with $1500 into it and have a few Kyosho boats, buggies, MT's, etc. Yes I had trouble with the 3 shoe clutch because I'm used to 2 shoe. Anyways...here's the XT8 with motor and almost ready to run.

Reevo, Bro, try putting some tires on your new XT8. I am sure it would run better.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey king of lean these XT8's are known to run best without wheels/tires. I know its kinda weird but thats what I heard.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:41 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Sweet! R U gonna race?
Hell yea I am going to race this thing. It should be very dirty by the end of this weekend...AFTER I do the runin on the beast...OS .28.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:03 PM
Tech Regular

Old 11-06-2008, 01:01 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Go play with your truggy, and stop with the batman's....you do know batman was powered by a Jammin JPX .28 right?....lol
Old 11-06-2008, 03:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Go play with your truggy, and stop with the batman's....you do know batman was powered by a Jammin JPX .28 right?....lol
Sorry I've been driving my Kyosho speed boat today so I will continue the......Waitin on some brand new Proline MTR Bowties for my truggy so it won't be going anywhere til I get them. I have a set of LPR's with 1/2 tread but they aren't worthy of the XT8.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:54 PM
Tech Regular

Reevo, I have been racing 2 XT8s for a year now here in the Phils and I had (and continue to have) good results. I am currently using an OS Speed (from the favorite engine manufacturer of Jaz240 ) and this combination is really fast and dependable. My runtime during a race is around 10 mins, due to the lightness of the Xt8 and the efficiency of the Speed with a 9886 pipe. I bought also an OS 28xz to try out but sadly my laptimes were better with the .21 Speed (by around 2 seconds). My evaluation on this is that though the 28xz is more powerful than a Speed, having a consistent initial traction is better with the .21 than the .28 making me a little bit faster on the race track. And due to the smooth powerband of the Speed for a Truggy, I was able to consistently stay on the racing line thus giving me better laptimes. And in a 45 minutes main, the Speed afforded me 1 less pit time to fuel-up which is around 8-10 seconds savings.

I think if you can have the .28 modified and have it become smoother on the bottom, I feel it would have a chance to be better.

I hope this helps in anyway.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:11 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by King of Lean
Reevo, I have been racing 2 XT8s for a year now here in the Phils and I had (and continue to have) good results. I am currently using an OS Speed (from the favorite engine manufacturer of Jaz240 ) and this combination is really fast and dependable. My runtime during a race is around 10 mins, due to the lightness of the Xt8 and the efficiency of the Speed with a 9886 pipe. I bought also an OS 28xz to try out but sadly my laptimes were better with the .21 Speed (by around 2 seconds). My evaluation on this is that though the 28xz is more powerful than a Speed, having a consistent initial traction is better with the .21 than the .28 making me a little bit faster on the race track. And due to the smooth powerband of the Speed for a Truggy, I was able to consistently stay on the racing line thus giving me better laptimes. And in a 45 minutes main, the Speed afforded me 1 less pit time to fuel-up which is around 8-10 seconds savings.

I think if you can have the .28 modified and have it become smoother on the bottom, I feel it would have a chance to be better.

I hope this helps in anyway.
Yea man thanks a lot for the insight. Nice to hear from someone who has been racing and tried the motors I REALLY like. As I've said I only run OS motors. I've tried TRX motors and all sorts of stuff and the only true reliable and good motors that hold a tune and are consistent are OS engines. If I can get a good deal on a speed or regular vzb I might pick another one up. I like that idea of getting the .28 modded...I might do a stage 1 mod on if for runtime if I feel I need an extra minute or two in the mains. Thanks man.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:32 PM
Tech Regular

Here she is with a practice body and some black wheels...