Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Narrowed it down!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 09:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i'm only familiar with the mugen and the xray...

the mugen is a great truck... the prospec is loaded with aluminium parts... handles well and last a long time. it's a pivot ball design, which is what i dun like... weights heavier than the xray...

the xray is very light, very nimble in the handling... last a long time too.. the reason they do not have that much aluminium parts is to keep the weight down... anyway, they dun need them... drive train on the xray is bullet proof...

considering that you are in the usa... you should think about parts support... i think in the usa, the mugen is a more popular car... thus easier to get parts either online, or in the hobby shops... go with the one that has support in your country, or shall i say, more accessible support for you...

2 cents...
Old 04-27-2008, 10:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default b

Mugen!!!
Old 04-28-2008, 09:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

No news that I have seen on a updated mbx5t coming out any time soon. Mugen was released before the xray truck but with xray coming out with the 808 you have to think that they will have a version similar to the buggy coming in truggy.

Xray makes great stuff but they tend to come out with new models frequently. In the last 2 years I believe they have had 3 new buggies come out but Im not positive on that. Other negative on the xray is doesnt it use e clips instead of captured hinge pins.

If you want a 4 shoe clutch you can buy pretty much any clutch and install it on the engine. If you want big bores both jammin and kyosho have them and imsure you can makethem fit. Bottom line is both are a waste of money on the prospec. Mugen makes the BEST shocks I have seen yet out of any company and there is no way I would switch. I have never had one leak,never rebuilt them and never tore a shock bladder. They are quite awesome.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:53 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

I don't get "upgrade" and "4-shoe clutch." It isn't about the number, it is about what works and is available.

(I guess I "downgraded" my Losi by using a Mugen 3-shoe clutch?)

Mugen clutches are bulletproof, they work, and there are a lot of parts available for them from other manufacturers as well (shoes, springs, clutch bells, etc.) that work well with the setup.

Sorry I don't know trucks, can't comment on the differences, but the descriptions folks are posting on here about wear and reliability mirror what I've seen in the buggy world.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Give the Caster Racing line a look. Great Product Great Price
Old 04-29-2008, 10:52 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I am in the same situation, so many good trucks, can't decide which one to go with. If and when the associated comes out, that could be a definite possibility
Old 04-29-2008, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

i was looking at the mugen and the 8T when i got mine. I went Mugen Prospec and love it. only broken a few arms with it and that was primarily my fault with bad big air landings. Mine has been through hell and still performs great.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

is the Kyosho ST-RR overall better than the MBX5T prospec?
Old 04-29-2008, 07:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcrevolution
is the Kyosho ST-RR overall better than the MBX5T prospec?
Thats a tough call, but the pros are wheeling that ST-RR to a lot of wins, no matter who's driving it.