Search

engine gurus please help

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 10:11 PM
Gen
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default engine gurus please help

hi ,,,i have a axe rossi cobra and it used to always get stuck tdc when still new i installed another shim .001 on top of .002 it was then easier to start but its had some fuel thru now nad never gets caught tdc and i would like to remove .001 shim to get more compression /power and take back to stock 1 shim can i do this ,,,im just not sure if like ,me engine has been broken in with 2 shims if i can go back to 1
Old 12-30-2007, 10:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

What % of nitro do you run...and how much has been thru the motor?
Old 12-30-2007, 10:31 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Talking

not a problem gen , just have to retune a lil. check to see that you dont have too much pre detonation (carbon on top of piston) too hot of plug or too lil shim . are you noticing low compression , lack of torque from the engine ?
Old 12-30-2007, 11:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

How many gallons through the engine so far? Also was number is on the head insert next to the glowplug? Should be a 3 and most likely a standard glowplug. As for the shims, what measurement are you using, inches or MM? I assume you got the decimal wrong and meaant 0.010mm & 0.020mm shims.
Old 01-01-2008, 05:19 AM
Gen
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

SKELLER use 25% and run thru 1 1/4 gallon
HOUSTEN not noting low compression ,,just remember more power ,,also when removing shim just as a guide would i be richening a little and leaning bottom a bit ???
EZVEEDUB ,where did that name come from ?fuel used 1 1/4 gallon number under head ,,what is that for ??,,i do have standard plugs,,and yes got decimal wrong ,,thanks so far any help greatly appreciated
Old 01-01-2008, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gen
SKELLER use 25% and run thru 1 1/4 gallon
HOUSTEN not noting low compression ,,just remember more power ,,also when removing shim just as a guide would i be richening a little and leaning bottom a bit ???
EZVEEDUB ,where did that name come from ?fuel used 1 1/4 gallon number under head ,,what is that for ??,,i do have standard plugs,,and yes got decimal wrong ,,thanks so far any help greatly appreciated
The number on the head is the combustion chamber size. With you 0.30mm shimming, it should run with 30% fuel. If you take the shim out, you should be able to run the 25% but make sure it doesn't run hot or detonate.