sorry to do this

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

sorry to do this

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

hara runs for os, i would be surprised if it wasnt a speed mill with a 5.5 restrictor.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by D8
WAKE UP DUDE!!!!
very helpfull as always.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by D8
WAKE UP DUDE!!!!

WHO PUT A QUARTER IN YOU DUDE!!! if your not going to be any help don't post... the reason i said this is because a Speed has a weighted crank to make it smooth for low traction situations, if you have lots of traction and you can put the power down your going to be better off with a more explosive motor than a speed. i have a Speed, Ninja .21, and a C6 that I use and in LOW traction situations the Speed shines in high traction situations the speed is just too mild on bottom. JMO, at least im being helpfull to this guy D8, just keep up with the cute replies and you will be liked around here...
Old 09-24-2008, 10:46 AM
Suspended

Talking

EENIE, MEENIE, MIENIE, MO..............................
Old 09-24-2008, 11:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

+1 os speed or V spec
Old 09-24-2008, 12:25 PM
Tech Elite

Team orion crf
Old 09-24-2008, 12:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Smile

I love these threads... LOL

I have had two OS speeds and a few RB C6's, as well as the RB WS72 and WS73 L2G.

Couple thoughts...
- My RBs last the longest, and I've never had "a bad one".
- The power band of the WS73 motor is smooth with tons of top end.
- My C6BBT motors have the most RAW power of any motor I've ever driven, and will work best on high traction tracks. This motor makes gobbs of power top-bottom.
- I had one OS speed that never ran right, and caused major trouble for me at the US Nationals. (basically ruined my week) But the second one I got was good, and I now use it for big races.

For the money/performance ratio, I have to give the RB WS73 my vote. I wont comment on run time because any motor can be tuned and restricted to get the desired results. Not too many places run 10 min quals so this shouldn't be an issue, but I normally get 9 minutes from my WS73's using the 7mm insert.

One other motor you should consider is the new Mugen JX21 (5-port OS based motor, very similar to the Speed/V-Spec) Ive heard so much good news about this motor, it will be my next purchase, and its priced very reasonable at $335.

Here is one on sale right now..
http://www.airlandhobbies.com/catalo...2272868718.htm

JMO
Old 09-24-2008, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Inside_Line

I have had two OS speeds and a few RB C6's, as well as the RB WS72 and WS73 L2G.

Couple thoughts...
- My C6BBT motors have the most RAW power of any motor I've ever driven, and will work best on high traction tracks. This motor makes gobbs of power top-bottom.
- I had one OS speed that never ran right, and caused major trouble for me at the US Nationals. (basically ruined my week) But the second one I got was good, and I now use it for big races.

For the money/performance ratio, I have to give the RB WS73 my vote. I wont comment on run time because any motor can be tuned and restricted to get the desired results. Not too many places run 10 min quals so this shouldn't be an issue, but I normally get 9 minutes from my WS73's using the 7mm insert.

One other motor you should consider is the new Mugen JX21 (5-port OS based motor, very similar to the Speed/V-Spec) Ive heard so much good news about this motor, it will be my next purchase, and its priced very reasonable at $335.

JMO

Just the type of reply i was after,

and your right i hate these threads as well hence why i apologised in advance when my speed was bad it cost me as well the only round in my summer series that is below 93 points (max is 100) in fact it got me a whopping 83 and that looks like its cost me a podium place at the end of the season
Old 09-24-2008, 12:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Inside_Line

Couple thoughts...

JMO
Hmm that is some good info there! I have also seen about 4 references to the new motor under the Mugen brand, I had assumed it was another GRP based release not O.S. Hearing so much talk about it though I will keep an eye out for news about that motor myself.

And Mega, good to know that even after a negative experience you had with your first speed you are sensible enough to go off of overall trust of the brand and performance in general, people tend to get rebellious against the product no matter what after a situation like that.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:55 PM
Tech Regular

What issues are you having with your Speed? I have one and im having a TON of issues with air leaks, and all my other motors run fine in the truck so im certain its the motor. I don't want to get it full of 1211, and I think that when i buy a $500 motor i should not have to do the 1211 trick.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Make sure the air leak is not the fuel tank, fuel line or fuel filter.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:14 PM
Tech Regular

Reread my post, I said all my other motors run fine in the same truck.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 163 (100%+)

i had 10 fuel tanks replaced on my rc8, had all kinds of running issue with engines, till i replaced the tank with a tank from xray, then the issues went away with the engines
Old 09-24-2008, 01:22 PM
Tech Master

Got a RB WS7 L2G and it's great. Very easy to tune, i've been getting 10mins on a tank now with the stock restrictor (and the fuel limit not being anywhere near to max when it's in scrutineering). The engine has had 3 gallons on it with still plenty of compression. Goes around the track with a nice smoke trail (i don't tune by temp, just by sound, amount of smoke and on track performance) and it goes really well.

Wouldn't mind trying a OS but all the stories i've heard kind of put me off. Orion looks decent but i haven't seen anyone that isn't a team driver use one so you would naturally get a biased opinion of usually 'it's the best'.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:53 PM
Tech Adept

Hey Brian - my gut reacion at the mo would be the CRF.
I have had a growing fondness for Piccos this last few years and the CRF is P7R with bells on there.
Head attatched I have to fancy the Speed - despite your bad experience I hear fewer unhappy stories about this than most other mills out there.
Nothing wrong with the RB but I know you like something a little different.

Pete

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.