Wiki Posts
Search

8IGHT 2.0!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 11:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Losi-Runner
well guys look like its official, losi is comin out wit a race roller and the news suppose to b on their site on the 25th. just hopin they come out wit a service pack after the race roller cus i cant c myself buyin another buggy.
The thing is if they don't offer an upgrade service pack, and are forcing you to purchase a new buggy, well you will have to decide if you still want to run a losi.

Since the price would be the same as other buggy manufactures now would be the time to switch.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:54 AM
Tech Lord

I doubt they would force us to buy a whole new kit.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

They are not going to force you to buy the whole new kit but it may be cheaper to buy the kit rather than buy parts, but some parts IMO may be a want and not a need. Also upon looking at the buggy most parts seem to be the same so there is no reason these parts wont bolt on to the current 8ight. JMO Ohh BTW Losi's site was just updated and says to return on the 25th for information on the new race roller that TQ'd worlds.

Last edited by CaLaBeR; 09-22-2008 at 12:15 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

No one says you HAVE to buy it. Why not run your current set up for a while. Then try the upgrades when it's convenient for you. Or wait to see how others like the newest parts and decide from there.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I saw the rr at the worlds this weekend. A lot of the changes are stuff that most of us are probably already using (no pop balls, m2c style strengthened hinge pins, etc.). I'm sure the service pack (if made available) be good, but think many of us will prefer to just buy individual parts.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:42 PM
Tech Master

I think it will be interesting to see what the price point is on this item. Since the new Hotbodies buggy is much more affordable!

Actually I wonder if the HotBodies buggy will start bringing down all prices. With the hobby heating up and manufactures selling more items, it's possible they might drop the price..

But I doubt they would..
Old 09-22-2008, 12:44 PM

http://www.piraterc.com/modules.php?...rder=0&thold=0
Old 09-22-2008, 12:57 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by air8
No one says you HAVE to buy it. Why not run your current set up for a while. Then try the upgrades when it's convenient for you. Or wait to see how others like the newest parts and decide from there.
that is what I was saying, the parts for the most part look to be interchangable so you are not forced to get anything, but if all these upgrades are on the car, it may be cheaper to buy a new kit is all im saying and use your current buggy as parts if you were to do ALL the upgrades...
Old 09-22-2008, 01:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shurcooL
Which section specifically are you referring to?
All of it! Education is priceless. Seriously, there are several sections to the small write up that will answer the question about titanium screws.

Edit: Btw, the Worlds are over, any news of the 2.0? Or is the announcement supposed to be on the 25th? Or 24th?
Supposed to be the 25th. Sign up for the newsletter if you haven't already.

Do you guys think Losi are happy with 2nd place? Lol.
It sure beats getting third! hehe. Losi got a LOT of attention. There's always 2010 for a win.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Whats next?

Next thing you know truggy will be servicepacked to 8ight-t-3.0.Buy the time the next world championship...it will be called the 9ine-buggy truggy.Its nice to see they are revising the current machines but when the current flex chassis is out and know ''The 2.0'' roller it gets a little silly.Seems like they pushed the buggy out the door a lil early.Im just glad I only bought the rtr buggy.Curious to see how much this upgrade will cost for the buggy.Considering prices are starting to drop on most machines.Who knows we might be able to buy the parts seperate or be forced to buy the whole machine....
Old 09-22-2008, 03:52 PM
Tech Regular

OOPPS double post...
Old 09-22-2008, 03:55 PM
Tech Regular

How would you be forced its not like they won't have a parts supply there not going to make you buy a new kit if you break a A Arm or bend a shock tower? You can buy parts for ANY vehicle sepretly and the parts for the most part are interchangable..... Ohh and the 8ight buggy has been out for 2 years so how can you say that it was brought out early? This 8ight 2.0 is a revised 8ight with all the parts that break or are not up to par are revised, you as a Losi owner should be happy because most parts will be cheaper than aftermarket alternatives.. JMO Not trying to offend you but it seems you have overlooked the last page of info...
Old 09-22-2008, 04:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

this is dissapointing i was just going to buy a 8ight but now that they are coming out with a new one i have to wait and this money is burning a hole in my pocket
Old 09-22-2008, 05:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

i can sell you a nice condition used one that you can convert once the new one is out. PM me if interested
Old 09-22-2008, 05:53 PM
Tech Adept

well if they come out wit a service pack i know i'll b gettin one cus its gona b cheaper then payin for a whole buggy. but then again we will prolly see ppl on ebay part out the roller and i'll save money n buy all the updated parts serparately

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.