Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated SC8 Setup and Tips

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 03:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by AsSc8
I went over mine when I got it and just gave everything about a 1/4 turn just to snug it up a little better but I didn't find anything loose at all. It really seemed to be put together pretty well. One thing I didn't like was all the decals weren't on very well but those have been thrashed on pretty heavily now. Ditch the remote glow starter and drill a hole and get a long glow plug igniter. Hanger 9 makes one which I think is the same as the dynamite ones just longer. Then all you have to do is go tear it up. Oh yeah I seem to keep breaking the front bumper mounts and the actual bumper itself. So just don't lawn dart the thing and you won't have to worry about that one. No other breakage though.
....kewl.....am going to get a long igniter and a bump box.........any other way to start nitro sux.....
Old 06-11-2009, 03:06 PM
Tech Master

is this http://www.thundertiger.com/product/9482.html the engine that comes with the SC8?????........
Old 06-12-2009, 05:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Finally got enough money to get a new motor. I just ordered the Team Orion US spec CRF.21. I can't wait to get that thing broke in and on the track! Any tips for break in, as this is the first time I spent big money on a motor? I normally go with the "run multiple tanks through it" method but heard about the heat/cooling method which might work better.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:02 AM
vhb
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by BackYardBasher
which airfilter set up would you run on a werks .21 or a LRP .28?
MotorSaver Buggy.
Old 06-14-2009, 12:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

All I can say is awesome!!!

I took it out and ran my new SC8 last night and all I can say is outstanding. I had an absolute blast. The truck ran like it had a TV on its shoulder and held up very well. I didn't thrash it too bad however took two nose dives trying to make the triple. It still walked away unscathed. I ran about a pint through it and feel I have a decent idea of the stock set up. I'm going to try to get most of the recommended mods, 17t clutch bell, BB shocks, diff fluid change, etc. making notes as I progress through these add ons.

I think it will be a cold day in hell before there is a class locally but that's not going to stop me from running this thing all the time. (They may "let" me run with the truggys". I did get quite a few looks and the ol' "I've been waiting to see one of these..." conversations.

This is a great truck and I think with the few well know mods will be an outstanding truck.

I'm hooked with no rehab in my future.
Old 06-14-2009, 06:10 PM
Tech Initiate

More fun than any other RC car I have ever had........SC8's rule!!!
Old 06-14-2009, 08:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

YO! if your in the San Diego area a local SC8 clan has a few private tracks set up just for these trucks! we would love to have more SC8s out here bashin

Originally Posted by GSMike
All I can say is awesome!!!

I took it out and ran my new SC8 last night and all I can say is outstanding. I had an absolute blast. The truck ran like it had a TV on its shoulder and held up very well. I didn't thrash it too bad however took two nose dives trying to make the triple. It still walked away unscathed. I ran about a pint through it and feel I have a decent idea of the stock set up. I'm going to try to get most of the recommended mods, 17t clutch bell, BB shocks, diff fluid change, etc. making notes as I progress through these add ons.

I think it will be a cold day in hell before there is a class locally but that's not going to stop me from running this thing all the time. (They may "let" me run with the truggys". I did get quite a few looks and the ol' "I've been waiting to see one of these..." conversations.

This is a great truck and I think with the few well know mods will be an outstanding truck.

I'm hooked with no rehab in my future.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rickm
More fun than any other RC car I have ever had........SC8's rule!!!
..CANT FRICKIN STAND IT.....mine should be waiting on my workbench tomorrow after work......if the ole lady brings it in off the porch......she asked me what are you getting now by UPS that weighs 22 lbs????........my response.....
Old 06-15-2009, 01:00 PM
Tech Regular

Default Got Mine!

It's sitting under my desk at work! I'll take it home and go over it!
should be runnng soon.

I'm going to run it for a while stock, then make changes. I have already have some stuff from a truggy that I finally completed after a couple of years; diff oil 3000, 5000, 7000 and 10,000.; a nova rossi 21/jp3 pipe and 200oz servos that I might switch over.

I'll run them both then make the decisions! as you can see I'm haven't been in a hurry, but... now i'm getting excited again.
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated SC8 Setup and Tips-sc5.jpg   Team Associated SC8 Setup and Tips-sc4.jpg  

Last edited by nagatahawk; 06-17-2009 at 03:40 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 02:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default My SC8e

My Steve Sourapas Inspired SC8[ATTACH]Team Associated SC8 Setup and Tips-picture-009.jpg[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated SC8 Setup and Tips-picture-007.jpg  
Old 06-15-2009, 06:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Good looking Body

My Truck should be here in the next couple days. I can't wait!!!!

I've been on-line looking at all the Videos, Reviews, Set-ups and Hop-ups.

I've done the waiting game with parts for my Nissan Xterra and I couldn't stand it. When Santa showed up at my house with his Summer Browns with my Parts it was worth the wait.

Right now it will have the Red Bull body but I'll be working on a Caterpillar body in the future.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

[QUOTE=r450racer;5940880]My Steve Sourapas Inspired SC8[ATTACH]Attachment 465358[/ATTACH][/QUOTE

Nice! Where did you get the stickers?
Old 06-15-2009, 08:46 PM
Tech Master

Associated is offering a FREE Electric conversion kit for SC8's purchased in June.looks like i'm getting a FREE conversion that will go up on Ebay to put towards a stupid fast motor.......... http://67.199.85.166/misc/offer_80930.htm
Old 06-15-2009, 09:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

couple of pictures -
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated SC8 Setup and Tips-sc8.jpg   Team Associated SC8 Setup and Tips-sc8-racing_1.jpg   Team Associated SC8 Setup and Tips-sc8-racing_3.jpg  
Old 06-16-2009, 12:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

[QUOTE=AsSc8;5941426]
Originally Posted by r450racer
My Steve Sourapas Inspired SC8[ATTACH]Attachment 465358[/ATTACH][/QUOTE

Nice! Where did you get the stickers?
I airbrushed the blue and yellow designs on the body with a vinyl template I created. The Corona logos, #6s, and small logos were home made, except for the grill and fans that came with the body.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.