Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Already decided but....

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 02:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I run a Mugen 5R and love it but since they got a new one coming out soon it aint worth it, not that theres anything wrong with the the current model just would hate to get a nice new car and a few monthes later theres a new model out if i had to choose right now id go with the new Xray 808,as stated earlyer the RC8 is weak and the Losi 8 wares to quick
Old 05-23-2008, 07:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i didnt mention the xray for a reason... no one carries it around here...

its prob down to the rc8 or 8.5 pro I will make my final decision after sunday

edit:

also the reason why I am considering a hyper 8.5 pro because for the money it is a VERY durable and capable car, im sure the hyper 9 will debut at near or over $600

Last edited by rcrevolution; 05-23-2008 at 07:17 AM.
Old 05-23-2008, 09:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcrevolution
im sure the hyper 9 will debut at near or over $600
I highly doubt it, , I say $450 tops, but that's just my opinion, I don't think hobao will raise their price too much, lower prices is another of their characteristics
Old 05-23-2008, 09:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hyper 9 will be out in a month or 2.

i own a mugen and have driven all but the rc8 in your list and the mugen still keeps up with the current crop of cars in fact so does the mbx5 prospec and just the mbx5. here is the story i went off of and i have driven them all to verify it myself before i bought. to me it was extremely accurate but also know i hate TC racing so if you have that you will like the 8ight more handling wise. http://www.rc-car.com/ME2/dirmod.asp...C42CA09BC6D9AD
Old 05-23-2008, 05:31 PM
Tech Addict

why discount the MBX5R because the new model will be out in possibly 5 months time, the current model is more than capable of cutting it with the current competition, it will do what you ask and more and tbh at my club (only mugen) the other racers wonder why it goes so fast everywhere and generally covers the rough stuff better than any other car at the track 8, rc8, h8.5, mp777 all represented and none handle better than the mugen, the 5R will keep you competitive for some time to come, plus you wont be suffering dnf's as the thing just dont break or wear out for that matter it just lasts and lasts.

biggest thing has got to be support both spares and track side support, info on set ups and tuning help etc whichever cars has these go with that one.
Old 05-23-2008, 06:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Hyper 9. Wait for it. It'll be worth it.

Old 05-23-2008, 06:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I just finished building my 8. My overall impression of the car is that it is solid. Mind you, I haven't even started the motor on it, but my initial impression is that it is impressive. The people at my LHS give rave reviews of it. It's balanced, drives well, and is reliable. Just my 2 cents.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

If I was buying a new buggy I would get the rc8 or 808, The 5r is a awesome buggy but the mbx6 or what ever it will be called will be out soon. Robbie Colloins even posted the new buggy is in the works.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

There's nothing wrong with the MBX5R IMHO it the best buggy on the market ATM but if this guys any thing like me id be unhappy with my self on buying a $600 roller and be out dated in a few months thats why i waited 6months for the R to come out before i got a buggy i knew a new model was coming out and id be dam buying a prospec which i knew was still more then capable i just like the latest and greatest
and on another note Hobao is junk but thats just me and my view each to there own

If u want the best Mugen will kill the rest
Old 05-23-2008, 10:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I wouldn't get the Mugen or the Hobao because they are just about to be discontinued. That leaves the RC8 and 8ight, which is a tough choice. Technologically the 8ight is way more advanced than the RC8, but the RC8 does seem to do well and uses a more conventional design. I would go with the 8ight because I prefer the super steering the Losi offers. Its just too bad you can't get Xray, since it has the handling of the the Losi with 3x the quality of the Losi, or AE.
Old 05-24-2008, 08:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nitro$junkie
There's nothing wrong with the MBX5R IMHO it the best buggy on the market ATM but if this guys any thing like me id be unhappy with my self on buying a $600 roller and be out dated in a few months thats why i waited 6months for the R to come out before i got a buggy i knew a new model was coming out and id be dam buying a prospec which i knew was still more then capable i just like the latest and greatest
and on another note Hobao is junk but thats just me and my view each to there own

If u want the best Mugen will kill the rest
I haven't seen Mugen in top places in the latest results around the world lately.... and hobao is, maybe not on the top but at least is around, and hobao junk? why you say that? mugen the best? LOL, sure it's a very nice buggy but what makes you think it's the best? if it would be the best everyone would use it, but then again, it's just your opinion I guess...
Old 05-24-2008, 09:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Whatever you can get parts for and/or whatever everyone else is running locally.

There are so many tuning options at your disposal that you can pretty much make any of those cars handle the way you want them to.

I suggest getting whatever you can get parts for easily, because that way it'll be easier to get to the track as often as possible so you can work on what really matters.
Old 05-24-2008, 09:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Drive whatever makes ya happy. OFNA still suffers from reliability issues, Mugens are a great ride, Losi is a great ride, AE is a great ride. I have the Losi and the AE and both are excellent. I prefer them over anything else.
Old 05-24-2008, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by zJatoRad
I haven't seen Mugen in top places in the latest results around the world lately.... and hobao is, maybe not on the top but at least is around, and hobao junk? why you say that? mugen the best? LOL, sure it's a very nice buggy but what makes you think it's the best? if it would be the best everyone would use it, but then again, it's just your opinion I guess...
MBX5R 2008 Australian champion with the legendary and handsome Wayne Walker at the wheel.
Old 05-24-2008, 10:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zJatoRad
worlds warm up champion (farm II) Renaud Savoya and took the top 2 spots at the euro warm up too.
http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news...opic=0&start=0
very competitive still.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.