Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TQ Racing SX8

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 01:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (96%+)

did some club racing again and took first. a buddy had is camera out there and here is a little vid of the race. all losi 8ights except me :] ive been trying to tune my motor in all night and durring the main i had it close but not close enough but it held out and i took it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR2hYiYFZvE
Old 08-03-2008, 05:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Today I took my first RC Pro Series race win with my SX8! Car was awesome and consistent all day!
Old 08-03-2008, 08:29 PM
Tech Initiate

rcejk - That's good stuff, nice run.

RobS - Congrats On the Pro Series Win
Old 08-04-2008, 09:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by empirerc
rcejk - That's good stuff, nice run.

RobS - Congrats On the Pro Series Win
Ditto ~ Congratulations guys lookin' good.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Hi guys, I'll post a write up and Billys setup sheet this week..... man what a weekend
Old 08-05-2008, 10:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

The Ontario Team drivers also had a great weekend . Rob Say won the Canadian RC Pro Series South Race#3 by over a Lap . Matt Devries TQ'ed every round of qualifying in the Canadian RC Pro Series North Race#3 and was off to a strong lead but unfortunately ran into some issues that dropped him back . Chris Buckrell was also out at a Club Race at Great Canadian Hobbies and finished a strong 2nd in the A . Great weekend for the TQ SX8 , This car keeps proving itself over and over again .
Old 08-05-2008, 04:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default congrats

tony congrats on eastons a main showing looks like this car will be a great solid car
Old 08-05-2008, 05:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Where did Easton finish in the A-main? I cannot find results.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vnmsgt
Where did Easton finish in the A-main? I cannot find results.
Qualified 6th
Finished 10th... He had RX problems..=( Great job tho Billy!
Old 08-05-2008, 05:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I spoke to Luther today and I think he said 6th. That was with rec or engine problems too. Car seems solid!

Tony, I spoke to Luther in reference to what I emailed you about last week. Has he talked to you? If either of you need to call, i can be reached at 314-304-4725.
Talk to you soon,
Jordan

Last edited by jrock32; 08-05-2008 at 06:21 PM.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Pics of mine, ready to run! Rattle can paintjob, I need a new air compressor for my airbrush and huge collection of parma fastcolor paints. I am still horrible at painting, and even worse with rattle cans. First coat is neon yellow, then peeled flame stickers and backed with red then lots of white. Looks horrible in the pictures, but not so much better in person ha.

This first one is my desktop background. I like the angle for some reason.

Old 08-05-2008, 07:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Are there stickers out yet for the buggy. I cannot believe they do not come with them yet. Stickers are free advertising on a buggy or truggy. Without them it looks like almost any other buggy. Hell when I was looking at my state race for Trey who was racing this buggy I walked past it 5 times thinking it was a Kyosho till I noticed the shocks were black. NO STICKERS.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:10 PM
Tech Master

We have plenty of stickers if you need some please let us know the new kits will have them.

Thank You
Old 08-05-2008, 08:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

2008 Manufacturers Cup Report:

When I arrived wednesday night the track crew had only a few things to finish up
for the next few days of racing. They just finished putting in the timing loop and
were finishing up on hanging the last of the 100s of banners around the track.

It was really a grand production, what they had planned for the next few days. I met up with Billy
late and we ended up talking for a few hours, nether one of us could sleep, we were excited to get
on the track and start working on the car! So we decided to get up around 7am and get our pits setup
and forced ourselves to go to sleep.

Thursday:

We got up and got ready early, threw everything in the truck to cruise over to the pits (about 100 yards
is all thanks to my good friend Hal Hudson, he provided his 5th wheel trailer at our disposal all weekend
which was incredible, Thanks Hal!) We started getting setup but we were not the only ones, Saxton, Maifield, Tebo
King everyone was just as anxious as were apparently. First thing 8 am was an hour of buggy practice, they scheduled
1hr of buggy then 1hr of truggy and 30mins for MT over and over untill about 8pm. So we knew we would have alot
of practice throughout the day to get things sorted out.

First thing we wanted to do is get the motor set, that only took a tank and then we were off to get the car
into shape. Right off the bat it was really good, Billy liked how much steering it had and it handled the jumps really well.
We changed some shock positions and camber link positions and in the end ended up just about where we started. We went out
to practice with Drake, Maifield, Cavaleri etc to see if we were on pace, and we were!

After about 8 tanks we decided to do a tear down and get the car ready for qualifying the next day. After the rebuild it must have
been about 11pm so we caught the "taxi" back to the Hotel Hudson and crashed out.

Friday:

You guessed it another early morning to get pits setup, I think practice got us more fired up than the night before. So we got all setup in
no time. Our quals didnt start untill about 10am so we had time to run to the local Espresso shack for a couple Mochas and Macciatos, a quick
trip through Mcd's and we had the breakfast of champions! After breakfast it was go time, I warmed the engine up the heat before and before ya know it
we're running laps. Billy started out in warmup pacing with Drake at that point I looked up the drivers stand and knew we had a good car, Billy
was grinning ear to ear. Top it off and out for the first round of quals. We started out the first bunch of laps in second place...there was a
couple of quick traffic issues, but we were right there for the first qual! after assistance from a marshal Billy's antenna got pulled out and was
dragging behind the car, Ugh! just make a few minutes and we'll be fine. Not! it wrapped around the rear tire and we pulled it in before the car took off.
We ended up 16th for that round even with pulling it off with time to go. Billy came off the stand really excited about the way the car ran, he was happy
with the setup. So for the next round we decided to change antsquat and thats it. Round 2 came along after lunch with much of same drills.... top off batteries
and get it warmed up the heat before. We through the car out there and it wasnt as good as the first round but still competitive with everyone else on the track.
Billy did an excellent job of driving it through that heat and keeping the car on its tires..... we ended up 5th for that round, so we were liking what we learned
and knew what to do to fix the handling and make it the best we had all weekend. We made the changes and tossed the car down for round 3 and it was on!
Billy quickly jumped out to the lead for our heat and never looked back! one bobble on the closing laps put us 2nd in our heat and ended up getting 3rd for the round!
I ran up to the sheets after the round was over to check our overall position. 6th! woohoo! we were pumped, to take a car Billy has never drove and had
limited time to get it setup we were in good shape.

BUT! as Gary Guest and Matty Matt wanted some more battle on the track they setup a Dash for Cash race right after the last heat for the top 15 pro buggy guys, so
we had some wrenching to do quickly! We wanted to swap motors as we thought the one we had ran all day was alittle flat on the top.... So wrench on! we swapped out the motor
and got it bench tuned in about 10 mins! Wow ok off to the track for a brief warmup and line up as we qualified for the Dash... in warmup the car was way faster and
we were looking forward to the quick 15 lap Dash! Sound of the tone! and we're off! Billy ends up in 5th off the start and quickly caught the leaders, the motor was fast
and the car was stellar! I think we ended up about 6th after a bunch of traffic but the car was turning faster laps, so we were happy.

As the last round came to a close we really didnt need to start a big teardown since the A mains didnt start untill 7pm the next day! Note: One of the benifits
in making the show! So we packed everything up and headed over to the banquet dinner. That was great, we had some BBQ and "fancy" beverages while hanging out
and watching the AE guys do some parlor tricks lol. A few hours later we decided to crash out so we could get up early and get to work on the main prep on the car.

Saturday:

Another early morning with mochas and crossants this time, we got all setup and started on the car. Everything was ready to go about noon so we started wandering
through the bleachers and pits and got to catch up with friends we havent seen for along time. As the stands filled up the excitement in the pits was going nuts. Noone had really
raced in front of such an intimidating crowd, Gary and matt started getting the crowd volved with demos and prize giveaways, there was a huge buzz about the whole place. The
mains were going to be exciting for the crowd and the drivers. After watching some of the other mains all day we knew it was going to be something special to race our mains in front
of 3000+ people. As the sun went down we watched the sportsman buggy A main (which was the race before us) we went through our pit strategy and one last check on the car for loose
or overlooked bolts.... I did a quick bench tune and then it was off to the "big show" the warmup was enough to get anyone excited and alittle gittery, with everyone spotlighted with theyre
sponsors and an opening lap all to themselves it was awesome. The crowd was into it big time. everythings a go and everyones warmed up.... off the starting grid I go to wait for Billy
to finish and get topped off for the start. He came in and the motor was perfect, the car was good and the tires were feathered and ready to roll. I fueled and waited or the down
and quiet signal. And theyre off! man what a start, 15 buggies battling for the first few laps was something to see on this layout! Billy quickly found a way to get to 3rd in only a couple
laps! Tessman was in first and Truhe was in second. Billy was all over Truhe looking for a way around, the top 3 had gapped the field in only a couple laps to few second lead. On lap
about 6 or 7 Billys car jumped the big jump fine and went dead on the landing and coasted to a stop, I dont think I've ever ran faster, I grabbed his car and quickly turned the switch on and off
instantly it came alive again! I threw it down and off he went. Ugh! I didnt know exactly what was wrong and why it started working again but I just hoped it wouldnt happen again.
On a layout this fast as soon as that happened we knew we had no chance to win, but we wanted to see where we could finish, the car was working great. We quickly started gaining
ground again putting in some of the fastest laps of the main. Something happened about half way through the main to the front end making the dogbone pop out, it was so
dark I couldnt see what it was but got the dogbone back in and got him back out there. on the last pit stop the dogbone popped out again, I fixed it and got him back out there again.
We finished up in 12th but had the top 10 and 20 averaged laps. We could have won with alittle luck on our side, O well we learned alot and got alot of testing in for the worlds.
The car was awesome, Billy and I are more excited about racing buggy than we ahve been in years! The car works very well 100% stock out of the box, we ran no aftermarket parts!

Sunday:

Boat + Cour D'alene lake = relaxation finally!

I'll post the setup we used shortly

Tony newland
TQ Racing Team Manager

PS - The dogbone popped out because an earlier tough time with traffic resulted in a broken knuckle. Heck the thing still went 20 laps without popping out!
Old 08-05-2008, 10:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Awsome write up Tony thanks for taking the time! I'm in process of building my kit, can't wait to hit the track with it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.