Community
Wiki Posts
Search

808 vs. Jammin X1X

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 12:53 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by arm2storm
I understand in some cases but when its in relation to the xray buggy it shouldn't matter.
I think there should be some gray area too to allow for constructive conversations, but in the end it's up to the forum owner.
Old 09-26-2008, 07:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by vladconnery
Again here we are comparing apples and oranges they both taste good and are good for you. However they are not the same or in the same category. To compare an OFNA to an X-ray is to say the OFNA's quality is a good as X-ray, NOT. X-rays parts availablility is as good as OFNA's, NOT. An OFNA is going to handle as well as a X-ray, NOT. The price range of the 2 buggy's your considering is $100 apart.

If you can afford a X-ray get an X-ray. OFNA's is a good buggy but it's not in the league with X-ray, Losi, Kyosho, Mugen or AE. Which the before mention buggy's would be what you would compare to an X-ray. All along the same price line, Quality line, Handling line and win line.

If your hearts loves the OFNA get the OFNA loving what you drive is half the battle. No matter what the short comings are of the buggy you drive the love for the buggy always sees past it. Even if you bought the X-ray if your heart aint in to it no matter how it performs you will never be happy with your choice. Guys around here love there buggy's and generally defend there brand know matter how ridiculous the argument they make for them sounds.

Not even sure how you come up with narrowing your search down to these 2 buggy's other than the X's in the names. Not bashing you just thinking you should either rethink your choices or go ahead and get the X1X. The cost factor alone does not lend itself to a good debate in your choices. with the savings on the X1X you got half the money for a new Go 7 port or a 1/3 of the cost of another new engine or a very nice digital servo. nearly 3 sets of tires or alot of parts!

Good Luck

Again I was not bashing you.
X1X same category of HB D8 both in Worlds Final, and 808 ....
Old 09-26-2008, 08:26 PM
Tech Master

Thats funny saying the 808 drives like the losi & those of us that have both should know that.808 drives nothing like my losi.808 is NOT nevous or hard to drive for long periods.You have the world upside down.I bought the 808 for stability & traction in almost every condition.I say the 808 will out turn a losi simply because on the 808 where the front end goes the rear end follows even when turning under a losi.My losi turns by having a very loose rear end.

The money saved buying a losi will be spent replacing worn & bent parts.You are correct in saying the 2 look similar,the outer suspention parts on the front end anyway.

So let me sum up.The losi drives nothing like the 808 & wears nothing like the 808 but good try.But if you could combine the nimbleness of the losi 8B with the stability of mugen mbx5-r & have part wear as well as mugen but feel 3lbs lighter when driving & have traction at all times at both ends then you would have a 808 but thats probably what you ment anyway.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:26 AM
Tech Regular

Questions?? First buggy

I am really glad i found this thread. I am looking into getting into nitro buggies i am a newbie to nitro but a quick learner (as far as tuning goes) There are soo many options out there for buggies and even though i want to build a kit eventually for a start i want a RTR i have figured the 4-500 range is high but i can cope and i have been looking at a Jammin x1x cr rtr and a hyper 8 with a 8.5 upgrade kit. I can get the jammin about 50 bucks cheaper then the hyper. You guys have any input or even suggestions i would appreciate the input. The things that are important to me is that its fast durable and i will be able to get parts and also maybe when i get good go to the track a little more and race.