Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Inferno MP9 thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 10-10-2016, 02:30 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Inferno MP9 thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
Another TKI thread, more TKI4 Specific http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...buggy-kit.html

TKI4 Replacement Parts (Good for upgrading from TKI3) http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Replace...ts_c_1505.html

TKI4 Optional Parts http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Option-Parts_c_1506.html

Some notes on the new Towers/Long shocks here

Picked up a TKI3 and want to upgrade to TKI4 ? Here are all the updated parts:

Shocks

IF347-155 1.5X5 Pistons
IF471-01 Front Shock Body
IF470-01 Rear Shock Body
IF470-03BK Shock Adjust Dial
IFW154 Boots
IF346-05C Shock End Set

Wing

IF491BK Wing
IFW460B Wing Mount/Stay

Rear End

IFH006W Wheel
IF490 HUB
IF490-01 Hub Insert
IF492 Shock Pin
IF423HB Rear Arm
IF287 Hard Upper Rod Rear

Front End

IF489 Steering Rod Set
IF488 Knuckles
IF487H Front Arm
IFW458 Hard Lower Pin
IFW425 93MM CVD
IF286 Hard Upper Rod
IF486 Lower Susp Holder
IFW459 Servo Saver (Hard)
IF446B Ackerman Arm
IF426-64.5 Susp Shaft

Other

IF469B Filter
97035LW-13 Clutch Bell
IF453B Body Mount
IFW107GM Hexes
W300910 Washer
IF443B Center Diff Plate
IF444C Tank
IF479B Radio Box
96772 13x16x0.15mm Shim
IF481B Fuel Tank Stay
IFW336GM Wheelnut
IFB008 TKI4 Body
IFD403W TKI4 Decal

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 02:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PiRo
David is using 8x1.3 in rear and 8x1.2 in font (sometimes even 1.3 in front), but we are never using the taped pistons.

The standard oil are 400/350 or 450/400 with the stock blue springs or orange.
Guess I need to try the white/flat 1.3X8's then.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by houston
i would personally buy both , make the best of both cars for your racer then use the other parts for a practice car , best of both worlds

its only money
I can't see how that would really help... You'd end up with 2 very different cars, obvious differences with basic chassis flex, then there's the weight difference, with steel items far out on the arms (not unsprung weight, but not helpful either), different shocks and springs, having to set 1 car with dials and the other with spacers, etc. Then you've got all the various changes with plastics, wing posts/servo tray posts, diff cases, 1 car with plastic rear hub carriers, the other with 2mm offset alloy version, different thickness anti-roll bars, etc.

If it is only money then simply buy 2x TKI2.

On a completely different note, they must absolutely LOVE their Kyosho cars in Indonesia. In a recent Indo National round (last weekend maybe?) in the top 7 spots, there were 6 MP9s(!!), only missing out on either 3rd or 4th place I think.

Keep it up all you Indonesian MP9 lovers! Congrats. They should see if they can lock out the entire top 10 spots. That would be cool.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:42 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aaron125
I can't see how that would really help... You'd end up with 2 very different cars, obvious differences with basic chassis flex, then there's the weight difference, with steel items far out on the arms (not unsprung weight, but not helpful either), different shocks and springs, having to set 1 car with dials and the other with spacers, etc. Then you've got all the various changes with plastics, wing posts/servo tray posts, diff cases, 1 car with plastic rear hub carriers, the other with 2mm offset alloy version, different thickness anti-roll bars, etc.

If it is only money then simply buy 2x TKI2.

On a completely different note, they must absolutely LOVE their Kyosho cars in Indonesia. In a recent Indo National round (last weekend maybe?) in the top 7 spots, there were 6 MP9s(!!), only missing out on either 3rd or 4th place I think.

Keep it up all you Indonesian MP9 lovers! Congrats. They should see if they can lock out the entire top 10 spots. That would be cool.
Excuse my misunderstanding , it sounded as if you knew of a place or two that you could get deals on both of the cars

And what's wrong with shock clips?
The cars geometrys are still almost identical plus the tki1 still has good outdrives

I have 4 mp9 cars and they are all a little different but yet all drive very very similar , I have been running k cars since about 2000ish and have tried a few other brands for very brief periods of time but always go back to kyosho!

Sometimes things are taken wayyyyyyyyyy too serious
Old 09-20-2011, 08:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Ok guys so I'm loving the tki2 but what spares do I need to have in my box. I already bought new front wc arms upper and lower, rear arms, also spare ring gear. Should I go ahead and get agama outdrives or kyosho ones? Also stick with stock universals or swap to something else?
Old 09-21-2011, 01:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (96%+)

Selling my full race setup guys, regretful but just dont have the time anymore.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ll-has-go.html

thanks
Old 09-21-2011, 03:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Jose you're probably good with the parts you have. I haven't broken anything until that head-on snapped the outer front hub part of the arm. The arm didn't break like yours; only out @ the hub pin. I was impressed given the speed/severity of impact. That same hit broke the front shock tower and complete clip off my Losi before.

The stock universals are great, I wouldn't bother with anything else and you won't break one as long as they're shimmed right and don't bottom out.

With the car *narrow* all around, I ran the 93mm up front and 91's in the back. No issues in over a gallon now.

Also my outdrive wear hasn't been an issue, it just is showing signs in the back.

I'm also running the 1.3x8 straight/white pistons all around 45/30 (losi) for high-temp outdoor running; 42.5/27.5 the other day when you saw it, which worked super. I may go 40/25 even since it's cooling off.

5/5/2 on the diffs; prob run 3 in the rear for the way you drive
Old 09-21-2011, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 172 (100%+)

I ran my Tki2 for the first time last Saturday ..awesome. buggy my only complaint is what's up with the annodizing? My buggy only has 1 race on it and the chassis annodizing is just about all wore off.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:10 PM
Tech Prophet

Old 09-21-2011, 04:11 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by kwilke
I ran my Tki2 for the first time last Saturday ..awesome. buggy my only complaint is what's up with the annodizing? My buggy only has 1 race on it and the chassis annodizing is just about all wore off.
thats the new "anodizing" as opposed to the old vinyl coated hard anodized coating they used to use , kyosho now offers mo better upgrade style (hop up) parts but also offers a lesser grade anodizing which wears off fairly quickly .

this has no effect on the handling of the car though aside from the old chassis being a little stiffer which i think handles grooved up tracks better and is easier on spurs/clutch bells due to less flex .

either way you look at it the kyosho mp9 and most all K cars in general are true "racers" cars and are phenomenal handling cars , not saying there arent other great cars out there but kyosho ranks very very high on the list
Old 09-21-2011, 04:24 PM
Tech Master

Just had a look at the bottom of my TKI chassis and I can't say anything about the quality of the anodic layer but I can say that it looks like almost new coz once the anodizing is scraped off, the underlying metal is almost identical colour, so it just appears to be still there, but in reality there are just as many scratches and just as much metal showing as on my brown WC chassis.

Also, remember that if you want the stiffer chassis like the TKI, with more of an angle on the edge that's bent, it's available. IF448/IF449 and IF473/IF474. Dunno which is which though.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just had a look at the bottom of my TKI chassis and I can't say anything about the quality of the anodic layer but I can say that it looks like almost new coz once the anodizing is scraped off, the underlying metal is almost identical colour, so it just appears to be still there, but in reality there are just as many scratches and just as much metal showing as on my brown WC chassis.

Also, remember that if you want the stiffer chassis like the TKI, with more of an angle on the edge that's bent, it's available. IF448/IF449 and IF473/IF474. Dunno which is which though.
Hi Aaron, what is the main difference between the 2 chassis's?

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...d-Main-Chassis
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Chassis-Plate
Old 09-21-2011, 07:07 PM
Tech Master

The rolled edge where the black side guards attach has been bent to a more shallow angle on the TKI2 chassis, therefore allowing the TKI2 chassis to flex more than the original TKI version.

This can actually be seen if you open the PDF manual for both cars, get the exploded view open to the exact same size and position on the screen and then Alt-Tab to switch between the 2 PDFs. If you do it fast enough and your PC doesn't hesitate, it's visible and the difference in the bends can be seen.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The rolled edge where the black side guards attach has been bent to a more shallow angle on the TKI2 chassis, therefore allowing the TKI2 chassis to flex more than the original TKI version.

This can actually be seen if you open the PDF manual for both cars, get the exploded view open to the exact same size and position on the screen and then Alt-Tab to switch between the 2 PDFs. If you do it fast enough and your PC doesn't hesitate, it's visible and the difference in the bends can be seen.
Ahhh.....gotcha!! Thanks bro!!
Old 09-22-2011, 10:09 AM
Tech Master

I know most of you know this, but the brown anodized chassis is made out of the same material as the hard ano version. Once the coating wears off, the wear is still very good because of the 7075 aluminum. If you order a replacement chassis, you will get the hard anodized version.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rdeppen
Paul what is the hot shock piston and oil setup your using on Cody's buggy at the moment?
1.3x8 staright hole piston with 45 front 30 rear tlr oil...

Originally Posted by Rick-O
Any update on the outdrives/universals? Is everyone using Agama OD's or modded OFNA OD's in the meantime? Got me a set of MP777 swings on the way to throw in the rear, and I'll probably put the 93's up front.

I know this has been talked about to death, and I am not trying to stir the pot....just genuinely interested is all.

BTW, this is one of the slickest buggies I've had the pleasure of building
there is no need to put any weird parts on your cars.. we picked up some outdrives from KA new inventory, and I have been testing them.. they are as hard as they have ever been.. I think there was a bad run, but they're back to normal now...

Originally Posted by RAlmeida
Hello PITPOP,
will there be a new platform soon, or will the MP9 be good for another year?
Will Kyosho take the MP9 to the 2012 Worlds?
Thank you
My guess is the MP9 will be around through 2012 Worlds with maybe some adjustments for the venue like the last one..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.