Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Inferno MP9 thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 10-10-2016, 02:30 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Inferno MP9 thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
Another TKI thread, more TKI4 Specific http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...buggy-kit.html

TKI4 Replacement Parts (Good for upgrading from TKI3) http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Replace...ts_c_1505.html

TKI4 Optional Parts http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Option-Parts_c_1506.html

Some notes on the new Towers/Long shocks here

Picked up a TKI3 and want to upgrade to TKI4 ? Here are all the updated parts:

Shocks

IF347-155 1.5X5 Pistons
IF471-01 Front Shock Body
IF470-01 Rear Shock Body
IF470-03BK Shock Adjust Dial
IFW154 Boots
IF346-05C Shock End Set

Wing

IF491BK Wing
IFW460B Wing Mount/Stay

Rear End

IFH006W Wheel
IF490 HUB
IF490-01 Hub Insert
IF492 Shock Pin
IF423HB Rear Arm
IF287 Hard Upper Rod Rear

Front End

IF489 Steering Rod Set
IF488 Knuckles
IF487H Front Arm
IFW458 Hard Lower Pin
IFW425 93MM CVD
IF286 Hard Upper Rod
IF486 Lower Susp Holder
IFW459 Servo Saver (Hard)
IF446B Ackerman Arm
IF426-64.5 Susp Shaft

Other

IF469B Filter
97035LW-13 Clutch Bell
IF453B Body Mount
IFW107GM Hexes
W300910 Washer
IF443B Center Diff Plate
IF444C Tank
IF479B Radio Box
96772 13x16x0.15mm Shim
IF481B Fuel Tank Stay
IFW336GM Wheelnut
IFB008 TKI4 Body
IFD403W TKI4 Decal

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 08:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yap, do that mate, Coach been a great help with my build up. Hey Coach, saw my pic on exhaust cooler, wanting to try that thing out . So far, mp9 been a real beauty. No regrets!!

Originally Posted by Coach Townsend
Mo Denton whats up. Marcus told me you guys got mp 9s. And heard yall had some unis issues. Shoot me txt or pm I'll feel u in. And any ??? U may have
Old 03-11-2012, 08:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

+ 1 on this, when I first plan to get extra shock I too have problem knowing which one for which and I figure it out by measuring the shock body and failing to read properly.

Originally Posted by aaron125
Jammin57: +1
Very doubtful that anyone would run the medium shocks with the original, tall TKI tower. Also, no need to measure shaft length as only the shock body determines if they are long, medium or short.

Long - 60ish mm
Medium - 55mm
Short - 47mm

I think that's right, can't remember exact length of long bodies, someone will surely correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hope these pics might be of some assistance or give you or anyone else some ideas how one of the Euro drivers, Jerome Aigoin mounts the exhaust pressure chamber/cooler on his MP9. Pics are quite old though, so he might have since changed how the pressure chamber/cooler is attached.

In these pics, he is using a custom fuel filter bracket which moves the filter further away from the tank, to allow the pressure chamber/cooler to fit between tank and filter.

And check out these camber link turnbuckles I got in my Lunsford MP9 turnbucle kit - no wonder I couldn't get any more than 0-0.5degrees camber. Hope they replace them soon.

Pics of the chassis have been sent to BCE but at their request not posting here. Hope that one too is replaced soon.
Attached Thumbnails Inferno MP9 thread-incorrec-t-lunsford-mp9-camber-links.jpg   Inferno MP9 thread-jerome-aigoins-mp9-04.jpg   Inferno MP9 thread-jerome-aigoins-mp9-01.jpg   Inferno MP9 thread-jerome-aigoins-mp9-02.jpg   Inferno MP9 thread-jerome-aigoins-mp9-03.jpg  

Old 03-11-2012, 08:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the pix mate, that's an idea. I will try to figure out how he move them and place both side by side and he still managed to clear the linkage without much problem. Maybe I will use some shims to make them slightly higher.

On the Lunsford, I noticed that too when I'm building up but didn't think much about it. If I'm not wrong, all their turnbuckles are slightly longer comparing to Kyosho one. Think I should email them too and hopefully get that corrected.

Hope these pics might be of some assistance or give you or anyone else some ideas how one of the Euro drivers, Jerome Aigoin mounts the exhaust pressure chamber/cooler on his MP9. Pics are quite old though, so he might have since changed how the pressure chamber/cooler is attached.

In these pics, he is using a custom fuel filter bracket which moves the filter further away from the tank, to allow the pressure chamber/cooler to fit between tank and filter.

And check out these camber link turnbuckles I got in my Lunsford MP9 turnbucle kit - no wonder I couldn't get any more than 0-0.5degrees camber. Hope they replace them soon.

Pics of the chassis have been sent to BCE but at their request not posting here. Hope that one too is replaced soon.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:05 PM
Tech Master

Aaron: do you have a dremel..take about a minute to cut them down to size.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:04 PM
Tech Master

I do have a dremel but I shouldn't have to do any kind of modifications when paying SO much for a few tiny threaded rods. Not that it would actually work as the front camber TB's need to be offset, as per the original Kyosho part and the ones in my pic are not offset, so even if I cut the end off, there's still way too much rod/threads sticking out of the other end and still won't be able to get more than -0.5o camber.

Regarding the length of the Lunsford parts, I just measured the Kyosho and the Lunsford are all identical, to within 1mm including the little bits that protrude past the end of the last thread except the steering TB's are 46mm original and 45mm Lunsford and I didn't measure the servo TB but I know it is about 2mm or so longer than the original part. But the most important TB's are identical to the Kyosho parts, those being the front and rear camber and the steering TB, which Lunsford puts more threads on theirs than does the Kyosho part, good idea IMHO.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:53 PM
Tech Master

Yes you will have to cut equal lengths off both ends..ti is fun to cut as loads of fireworks
Old 03-12-2012, 02:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hi Guys,

How important is it to balance your tires? And if you do, do you balance them every time before your race or just one time?

Also, I keep on hearing about CG for buggy but how do you actually check CG on your mp9?

I do fly rc planes and I have an equipment which allow me to check for my CG. Something like the attachment (that picture show a perfect CG). But how do you check CG on buggy It seems like something that all the buggy brands talk about, improve cg and blah blah blah. But when you start stocking your buggy with optionals and other brand products, how do you know your CG is still right?

thanks guys
Attached Thumbnails Inferno MP9 thread-img_0884.jpg  
Old 03-12-2012, 02:51 AM
Tech Master

Short of having some sort of balancing rig like that which you have for your plane, or some sort of crazy computer program (I know many CAD apps could give this info, but where is one to obtain the full 3D dimensions for every single part and component in the car, including engine, electronics, body shell, everything - without ALL the details, the answer is not really valid).

I've never heard of anyone actually being all that interested in where the CG is located though, as there aren't all that many instances where it is useful to know it or even if one did know exactly where the CG is, what would they then do with said info?

CG is always 'right', in answer to your question. It cannot be wrong as it isn't something that has a righ tor wrong, it just IS. The CG is just the point where gravity is understood to act on the vehicle, so it can't ever be wrong as that would mean gravity would be acting on the car in the wrong way. WTF?? As in perhaps the car might go off a jump and never come back to the ground? That would be gravity acting on the car in the wrong way. Essentially impossible.

What's the reason you want to find the CG on your car mate? Curious to find out what you would do with the info if it could be obtained.

Last edited by aaron125; 03-12-2012 at 02:55 AM. Reason: CG is always right and cannot be wrong.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey mate,

Nah, I'm just trying to teach myself with all this technical stuff and I'm just wondering about this CG thing. I mean you do see all brands talking about improve CG and stuff, so logically if you make any changes to the parts it does have some impact on the CG. But I guess I'm just thinking too much and getting confuse between plane and buggy!

I have the idea that if your CG is not balance your car might tend to be heavy on right, left, front or back when jumping front and back should not be any problem as you can play with throttle and brake but left or right would look funny

Just like rc plane, CG is important as having a perfect CG will ensure your plane fly straight and level when it's up in the air and all controls are in neutral. If not you have to either trim them up or down on flight which is not very good. Worst if the tail is heavy, than you just prepare for a crash landing Straight flying is kewl when you are doing low flying which I like to do with warbirds!! See them flying pass you at eye level and quickly fly up and do some roll

Anyway, back to buggy. I also notice there are not talk about CG in the documents so I guess it's not important.

Short of having some sort of balancing rig like that which you have for your plane, or some sort of crazy computer program (I know many CAD apps could give this info, but where is one to obtain the full 3D dimensions for every single part and component in the car, including engine, electronics, body shell, everything - without ALL the details, the answer is not really valid).

I've never heard of anyone actually being all that interested in where the CG is located though, as there aren't all that many instances where it is useful to know it or even if one did know exactly where the CG is, what would they then do with said info?

CG is always 'right', in answer to your question. It cannot be wrong as it isn't something that has a righ tor wrong, it just IS. The CG is just the point where gravity is understood to act on the vehicle, so it can't ever be wrong as that would mean gravity would be acting on the car in the wrong way. WTF?? As in perhaps the car might go off a jump and never come back to the ground? That would be gravity acting on the car in the wrong way. Essentially impossible.

What's the reason you want to find the CG on your car mate? Curious to find out what you would do with the info if it could be obtained.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:24 AM
Tech Master

CG does act the same way on the car as on the place, if the CG is in the 'correct' or designers intended position, then the car should fly straight off a jump and as you mentioned, not need trimming using throttle or brakes but then if you get a tiny bump on the upramp or perhaps your throttle finger twitches at the wrong time, just as the car is about to take off on the jump, then CG doesn't mean too much as the driver would have to correct the nose down or nose up attitude while in the air.

I think what the advertisements talk about when saying they have improved CG is that most likely, it has been put a little lower or more central in the car. You can imagine that if the CG is too high, the car will have huge body roll in corners and will generally be very unstable.

My thinking as to why it is never really talked about is because there is no easy way to work out where the CG is on a particular car. I suppose it could be figured out in an extremely rudimentary way but if one does, how would they know how useful their answer is because there would have to be SO many simplifications going on that I have no idea how far off from the actual CG the answer would be.

Better not to worry about such things, will just give you (and now me) a headache.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

LOL, you are right mate

CG does act the same way on the car as on the place, if the CG is in the 'correct' or designers intended position, then the car should fly straight off a jump and as you mentioned, not need trimming using throttle or brakes but then if you get a tiny bump on the upramp or perhaps your throttle finger twitches at the wrong time, just as the car is about to take off on the jump, then CG doesn't mean too much as the driver would have to correct the nose down or nose up attitude while in the air.

I think what the advertisements talk about when saying they have improved CG is that most likely, it has been put a little lower or more central in the car. You can imagine that if the CG is too high, the car will have huge body roll in corners and will generally be very unstable.

My thinking as to why it is never really talked about is because there is no easy way to work out where the CG is on a particular car. I suppose it could be figured out in an extremely rudimentary way but if one does, how would they know how useful their answer is because there would have to be SO many simplifications going on that I have no idea how far off from the actual CG the answer would be.

Better not to worry about such things, will just give you (and now me) a headache.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Coach Townsend
Mo Denton whats up. Marcus told me you guys got mp 9s. And heard yall had some unis issues. Shoot me txt or pm I'll feel u in. And any ??? U may have
hey Bro got your PM call you in a bit.
I am not having an issue, I think Kyosho is..lol I have the 777's for unis and also grabbed a set of Fioronis from absolute. I am good.
built the car with 93 cvd and snapped one, then decided to run the stock 91's and twisted 3 of the 4. dropped the fioronis in for a state series ran perfect! just ran the IN state champs last weekend and also ran perfect. track got slick so I opted for the 777 for the 3rd qual and main over the fioronis and those worked great! Both A's were 30 minutes so I put the track time on them!
best part is I called Kyosho and they are taking care of it! Good company
Old 03-12-2012, 09:13 AM
J33
Tech Adept

What's the size of the Fioroni, 93 or 91?

Originally Posted by Mo Denton
hey Bro got your PM call you in a bit.
I am not having an issue, I think Kyosho is..lol I have the 777's for unis and also grabbed a set of Fioronis from absolute. I am good.
built the car with 93 cvd and snapped one, then decided to run the stock 91's and twisted 3 of the 4. dropped the fioronis in for a state series ran perfect! just ran the IN state champs last weekend and also ran perfect. track got slick so I opted for the 777 for the 3rd qual and main over the fioronis and those worked great! Both A's were 30 minutes so I put the track time on them!
best part is I called Kyosho and they are taking care of it! Good company
Old 03-12-2012, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J33
What's the size of the Fioroni, 93 or 91?
91's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.