Wiki Posts
Search

Jammin X2-CR ?? (buggy?)

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 12:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by Joe_Racer
Unfortunately it doesn't look like those of us in the USA will be getting the conversion kit. I emailed [email protected] to see about when it would be available and they said it is for overseas customers only. I think since the conversion kits only cost around $200 but a complete kit cost around $600 they are just being greedy. I have supported Jammin for a long time and I am very unhappy about this. I may just keep running Jammin till I have used up my spares and then switch to a different brand. I really don't want to do that because I really like Jammin. Every time I am at a major race Jammin Jay and his crew have been very helpful with setups, advice and even free parts. I would encourage everyone to email [email protected] to complain about this decision. If I can get a link for an overseas website where I can order it I may do that as well. All you Jammin guys call Nitrohouse (the US distributer for Jammin) or email [email protected] to let them know you are unhappy about this, and any overseas racers, please post a link if you find an online source for the kit.
got your point, I also talked to them they gave me the same explanation, I mean we'll save more if we can get it, getting the whole thing is such too much, are they gonna buy our existing old jammin, no for sure thats my plan too, I'll have it till it breaks or someone buys it since I'll run truggy in the winter series anyways.. way too much spending for the situation we're experiencing right now.
Old 11-23-2008, 01:54 PM
Tech Adept

i have been told by the uk importer smd that they willbe in the uk in the early new year dont know if you guys from the us would want to buy from here
the importer is spire model distribution the guy to email is jamie booth he also races so may be worth while getting in touch hope this helps
Old 11-23-2008, 03:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 357 (100%+)

just greedy .i'll just keep runnin g my x1cr not going to buy another whole kit.
how can you offer something overseas only.BULL CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-26-2008, 11:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I received a reply from Ofna today and they say Jay Halsey didn't approve the kit for the US because it did not have the new center diff mount. For those of you that have received the kit, and built your new cars did you use the old mount and were there any problems? I can't believe there would be, plus you can purchase the new mount off Ebay for around $22, its the same one they are using in the X2 Truggy. And once again all you Jammin drivers please email [email protected] to let them know you are very unhappy about this. There may be another option though, I am working on Bill of BCE to come up with a new chassis for the Jammin Buggy that should be as good if not better than the Jammin one. Everyone that has driven a BCE conversion knows that Bill builds really good stuff. This is so short sighted of Jammin I can't believe it. If I didn't have such a huge amount of spares I would just switch brands.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default conversion

AS of today as far as i can tell they posted THERE WILL BE A CONVERSION KIT OUT AROUND DEC 1ST , CHECK JAMMIN WEBSITE
Old 11-26-2008, 12:31 PM
Tech Regular

The guy I emailed said he had spoke to a supervisor and there would not be a conversion kit for the US. Obviously the guy is clueless. This is great news. It is very frustrating when you communicate with someone who supposedly knows what they are talking about then it turns out they don't.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I've been watching the talk about the conversion kit on the Grid, and my understanding is its on the way here. Hopefully this is true as I've seen and held the new buggy and would like to convert my old one. Love my Jammin but its time for an update. The new buggy's that are out are at least a half pound lighter than my old X1CR and I just can't keep up anymore. Crossing my fingers.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

anyone that has the x2 cr already how does it measure up on starter box with the jammin x2 crt thnx will g

Last edited by will g; 01-01-2009 at 10:20 AM.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by Joe_Racer
I received a reply from Ofna today and they say Jay Halsey didn't approve the kit for the US because it did not have the new center diff mount. For those of you that have received the kit, and built your new cars did you use the old mount and were there any problems? I can't believe there would be, plus you can purchase the new mount off Ebay for around $22, its the same one they are using in the X2 Truggy. And once again all you Jammin drivers please email [email protected] to let them know you are very unhappy about this. There may be another option though, I am working on Bill of BCE to come up with a new chassis for the Jammin Buggy that should be as good if not better than the Jammin one. Everyone that has driven a BCE conversion knows that Bill builds really good stuff. This is so short sighted of Jammin I can't believe it. If I didn't have such a huge amount of spares I would just switch brands.
I got also email from Jay saying it's gonna be out on 1st week of december with the new center diff as well. sounds good, I think center diff like the x2 will make a difference anyways, its lighter and it will make the car lighter from rear to mid chasis, all the weight now will be centered and forward.
Old 11-26-2008, 07:31 PM
Tech Addict

Default now

ITS HERE

www.JamminProducts.com
Old 11-26-2008, 10:19 PM
Tech Regular

For those of you that have your conversions, below you will find some questions I had for Chad Bradley and his response.

Hi Chad,

Got a couple of questions for you today.

1. How much different is your setup with the new chassis and could you post your setup from the World's? I noticed the Jammin guys were running different springs front and rear and non of the previous setups on the Jammin web site are like that.

2. When going through the X-2 Truggy manual I noticed that the diff assembly shows to use 2 shims on the small diff gears. The X-1 FTE Buggy manual shows using only 1 shim and the part numbers are the same for the gears in both manuals. Is there some reason to use 2 shims in the Truggy and only one in the Buggy or is this a change we should do regardless of the car that the diff is going in?

And his response.

#1 the setup is not much different however 2 main things are the springs and the rear hub is all the way foward on the new buggy I will post my worlds setup at the bottom of this message

#2 Yes with the new ring gear its safest to put 2 shims on each gear, you can do it on the buggy ring gear as well (X1 buggy). The X2 buggy uses the truck ring and pinion

Driver: Chad Bradley

Track: 2008 Ifmar World Championship North Carolina

Size: Open

Traction: Med

Surface: Med

Front

Shock Spring: Blue

Piston: 1.3x6 drilled

Oil: 37.5 Losi oil

Toe out: 1

Ride hight: arms level

Sway Bar: 2.5

Camber: -2

Caster Block: B

Front (Picture)

Shock location: #2 on tower; #2 on arm

Camber location: #2

Acerman: #2

Sway Bar Preload: 0mm

Rebound Stop: 26mm (measured from rear of front arm, opposite from picture)

Rear

Shock Spring: White

Shock Piston: 1.35 (drilled)

Shock Oil: 27.5 Losi oil

Ride Hight: Arms level

Sway Bar: 2.8

Camber: -3

Rear Hub: Plastic (foward Position)

Rear Hub Hinge Pin Hole: Lower

Toe Plate: 3

Antisquat Plate: 2

Rear Picture

Shock Location: #2 on tower; #2 on arm

Camber Link Location: #1 on Tower; #2 on Hub

Rebound Stop: 21mm

Rear Sway Bar Preload: 5-6mm

Wing Location: 1-1

Differential

Front : Std 5000

Center: Std 5000

Rear: Std 3000

Engine

Type: OS Speed

Pipe: OS 2060

Fuel: Werks 30%

Plug: P3 turbo

Tires

Front: Pro-Line Revolver, Std Foam, M3 compound

Rear: Pro-Line Revolver, Std Foam, M3 compound

Clutch

Shoe: Jammin/HN Red Aluminum x3

Spring: 1.0x2; 1.1x1

Gearing: 17/44

X2 Buggy Setup (Indoor Race) Washington

Driver: Chad Bradley

Track: Indoor Race Washington 2008

Size: Med

Traction: Med

Surface: Med

Front

Shock Spring: Blue

Piston: 1.4

Oil: 42.5 Losi oil

Toe out: 1

Ride hight: arms level

Sway Bar: 2.5

Camber: -2

Caster Block: B

Front (Picture)

Shock location: #2 on tower; #2 on arm

Camber location: #2

Acerman: #2

Sway Bar Preload: 0mm

Rebound Stop: 26mm (measured from rear of front arm, opposite from picture)

Rear

Shock Spring: White

Shock Piston: 1.3 (drilled)

Shock Oil: 30 Losi oil

Ride Hight: Arms level

Sway Bar: 2.8

Camber: -3

Rear Hub: Plastic (foward Position)

Rear Hub Hinge Pin Hole: Lower

Toe Plate: 3

Antisquat Plate: 2

Rear Picture

Shock Location: #2 on tower; #2 on arm

Camber Link Location: #1 on Tower; #2 on Hub

Rebound Stop: 21mm

Rear Sway Bar Preload: 5-6mm

Wing Location: 1-1

Differential

Front : Std 3000

Center: Std 3000

Rear: Std 3000

Engine

Type: OS Speed

Pipe: OS 2060

Fuel: Werks 30%

Plug: P3 turbo

Tires

Front: Pro-Line Hole Shot V3, Std Foam, M3 compound

Rear: Pro-Line Hole Shot V3, Std Foam, M3 compound

Clutch

Shoe: Jammin/HN Red Aluminum x3

Spring: 1.0x2; 1.1x1

Gearing: 17/44

You can also find some pictures of some other things he did to protect the carbon fiber shock towers here. http://www.neobuggy.net/uploads/newb...4ac004615e.jpg http://www.neobuggy.net/uploads/newb...4adde721cf.jpg

There is a little more info on the pics on Chads thread on Neo-Buggy. On the right side of the home page click where is says "visit forums" then under "Team Chat" click on "Ask Chad Bradley"

I hope you find this info useful.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:48 AM
Tech Regular

Anybody looking for the Hong Nor X2 conversion kit for the Jammin buggy it is available on EBay. Follow this link http://cgi.ebay.com/X2-CR-Conversion-Kit_W0QQitemZ280289944637QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRadio_ Control_Parts_Accessories?hash=item280289944637&_t rksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A1|39%3A1| 240%3A1318
Old 12-01-2008, 02:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 171 (97%+)

Hey Guys,

Carolinas RC has the X2 Buggy, The kit is going for $699, OUCH!!!!
Old 12-01-2008, 03:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I called Nitro House today thay said the x2cr buggy might be in next week ,price 600.00 to 650.00 they werent sure
Old 12-02-2008, 10:24 PM
Tech Regular

Looks like Nitrohouse has the conversion kit in stock ready to ship. Check it out http://www.nitrohouse.com/catalog/pr...ducts_id=20183

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.