Hot bodies Lightning Stadium 2 Pro

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot bodies Lightning Stadium 2 Pro

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 01:02 AM
Tech Rookie

Anymore news on this truggy??? I'm in the market for a new truggy and had hoped to see more opinions, testing etc....

The price is definately right, but how is this truck standing up to the big names in the truggy class?...Mugen-Losi-Xray.

How is Travis running with this new truck?

Info/opinions please...

I'm itchin to buy!!!

Thanks!!!!
Old 03-20-2008, 06:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I'll be out to the track tomorrow to test out the truggy. I am looking forward to drive the truggy on a new track design to see how it handles.

c.fox- I don't really understand why any of the online hobby shops are carrying the new hot bodies truggy. Xtreme RC Cars did a test on the Lightning Stadium 2 Pro a couple months ago but I don't really know which month it was.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:56 PM
Tech Elite

I ran my truggy last weekend at the track and it ran ok. Our track has a crossover double over the straightaway and the LSP nosedived alot. I will need to either add weight to the rear or move the battery farther back. But since the truck is heavy as it is I will probably just move the battery box farther back. My truggy is electric, remember. I was racing in a cash race and did good in the 1st and 2nd qualifier. In the third qualifier the stock front kickup plate snapped. My buddy has a picture of it on his cell phone. It was really my fault because I was running it with a part broken on the front end in the first place. So I replaced the Front Kickup plate with a King Headz 3* Kickup Plate. The front hingepin was also broken so I replaced that too. In the A-Main of truggy I raced for about 3 minutes and then my truggy started glitching. It ended up that the speed controller thermaled. I was really pissed off about this because I have been battling problems like this for a while now and I could have won $75. I have decided just to convert it to nitro. My buddy said he will sell me a CMB .21 engine and pipe to put in the truggy. So that is what I will do for outdoor season. I am probably going to get a Hot Bodies lightning Buggy too since I have boxes and boxes of parts for the hot bodies cars. So that is my testing for this week.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I ran my new Evo this past weekend and LOVED it!!! I ran 5-7-2 with stock pistons and 30wt up front and stock in the rear. Awesome on a blue groove track.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

Cool, are you sponsored by Hot Bodies?
Old 01-07-2009, 12:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

wow, been a while since anyone posted here...i think i hear crickets...

i am picking up an LSP2 to hold me over until the new truggy comes out. anyone have any set ups for the truggy? did a little searching and i really didn't find much, especially from the pros. i am looking for a set up without a lot of (if any) upgrades/aftermarket parts, not planning on dumping a whole lot of mula into the truck.

concerning set-ups, i race at most of the southern California tracks (i.e. Thunder Alley, Revelations, ARC, etc..), just to give an idea of what types of tracks i race on. thx
Old 01-07-2009, 03:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stipres
wow, been a while since anyone posted here...i think i hear crickets...

i am picking up an LSP2 to hold me over until the new truggy comes out. anyone have any set ups for the truggy? did a little searching and i really didn't find much, especially from the pros. i am looking for a set up without a lot of (if any) upgrades/aftermarket parts, not planning on dumping a whole lot of mula into the truck.

concerning set-ups, i race at most of the southern California tracks (i.e. Thunder Alley, Revelations, ARC, etc..), just to give an idea of what types of tracks i race on. thx
haha.. yeah you really woke up the dead Pres!

Check www.truggyracers.com I used to check out this forum when i had my LSP there is some pretty good info out there.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Does anyone with an LSP also have a D8 that could check something for me? I'm trying to find out if I can use D8 fr and rr shock towers and shocks on an LSP-R? Using Lightning buggy towers is an upgrade on the LSP, so I figured the D8 may also work. I'm just not sure about he 97mm shocks the stock LSP shocks are 127mm, but the D8 rear tower is lower than the Lightning buggy's.