Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Xray 808, Losi 8ight 2.0, or Mugen MBX6? >

Xray 808, Losi 8ight 2.0, or Mugen MBX6?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Xray 808, Losi 8ight 2.0, or Mugen MBX6?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 11:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Tough choice.....

Alot of racers get the Mugen, It's a great buggy, no doubt, and the Losi, it's a fast buggy, well designed, even copied by other companies, but,,,,,,,,,

The 808 is the easiest to work on and maintain, parts are top quality, it's light, turns great, jumps perfect, finishes races, I've been racing my 808 for 3 years and never had a DNF once due to the car. Seriously......

I replace the bearings every 5-6 race days, all the bearings. I race in Loamy dirt with a bit of sand, just enough to do some grinding, and I've not lost a bearing. I had one seal come off and the gears made it look like MMMMMMM, that. Gears were fine. It's the little things in an Xray. the shock cap bushings last forever, no slop, the parts have no sharp edges, so when your cleaning and servicing the car you don't grind off your fingers.

To be fair other racers have great luck with the Losi and Mugen.....
Old 07-11-2010, 03:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

When i was trying to pick a buggy it came down to a mugen or an xray. I went back and forth for a while om which one to get. I ended up with a xray because i like the fact that i could talk with the team drivers on their web site and the had a ton of set up sheet already post so i could easily find something to help me get in the right area with my set up. But really if i would have went with the mugen i don't think i would have regretted it, both are great and will be great racers. Dont let people tell you any car is indestructible, all cars break. But all of the cars your looking at do have top notch parts.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

One of the reason I bought a XRAY 808 is because the nearest hobby shop is almost 1000 miles away! I need a buggy that is durable and easy to maintain, initially I looked at the MBX6 but it was priced HIGHER than the 808 by almost USD100! So I bought the 808 and never looked back, quality of the parts is phenomenal, you have to see it to believe it.

On the pinion bearings issue, I clean them often and replace worn bearings with AVID, no biggie here. Most people complained about the pinion bearings but that's probably the only complaint! If you maintain your rides religiously then 808 is a damn solid car! The next version will sure make a killing out there...
Old 07-11-2010, 09:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

How many of you are running truggy as well as buggies?? Is the XT8 as good as the X-Ray buggy??

I will be running both Bug/Trug and want to run the same manufacture...would you lean more to Mugen or Losi for a better handling Truggy??? Thanks!
Old 07-11-2010, 10:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WhiteFoxAz
How many of you are running truggy as well as buggies?? Is the XT8 as good as the X-Ray buggy??

I will be running both Bug/Trug and want to run the same manufacture...would you lean more to Mugen or Losi for a better handling Truggy??? Thanks!
Part breakage is non-existent with the XT8 And if you own the 808 than the XT8 is for you IMO. I have only ran the Losi 1.0 and MBx5 truggies so I cannot comment on those
Old 07-12-2010, 04:40 AM
Tech Regular

The losi is best in my opinion. I have the buggy and the truggy. Both are extremely tough trucks. Last saturday I was racing the truggy and over shot the jump and did cartwheels for probably 20 feet and not one single part was broken.