Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Adam Drake talks about the new 8ight 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Going through my new roller...couple of things...

Why are the rear suspension arms so sloppy and able to shift significantly on the pins front to rear? Any reason for this; or just an oversight? I'll likely stick a couple of nylon washers in there to take up the slack.

Only thing so far with the roller is that my front and rear diff units were "swapped" oil wise.
Old 11-12-2008, 01:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

With the 8ight T on blowout prices right now from just about everyone I would bet there is a new updated T in the works.

I'm about to pick an 8T up for $419 and that’s a steal if you ask me even if they update it. I'll just buy the new parts when the old ones wear out. I plan on doing the same to my 8ight that I just bought at the beginning of the race season. Maybe the longer chassis will help my stability problem. My buggy feels like its riding above the dirt and is very squirrelly... I'm running the roller setup and I just can't keep it planted. Maybe it because I like to hammer on the throttle too much. My Monster Truck racing habits tend to carry over.

>>>P.S. you can pick up a 8ight kit for $350 for anyone wanting to get into buggy racing at an affordable price.<<<<
Old 11-12-2008, 05:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
No kit.........buy the roller...its worth every penny imo.
If everything is square out the box, yea but my front diff was leaking out the front gearbox and down the front of the chassis. So i had to tear the front diff out refill it and put a new gasket in there before I could even think about running it! Do yourself a favor and check all your diffs, my oils felt the same front, center, and rear. The diff screws were not that tight either. I would prefer to build it from the ground up when Im shelling out $500+ for a kit.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks again Adam engine ran great sunday.
Old 11-12-2008, 07:31 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aaron joy
If everything is square out the box, yea but my front diff was leaking out the front gearbox and down the front of the chassis. So i had to tear the front diff out refill it and put a new gasket in there before I could even think about running it! Do yourself a favor and check all your diffs, my oils felt the same front, center, and rear. The diff screws were not that tight either. I would prefer to build it from the ground up when Im shelling out $500+ for a kit.

i would never trust myself to run a Roller out of the box without a check over PERIOD....so kit roller w/e dosent matter to me...it all gets taken apart eventually.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:09 AM
Tech Adept

TIX- No, you don't need the o-rings.

bustedpiecesrc- What engine, fuel and buggy are you running?

NitroOB4You- At this time we have no plans for an 8ight 2.0 kit.

donut92673- Great!
Old 11-12-2008, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Thx Adam for the straight and to the point answer, and for not trying to suggest otherwise. I do hope plans change though I tend to be one who is very anal in how I build and things I do when I'm doing so.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:56 AM
Tech Adept

Hello mr Drake. I've got two questions

Sorry if this was asked before but at my place its half past midnight and i don't have the courage to read through 7 pages of text

So will there be a conversion kit to convert the 8ight to an 8ight 2.0?

and secondly may i have an autograph?
Old 11-12-2008, 12:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Im running an 8ight and its and rb ws7 with odonnell 30%, i know its not the the motor you run but maybe its just the way im tuning it, i dont know i just need a few pointer on whats going on, it starts up and seems to be a little fat at first but runs fine for about 3 minutes and then it starts to bog down when coming out of the corners, ive tried to about everything i can think of but still i dont know what else to do.... tell me what im doing wrong. Thanks
Old 11-12-2008, 01:38 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by bustedpiecesrc
Im running an 8ight and its and rb ws7 with odonnell 30%, i know its not the the motor you run but maybe its just the way im tuning it, i dont know i just need a few pointer on whats going on, it starts up and seems to be a little fat at first but runs fine for about 3 minutes and then it starts to bog down when coming out of the corners, ive tried to about everything i can think of but still i dont know what else to do.... tell me what im doing wrong. Thanks

boggy outta the corner's after its warm is Lean on the bottom.

and Fluke Look at adam's response two above your's
Old 11-12-2008, 02:17 PM
Tech Adept

and Fluke Look at adam's response two above your's
Thanks

now i kinda feel stupid

need sleep
Old 11-12-2008, 04:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Ok, but when it finally takes off its got a ton of smoke out of the pipe, is it to rich on the top then? and im trying to get more run time only getting about 7 min out of a tank and at 260 deg.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Matt...

you should come by one night and lets wrench and put a set up on the new roller. I have a setup(via adam) that may be great for someone not wanting a real aggresive ride.

Guys, I got the chance to go out to Cali for a few days and hang out with Adam, Mike and the rest of the team. We hit a couple different tracks and I got the chance to see the "local level" talent that exist in So Cal. I had a great time. Although many will never get to see the behind the scenes work ethic of Losi and the dedication put into the product so many use, I can tell you it is much more than what one can imagine. Personally I was amazed! Losi has a very strong grasp in the so cal area(one of/if not the fastest group of racers in the world) and the new car is very competitive out of the box. At revelations on Thursday night I noticed just regular guys who were running the 2.0 and doing well and happy with the car and support offered by Losi. With over 60 racers for a practice night it made for a fun night on a fast track! Once at the Sidewinder race I sat back and watched as the days unfolded. Starting with the pro ranks going down to the sportsman drivers the 2.0/8t was very competitive and showing it's speed even in the hands of regular guys. It was a very educational trip for me and I hope I can better help guys understand why this is such a great product to support!
Old 11-12-2008, 04:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Thanks Alan, shot you a PM.

You coming to Wilsonville this w/e?
Old 11-12-2008, 04:59 PM
Tech Lord

Product support for Horizon is Second to None.....i found a couple quirks with my new 2.0 kit and without hesitation they are sending me out some new parts....Im a losi guy for LIFE.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.