Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Hot bodies Lightning Stadium 2 Pro >

Hot bodies Lightning Stadium 2 Pro

Hot bodies Lightning Stadium 2 Pro

Old 12-12-2007, 10:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Hot bodies Lightning Stadium 2 Pro

Now the new truggy has arrived i tought i would make i forum where we could show pics, talk about upgrades and setup.....
And just tell what experiences we have and what is working (or not)
Old 12-12-2007, 11:59 AM
Tech Master

Cool idea Thomas, and I've been checking out your posts on some of the other threads and just wanted to thank you on behalf of HB for your positive remarks.

Travis Amezcua will be testing the truggy tomorrow to see how it reacts to certain setup changes. I'll post an update on here as soon as I talk to him.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

That would be nice. Because i think i will be the only one racing this truck here in denmark. So all the help I can get would be very helpfull
Old 12-15-2007, 04:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Here's a link for all to see

http://www.hbeurope.com/kit.php?partNo=66786&lang=en
Old 12-15-2007, 04:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

A Pro Driver in our area has one, it is 6 ounces lighter than a losi. We will see how it performs and holds up in the coming months..
Old 12-19-2007, 08:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Any news on the Travis Amezcua test of the truggy?
Old 12-19-2007, 09:34 AM
Tech Master

Thomas- I apologize for my lack of response. Travis ran the Truggy last friday, but has been in computer classes this week and hasn't been into the office to deliver his report. I'll get some info to you guys as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience,

Jeremy
Old 12-19-2007, 10:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

What about hopup parts.... There isnt to many at the website... Is it the same as the buggy use or?

And do you have some plans of some kind of screw and nut so you dont need to use e-clips... Because thats a pain in the ass

And what about the Center diff mount why isnt that in two pieces, so you dont have to take it all apart to get to the diff.
Old 12-20-2007, 04:33 PM
Tech Master

Hey guys, sorry it took so long to get back to you. I will have to check on the hopup parts; the office will be closed from tomorrow until January 2nd so we've been cleaning stuff up before the break.

I do have some news from Travis. He said that the servo saver spring setting felt far too soft and was preventing the truggy from steering correctly. He ended up cranking his servo saver down to the point that it was completely locked up which greatly improved the steering capability. It should be noted; however, that he gets his servos for free, so my recommendation is to tighten the servo saver until it is all the way locked, and then loosen it 3/4 of a turn. If you're running the stock setting this will greatly improve your handling.

I've also grabbed a truck and will be running it next week during our break. I'll be sure to post any useful information on here in an effort to develop a good race setup.
Old 12-26-2007, 02:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

First track test:

Setup:
Front diff: 5.000
Center diff: 50.000
Rear diff: 3.000

Preload on springs: 10mm on all 4

1 degree negative camper on all 4 wheels

Tyres: GRP

The rest of the car was on factory settings, and the car was going very fast and was easy to drive.
The balance between on-power and off-power was really good, but iam trying to change the oil in the rear diff to 5.000, because it was a bit to loose in the rear.

More to come when i get to the track next time.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:02 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I think there is a recent review of this in RC Driver if I am not mistaken? I think the only complaint with the front stiffener wasn't stiff enough?

When the first series of these vehicles came out I really liked what I saw, and the main thing I would hear as complaints were that they really needed to be stiffened up due to excessive chassis flex. Afterwards, people kind of gravitated to other things as the truggy craze grew.

I am hoping this sparks a renewed interest in the HB line of truggies as I always liked what I saw from them on the track, even against the newer stuff.
Old 12-27-2007, 12:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

I hope so to..... I like what ive seen so fare.... And the first track test was very good.. And i will be racing this truck in the Danish Championship the next season, then we have to see how it performs against HN, Xray and a little bit of Losi trucks
Old 12-27-2007, 12:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Cool, I'm going out to the track with my lightning in a couple hours, I changed the setup on it a little bit so I will have to see how it does on the track.
Old 12-27-2007, 12:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Cool... Plz get back about how it went and what setup you used.... Because all the help i can get about the car would be helpfull against the other brands, so i can beat them
Old 12-28-2007, 07:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Front Springs: Red
Rear Springs: Blue
Front Shock Oil: 50wt
Rear Shock Oil: 50 wt
Front Shck Position (Arm): Outside Hole
Rear Shock Position (Arm): Outside Hole
Tires: Pro-Line Crimefighters on OFNA Offset Wheels
Diffs: 5/30/5

Hopups:
King Headz Ackerman Plate
King Headz Rear Toe In Plate 56mm
King Headz Radio Plate Support Posts
King Headz Front Torque Arm
King Headz Rear Torque Arm
King Headz Rear Torque Arm Mount Blocks

This is probably the best setup that I tried so far, I think the stiffer springs made a huge difference.

Last edited by crazy4wdracer; 01-10-2008 at 02:04 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.