Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bowfighters Theory

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 10:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

lets say your poor ...lol.. is this set up a good way to purchase a set of tires for your 1st and only set for a while ? or somthing more general purpose be a better choice?
Old 09-17-2008, 11:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Jaz240;4836124]
Originally Posted by imaxx21
works great

bow-ties offer better forward bite (use them in the rear)
crime fighters steer better (use them in front)[/QUOTE

+1 that's the truth of it, but it only works well on watered down hard packed blue groove tracks. If the surface is loomy, or loose, you need something that digs deeper. At the Nitro Pit here in AZ, most of us practice with Knuckles, or badlands, and Race with the Bowfighters after the watering starts
Uuuuhhh... i don't really agree. The combo is used a lot to pull traction for run ups to jumps after tight corners as well as increase steering - in looser track conditions. Blue groove is plenty grippy enough so i would say it works there predominantly as it looses a little grip on the rear end and secondly adds a little forward bite.

Bowfighters are in regular use out here in SoCal and as a rule they are not blue groove tracks.

Would be interesting to know who first started using bowties and where... my impression was pros at Thunder Alley, i really don't know for sure though.
Old 09-18-2008, 04:25 AM
Tech Master

[QUOTE=Jaz240;4836124]
Originally Posted by imaxx21
works great

bow-ties offer better forward bite (use them in the rear)
crime fighters steer better (use them in front)[/QUOTE

+1 that's the truth of it, but it only works well on watered down hard packed blue groove tracks. If the surface is loomy, or loose, you need something that digs deeper. At the Nitro Pit here in AZ, most of us practice with Knuckles, or badlands, and Race with the Bowfighters after the watering starts
since you mention Badlands ......do anybody have race with them and how are they i have thought about trying some on my revo but i sometime see them on truggies
Old 09-18-2008, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Originally Posted by BigAlz
lets say your poor ...lol.. is this set up a good way to purchase a set of tires for your 1st and only set for a while ? or somthing more general purpose be a better choice?
Get a set of Werks Lugs. Decent "all around" tire that lasts MUCH longer than most. Not as much traction as the ProLine tires, but not bad.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:30 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

[QUOTE=bobbyblaze;4851243][QUOTE=Jaz240;4836124]

since you mention Badlands ......do anybody have race with them and how are they i have thought about trying some on my revo but i sometime see them on truggies[/QUOTE

They are not really racing tires. They are very heavy, and you lose some Steering. They will pull you around in almost any condition, but I would not race with them
Old 09-19-2008, 06:41 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by wes95_z28
Ladies and Gentlemen, it is called Crimeties. NOT bowfighters.
same difference.
it's easier to sound like an expert if you don't have a shelfqueen as your avatar
Old 09-19-2008, 06:45 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jaz240

Uuuuhhh... i don't really agree. The combo is used a lot to pull traction for run ups to jumps after tight corners as well as increase steering - in looser track conditions. Blue groove is plenty grippy enough so i would say it works there predominantly as it looses a little grip on the rear end and secondly adds a little forward bite.

Bowfighters are in regular use out here in SoCal and as a rule they are not blue groove tracks.
Just goes to prove that there isn't any "pat" answer, no one tire option or combo works everywhere all the time.
Old 09-19-2008, 07:47 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Has any body tried a panther gator rear with a crimefrighter front?
Old 09-19-2008, 08:47 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by cracka
same difference.
it's easier to sound like an expert if you don't have a shelfqueen as your avatar

Just so we are all clear. It is not called crimeties. The rear tire takes the first part of the name, since that is where the main traction is coming from. It is now and always will be called Bowfighters. If you say crimeties that would refer to crimefighters on the rear, and bowties on the front, which in most cases will just have your buggy doing 360's
Old 09-19-2008, 09:29 AM
Suspended

Just so we are all clear. It is not called crimeties. The rear tire takes the first part of the name, since that is where the main traction is coming from. It is now and always will be called Bowfighters. If you say crimeties that would refer to crimefighters on the rear, and bowties on the front, which in most cases will just have your buggy doing 360's
That's just dumb.
By the same token the name could be taken from the front tires first because they are on the front of the vehicle.
Doesn't make any difference either way, it's still a made up name.
Old 09-19-2008, 09:54 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by cracka
That's just dumb.
By the same token the name could be taken from the front tires first because they are on the front of the vehicle.
Doesn't make any difference either way, it's still a made up name.
I agree 100%, it's all very dumb! The truth is, if you are at a track and ask someone what tires they are racing with, they will not say crimeties, or bowfighters, they will tell you they run Bowties in the rear and Crimefighters up front, so the whole thing is just stupid
Old 09-19-2008, 10:52 AM
Tech Master

shaking head @ bowfighter or crimeties doesn't matter...... just info or help on what ever suits the purpose but the "BOWFIGHTER theory "really works good i tried them on 3 different surface ...it hooks up and the steering i can't explain...thanks for the info guys
Old 09-19-2008, 01:37 PM
Tech Addict

If you say crimeties that would refer to crimefighters on the rear, and bowties on the front, which in most cases will just have your buggy doing 360's
Crimes on the front for grip and bows on the back for forward traction and allowing the back to rotate seems to be the overall opinion, what you say there goes against that. With the general theory surely it would be more of a case of a loss of on power steering?

I ran with crimeties on a track recently when a track rutted up crazy time. I didn't have time to change to thicker front diff oil, bowties gave a little more pull on the front end so the car was pulling a little more through rutted bits rather than being pushed... it wasn't hugely noticable until an uphill part that got bombed out, picked up a little speed there without flipping out. Also the bows didn't seem to dig into ruts so much and spent less time playing bycicle.

As Cracka said, there is no pat answer...

Jazz... yeah, at our tracks people refer to the combo as bowfighters all the time and regular racers know exactly what it means.
Old 09-19-2008, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Bobby I ran bowties on the back and Crimefighters on the front of my MBX5T at Battlefield and it worked great.
Old 09-19-2008, 09:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Flying Monkey
Bobby I ran bowties on the back and Crimefighters on the front of my MBX5T at Battlefield and it worked great.
i really like to come up there and race and you guys but i need a pit guy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.