Search

Bowfighters Theory

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 10:04 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bobbyblaze
i really like to come up there and race and you guys but i need a pit guy
One thing I know for sure about this hobby, is you can always find a Pit guy! So many people at any track always willing to help a brother out. Everyone can't run the same class, so there's always people free
Old 09-19-2008, 10:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
One thing I know for sure about this hobby, is you can always find a Pit guy! So many people at any track always willing to help a brother out. Everyone can't run the same class, so there's always people free
you are so right, most people at the track are more then happy to pit for you.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:06 PM
Tech Regular

If anyone cares to see what a Crime Fighters/ Bow Ties setup looks like on a buggy, I was bored and took some pics of my new tires and rims..

Old 09-24-2008, 03:09 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

you cant really see much...try shooting outside with some good lighting.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:11 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Integra
you cant really see much...try shooting outside with some good lighting.
LOL, my cell phone camera doesn't work good, and my POS old 3.2mp camera doesn't do much better... I really need a new camera, maybe something that's not 5 years old lol..
Old 09-24-2008, 11:10 PM
Tech Lord

I think we are OK without the pics. Thanks for giving it a go though, I'm gonna bet the rear tires look like Bowties, and the front look like Crimefighters. I'm pretty sure everyone knows what's being discussed, but you never know! We all like to see pics, Nice ride by the way! I love Ofna products
Old 09-25-2008, 11:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

i used this combo at our last trophy race did better than i usually do our track is loam based and it started out packed but as the day progressed it got tore up did seem to matter to the tire combo will be using it again! i tried crims/boas and it slid everywhere of course the boas were a little bit worn so that might have been the issue!!
Old 09-25-2008, 01:14 PM
Tech Lord

I'm hearing lots of positive feedback about the new AKA tires. People seem to like em even better, I don't remember off hand the combo that they are using, but so far I read that everyone that has tried them say they hook up even better than the Bowfighters, and also that the Inserts are much better, and supposedly last forever! (Inserts, not tyres) I think I may have to give them a try. I have also heard that because of the everlasting materials that the inserts are made of, people actually remove them when the tires are shot, and re-use the inserts on a new set. That's pretty cool, not having to throw away your tires every time the inserts turn to dust! That alone would make them invaluable, as in my case, the inserts usually get shot, long before the tire
Old 09-25-2008, 02:09 PM
Tech Regular

I think we are OK without the pics. Thanks for giving it a go though, I'm gonna bet the rear tires look like Bowties, and the front look like Crimefighters. I'm pretty sure everyone knows what's being discussed, but you never know! We all like to see pics, Nice ride by the way! I love Ofna products
Thanks, I was hoping the pic would show the differences between the treads..
Hopefully I will make it to the track Sunday to test 'er out if I get her broken in.. Though with school it doesn't look like I'll have time before exams..
Old 09-25-2008, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bobbyblaze
i really like to come up there and race and you guys but i need a pit guy
we can figure that out no problem.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:34 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by ryanroma
Thanks, I was hoping the pic would show the differences between the treads..
Hopefully I will make it to the track Sunday to test 'er out if I get her broken in.. Though with school it doesn't look like I'll have time before exams..

Pay attention to the exams, your LX will be still be there after you ace the tests.

Good Luck!,.....I WANT ALL A'S MISTER!!, lol
Old 09-27-2008, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

bowfighters are awesome to put on in a pinch.. they seem to take my car to the next level.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:07 AM
Tech Adept

I'm hearing lots of positive feedback about the new AKA tires. People seem to like em even better, I don't remember off hand the combo that they are using, but so far I read that everyone that has tried them say they hook up even better than the Bowfighters, and also that the Inserts are much better, and supposedly last forever! (Inserts, not tyres) I think I may have to give them a try. I have also heard that because of the everlasting materials that the inserts are made of, people actually remove them when the tires are shot, and re-use the inserts on a new set. That's pretty cool, not having to throw away your tires every time the inserts turn to dust! That alone would make them invaluable, as in my case, the inserts usually get shot, long before the tire
Yes, the new AKA's are amazing! The best combo I think is the CityBeam. City Blocks up front and I beams in the back. Works great!
Old 09-27-2008, 11:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

i have not had any of the aka tires yet.. i guess i will have to break down and buy some