Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Xray 808, Losi 8ight 2.0, or Mugen MBX6? >

Xray 808, Losi 8ight 2.0, or Mugen MBX6?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Xray 808, Losi 8ight 2.0, or Mugen MBX6?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 06:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I would say stick to a major company or company who has excellent cust. support and parts availability. It's also great to be racing something that the Factory pilots are on line answering questions you may have.

Losi, Mugen, Kyosho, AE, to name a few. Here is the shop I happen to use. You can use it to purchase or check out prices and information. has them all laid out there for you

http://www.carolinasrc.com/Webstore/...idCategory=467
Old 10-28-2008, 06:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

If you are looking for a dependable, fast and very stable buggy try the HB D8.
I have had mine since the release of them and not had one problem you do not have to buy a high priced buggy to be fast. I went from a losi 8 and noticed that the D8 does not pull as hard down the straight away.You might have to do more tear downs with the losi 8 and that can be very frustraighting after awhile. Besides that they are both nice cars I only paid 350 out the door for mine.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:40 AM

were yet to see a d8 finish a race at our track yet

3 races 3 dnf 's which is a shame as it is a nicely priced car,

i sold my 808 for a mbx6 and it was the best thing ive done, i used to run mugen's a while ago, 1 race day on the 6 and my lap times are faster, my consistency is better and my average is better. what more can you ask for
and as previously mentioned the 6 comes ready to tune out of the box instead of having to buy the pin blocks like on the 808 which cost £40 each!!

imo the 808 or the mbx6 will serve you well not run a losi so cant comment on that
Old 10-28-2008, 07:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

there were 2 D8's at a race i went to last weekend, and one broke twice and the other finished 3rd. the one that broke was a smooth driver....im pretty shure it wouldnt take my driving very well.....
.......i ran a 8 1.0 for just over a year and really liked it but it was a bit twitchy......i just got my 2.0 last friday ran it straight out of the box and it handled noticably better then the 1.0 just way more stable...
....i know ppl. talk smack about the durability of the 8, they may wear slightly quick but they rarely break.......i have had some hard hits to my car and was shure it was done and it comes through for me.......hits i dont think the D8 would come close to taking........JMO
Old 10-28-2008, 11:29 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I think you can win with any of the cars on your list, but I will tell you from expierince, that the 808 is by far the best buggy I have ever owned, but all things considered. The thing that has made me a lifelong driver of Xray, is the customer service I got from RC america. They are just awesome! Replaced 1 defective part before I returned the bad one! always making sure my satisfaction comes first. To me that's the most immportant thing. I'm glad I chose Xray, as I was in your position a few months ago. I have driven a few different buggies, and chose Xray for Quality, jumpng, set-up options, price, and handling. But once I got a taste of the service, I was hooked!
Old 10-28-2008, 01:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Man, how many of these threads do we really need? MLB has 2 of them all by himself. Maybe the mods can just copy and paste all of the info from the multiple "Which Buggy" threads into one and sticky it, LOL. I think you should buy one of each, they're all good buggies. After you decide which one you like best, sell the other two to me at $0.50 on the dollar.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Cool xray xt8 & xb8ec

Just found xray to be the best just got the xt8 and the xb8ec man it is the best.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ===
Old 10-28-2008, 03:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Having had an MBX5R I would say the new MBX6 is well worth considering if it is anything like the 5R it will be bullet proof. I have just changed to the Xray 808 and the quality of the kit is very similar to Mugen and would expect it to be as durable as the Mugen. One thing I will say and tjis is the reason I have switched to Xray is the support from the manufacturer. Xray have their own website with lots of set up tips and all the help you could possibly need + most of the advice comes from Xrays own drivers so they know what they are talking about. Mugen give little or no support take a look at their web site check out the setups section to see what I mean. You can get info and advice from forums like this but Xray make a point of being helpful even the boss (Mr. Hudy) will answer questions on their web site ,you can't beat that!
Old 10-28-2008, 04:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

That is a good point old but fast, Xray does have better support than any other manufacturer. Mugen's site is worst! I've only ever run Xray so I can't really comment on owning any of the other cars.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

If I was looking right now I might have made a different decision. But I went 808 and I have to say, there is NOTHING right now that is enough to make me trade it for anything.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

MBX6!!!! Cuz I just ordered one and I'm the best! I'm kidding of course...so glad I cancelled the D8 order in time.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

People are really saying alot of good things about the 8ight 2.0. Car is supposed to turn on a dime.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:26 PM
Tech Master

I spent several tanks driving a 6 with some other drivers random set-up last week & it felt almost like my 808. I would get the 808 myself but so far I have only seen 1 poster in this thread that has no clue what he's talking about but other than poor bitter person all the others are pretty much on spot. Coming from some one that has owned all the major buggys & truggys except the offroad K cars that were for sale untill 3 months ago,I say 808 or mugen will do you equal. Before the 808 my favorite car, & the one I went back to between running the other brands was the MBX5R & to be what, the eighth guy to say so the company I will never buy another car from is losi though I have not driven the 2.0 but have no desire to revisit that experience.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tex1
The 808 is one of the best quality cars out there. You do need to do a little work in the center of the drive train to keep the drive shafts from bottoming out in the center drive cups. Otherwise, this car is as strong as any out there. Bearings are bearings. In 1/8th gas racing you will always do the same maint if you want to keep the level of performance up.
The Xray and Losi plastics are very durable and are the top of the charts in this class of cars.
The Mugen MBX6 is top notch as well. The plastics seen to have the usual first run issues that I'm sure will be dialed out.
All of these cars handle wonderfully and are adjustable to the stars. Just driving kit setups does not quantify how good a car can be.

Pound for pound the MBX6 is the best bang for the buck straight out of the box! It has the nice motor mount and adjustable pill block set in the kit that the other two does not have. The gear ratios have been optimized to make this car the most complete for the money. LHS in the Dallas area has them about $25 to $50 cheaper than the Losi and the 808.

I love my 808 but that Mugen and the 2.0 8ight both look mighty good for their own reasons.

Good luck and let us know what you decide.
TEX
xray says clean and repack the bearings after every raceday, wow no thanks!
Old 10-29-2008, 01:26 PM
Tech Rookie

That's what I mean allan42r Xray always give great support and helpfull advise.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.