Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/8th truggy engines

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 05:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Flying Monkey
you dont have to buy "RC" brand air filter oil. for $2-$3 you can buy almost a quart of motorcycle foam air filter oil and its the same thing. instead of paying $10 or more on a few ounces just cause it has a RC manufacturers name on it. just thought id pass it along.
damn, all right.

what were you saying about the filter barrels though?
Old 02-14-2008, 06:03 PM
40%
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FREELANCE_RCer
Came across from RC Junkies site this new engine from sirio for off-road.

V twins 2 stroke! . Wonder if 2 in 1's manifold will be next?.

That looks like added weight to the right of the buggy/truggy/mt. Unless there is a kit that can place the engine dead center of the chassis for a proper cg location or we might have to add weights on the right side of the vehicle to have a proper flight.

Still it looks Awesome!!! I'll buy on impluse if its ever available on the market !!!
Old 02-14-2008, 07:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

B man777, if your in the market for a bigger mill and not sure about the .28, i would strongly recommend looking into the GO Engine .25, very affordable and it has bottom and smokin topend, and stock only 209, it hard to beat it's performance, it will run with anything and gets .21 runtime, good luck
Old 02-14-2008, 09:13 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Ive got Good reason to beleive that Sirio WILL not run...all they did was basically cast 2 block's together and slapped some heads on and called it done...and whats the point of a motor that wont fit into Anything ? chk the exhause ports if u dont beleive me....u cant tell me they leave all there ports Square as a Block.(original pics from Neobuggy)

Its ALL marketing in the end.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

LOL only they know, the pics from neo show the piston just abouve BDC who knows, they may just have another one in there
Old 02-15-2008, 07:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mugen MBX-5
damn, all right.

what were you saying about the filter barrels though?

I was just wondering if you were only using the barrel looking filter (the main 1) or if you were using the pre-filter also (the "sleeve" filter). im not sure why your fuel usage is so high comparred to mine other then tune could be alot different depending on where your at, temps, atmosphere, etc.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mugenb46
LOL only they know, the pics from neo show the piston just abouve BDC who knows, they may just have another one in there

that motor cannot run...... they have no provisions to isolate each cylinders crankcase...... and unless they have both pistons reaching TDC and BDC at the exact same time it will not be able to run..... the only way to get both pistons timed correctly is to use individual crankshafts for each piston as is used in a rotary 2 stroke...................
Old 02-15-2008, 08:39 AM
Tech Regular

they can run, with a seal between the crank cases. the simplest way would have both pistons time the same to compress and release the charge into both cylindars. They have multicylinder engines for aircraft don't they.

have faith, change is good, everything will be ok.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

it can be done. it has been done. they showed it. but the ? is can it run profisiantly?
Old 02-15-2008, 08:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nagatahawk
they can run, with a seal between the crank cases. the simplest way would have both pistons time the same to compress and release the charge into both cylindars. They have multicylinder engines for aircraft don't they.

have faith, change is good, everything will be ok.

If you isolate each cylinders crankcase then it would run.... but the Sirio motor has both pistons on the same crank pin..

a multi cylinder 2 stroke is essentially several single cylinder 2 strokes tied together by a common crankshaft..
Old 02-15-2008, 11:01 AM
Tech Elite

if the crank pin comes out and "L" shapes to another pin at the proper timing point then it could work. but it would require the inside rod to be a 2 piece rod and cap like a regular V8 rod. that would allow it to be timed correctly to have the same TDC and BDC on both cylinders.

also a 2 piece crank pin would work without modding the rods. the 1st rod would go on to a key style pin and the 2nd part of the pin with the the "L" shape secondary pin screwed on for the 2nd rod to be mounted. its possible to be done.

watch their R&D department is monitoring these threads to find out how to make it work lol

Last edited by Flying Monkey; 02-15-2008 at 11:13 AM.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:13 PM
Tech Regular

I was just wondering if you were only using the barrel looking filter (the main 1) or if you were using the pre-filter also (the "sleeve" filter). im not sure why your fuel usage is so high comparred to mine other then tune could be alot different depending on where your at, temps, atmosphere, etc.
yeah its probably my tune, i run it at WOT a lot and in very cold temperatures. not sure about the overall engine temp, i got a temp gun the other day and havnt even got to try it yet.

and my time was just a guess, when i get it up and running again ill time how long it takes for me to burn through a 125cc tank. do i drive it like i would racing or what? im sure i can just crawl around and get 15+ mins runtime.. or WOT for like 3 mins runtime.
Old 02-15-2008, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

yeah its probably my tune, i run it at WOT a lot and in very cold temperatures. not sure about the overall engine temp, i got a temp gun the other day and havnt even got to try it yet.

and my time was just a guess, when i get it up and running again ill time how long it takes for me to burn through a 125cc tank. do i drive it like i would racing or what? im sure i can just crawl around and get 15+ mins runtime.. or WOT for like 3 mins runtime.
my truggy only runs on a track. i never run it around the yard or anywhere else.
Old 02-15-2008, 04:50 PM
Tech Regular

my truggy only runs on a track. i never run it around the yard or anywhere else.
not being a dick, but whats your point?

why not run it in the yard or a baseball field?

i just ran my car for 3/4 tank of gas, and after i used that up the temp was only 170F... is that bad or what?

and as for the time i got off it.... i forgot to time. damn it, ill do it tomorrow.
Old 02-15-2008, 05:09 PM
Tech Elite

not being a dick, but whats your point?

why not run it in the yard or a baseball field?

i just ran my car for 3/4 tank of gas, and after i used that up the temp was only 170F... is that bad or what?

and as for the time i got off it.... i forgot to time. damn it, ill do it tomorrow.
well this conversation started off comparing fuel economy cause you were curious as to why i was getting more then you. i tried to explain my set up to you then explain air fuel mixtures effect on it. you explained how you run yours and i was just doing the same to try to help you figure out the difference. if your running at only 170 its either extremely cold where your running or your waaaaaaaaay too rich on your tune and that would in turn explain why your using so much more fuel so much faster.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.