Best .21 engine

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best .21 engine

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 09:30 AM
Tech Addict

Sirio engines rock, carbs are hit and miss though.

I personally like OS Vspec's, engines rock, along with any Novarossi based mill.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Max Power M5b. I've never run an engine that is just plain angry all the time. Retarded powerband and with novarossi base reliability nothing beats it.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have an RB and love it, but its loosing its tune-ability and low end so it's time time for a new engine. I am a bit confused by all the different models of RB's and Nova Rossi's....

I don't want to spend $500 on a motor but $300-400 is resonable, what do you guys recommend in that price range for RB or Nova Rossi?
Old 08-13-2008, 02:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jim Bob
I have an RB and love it, but its loosing its tune-ability and low end so it's time time for a new engine. I am a bit confused by all the different models of RB's and Nova Rossi's....

I don't want to spend $500 on a motor but $300-400 is resonable, what do you guys recommend in that price range for RB or Nova Rossi?

NR 21-7
NR 21-5
NR P5XS Turbo
RB C6

All have good feel as far as powerband, smooth strong power all the way through, the 21-7 is very nice, if your tracks are med to somewhat large the P5 XS is plenty, NR's most reliable and easy to tune motor imo.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jaz240
My V-spec was a lemon! Would not idle, OS refused to service it, and place I bought it from refused to take it back. I took it apart 3 times looking for cracks, leaks, etc. Sealed it tight for leaks, and still, NOTHING! I'll never buy an OS again. This is just my opinion, as I I know for a fact thousands of people are very happy with their OS. I got screwed, and wasted $300 on a paperweight. OS is off my list of Racing engines!

Jaz240

If you still have the engine, and i assume it is new, i would be glad to look at it for ya, when new the OS seems to feel different during breakin compared to some engines, if your still intersted in racing with it let me have it for a few days and i will go through it and see what could possibly be the issue, just a friendly offer, no charges, just helping out, i run the v specs and have very good luck with them, maybe we can find the problem and get it going good for ya.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mugenb46
NR 21-7
NR 21-5
NR P5XS Turbo
RB C6

All have good feel as far as powerband, smooth strong power all the way through, the 21-7 is very nice, if your tracks are med to somewhat large the P5 XS is plenty, NR's most reliable and easy to tune motor imo.
Our track has a huge straight away and some pretty tight stuff. My RB now has no low end no matter what I do to it tuning wise.....But it is an older motor so it's time for a new one.

I am looking at these motors, it's been a few years since I raced buggy so I'd really appreciate your help!

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/12984

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/23023

Do pipes really matter? I have a pretty good OS on mine but I just hate to shell out that much for just a pipe.....And what is the advantage of turbo plug? I hear they give more power but is it worth the price increase and more expensive plugs? I am not a serious racer just out there having fun so some of this stuff is a little overkill. I just want a fast fun buggy!
Old 08-13-2008, 03:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jim Bob
Our track has a huge straight away and some pretty tight stuff. My RB now has no low end no matter what I do to it tuning wise.....But it is an older motor so it's time for a new one.

I am looking at these motors, it's been a few years since I raced buggy so I'd really appreciate your help!

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/12984

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/23023

Do pipes really matter? I have a pretty good OS on mine but I just hate to shell out that much for just a pipe.....And what is the advantage of turbo plug? I hear they give more power but is it worth the price increase and more expensive plugs? I am not a serious racer just out there having fun so some of this stuff is a little overkill. I just want a fast fun buggy!
My 2 cents

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/25377

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...tech-21-a.html
Old 08-13-2008, 03:23 PM
Tech Master

LOL both are very good, and it is a tough choice on that one not having a pic of the track, if you have some tight sections as well as open flowing areas the 367 is pretty good, i also like the S821, guys are using this in truggy as well.

pipes can always play a huge part in the motors, most hardcore racers seem to have every top of the line pipe made just to have for tunning to different tracks, bottom end mid range and top end pipes are good to have to tune with.

On the 2 motors you posted a link to, for the NR, a MSR 1005, 9853 are good pipes for it, and the RB a 2045 seems to be very popular for that engine.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:25 PM
Tech Master

+1
Old 08-13-2008, 03:54 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

The novarossi plus .21-7BT is a really strong motor..one of the best i have ever had..It's ballistic in my ST-RR..I had it in a buggy and it was a bit much....it would just smoke the v-specs..the speed versions..also..