Community
Wiki Posts
Search

looking fora new buggy

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 08:19 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Andrew Smolnik
Our LHS (Local Hobby Shop) Dealers sell the majority of our Matrix Buggies and Truggies to racers that fit the following categories:

Beginner, Novice, Intermediate, Sportsman,

This demographic fits the Matrix cars very well, due to the durability, cost, and ease of use. The car really does handle very well and is easy to set up.

Of course there are expert / pro drivers racing the Matrix as well.

Because CEN Racing manufactures all of their own product, they are able to offer their dealers a higher profit margin, WITHOUT jepordizing the quality of the product.

As thewholeyearinn stated, generally cheaper product is cheaper for a reason. This is not the case with CEN. Being a new company, CEN has grown into a well known brand that offers quality products at an affordable price.

CEN owns a manufacturing plant? cool.... Where is it located? how many CEN employees are there that do the molding, machining, packaging, forklift driving and the like? Just curious, that is pretty sweet!
Old 11-28-2007, 08:25 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Andrew Smolnik
Our LHS (Local Hobby Shop) Dealers sell the majority of our Matrix Buggies and Truggies to racers that fit the following categories:

Beginner, Novice, Intermediate, Sportsman,

This demographic fits the Matrix cars very well, due to the durability, cost, and ease of use. The car really does handle very well and is easy to set up.

Of course there are expert / pro drivers racing the Matrix as well.

Because CEN Racing manufactures all of their own product, they are able to offer their dealers a higher profit margin, WITHOUT jepordizing the quality of the product.

As thewholeyearinn stated, generally cheaper product is cheaper for a reason. This is not the case with CEN. Being a new company, CEN has grown into a well known brand that offers quality products at an affordable price.
its always cool to get insight from the company's key drivers. I challenge you guys, the pros, to drive continuous improvement at the highly visible national and international races and put our sport on the map!
Old 11-28-2007, 08:27 PM
Tech Adept

Andrew, what I really am looking for is, is the CEN manufacturing plant 1, owned by CEN Racing, and 2 is it in the U.S. or is it in mexico, taiwan, malaysia or china?
Old 11-28-2007, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thewholeyearinn
yep this is why i DO NOT shop at my LHS!!!!!! im not gonna have a shop owner dictate to me what im should and should not be running cause of his bias opinions...besides mugen im not to interested in anything else, and the funny thing is my LHS says mugen is junk...and to buy crap like the ofna 9.5 and low end rtr's like that, cause thats what they carry...no wonder why i call them hobby clown!!!!!

sorry, your local hobby shop owner sounds uninformed. there is probably a financial reason he bashes mugen (or at least a perceived financial reason). The profit margin on ofna stuff is a little better than mugen, but not much. Generally that is the case in the local hobby shop business. The less expensive, lower quality stuff has a higher profit margin. Now the catch is, if you push that stuff, you are likely to have un-satisified customers, so is the profit margin really higher, in the long run, if you take into account the financial impact of customer satisfaction????

Sorry to hear you local hobby shop has not satisified you. I don't really "push" any one brand when I'm in the shop, even though in the 1/8th scale world, which is mostly what i run, I am a hands down mugen FAN - personal opinion. I generally try to ascertain a person's level of income, committment to racing vs. bashing, and if they have at least some experience with racing, i try to get a feel for their driving style, then recommed at least two, mostly three buggies to choose from. Then I give them my OPINION, and i stress that it is my OPINION, regarding my experience with owning the buggies that I recommended. Then I usually give them some free RC Car Action Mags or Extreme RC mags to read other people's opinions too.
now this is much better, so im gonna take your first few post were fueled by a bad day (we all have them), now im finding you to be a very helpful with the information and knowledge you have...im also a huge mugen fan, but have owned most all of the top end pro buggies, so i do have a good base to gauge why i like the mugen so much...
Old 11-29-2007, 07:20 AM
Tech Adept

I'm with you Jason, every time i sell an mbx buggy to get another top end buggy, within a month I'm left wandering why I ever switched. We are racing indoor carpet in Altoona, PA right now and I'm running a losi JRSX Type R, but i just got a brand spankin MBX5R Built with a brand new RB WS7III and RB pipe, breaking the engine in over the winter and I'm stickin with mugen for the entire 08 summer outdoor offroad season. I can't wait for the next generation mugen buggy. Mugen racing told me on the phone they are looking at mid to late summer 08, we'll see. Anyone else have any news about the new mugen buggy?
Old 11-29-2007, 08:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default My Hyper 8 Review From a While Back...

FYI ~ here's a review of the Hyper 8 I did a long time ago, prior to the new parts coming out and ultimately the Hyper 8.5 version with those parts...

http://www.twf8.ws/reviews/index.php?p=212

Additional evidence (Anecdotal, admittedly) that Hyper 8.5 Pro has decent parts quality:
www.18special.com race report

1.- Dani Vega – Carlos Pineda MUGEN/NINJA 508 5:00:40.207
2.- Alex Calatayud – Gerard Roig X-Ray/Mega 502 5:00:23.572
3.- Salmeron – Rubén Barranco Hobao 500 5:00:24.826
4.- Borja Hernández – Ignacio Oliva Hobao 491 5:00:14.154
5.- Alejandro Candel – Ignacio Candel Nanda 488 5:00:41.067
6.- Alex – Emilio Bennasar OCM 457 5:00:40.331
7.- Ángel – Javier Vicente MUGEN 445 4:58:48.837
8.- J.J – Mateo Andreu NANDA 439 5:00:11.615
9.- Cesar Gil – Rafa KYOSHO 424 4:54:47.986
10.-Vicente Muela Albert Nav. Andres Mar Hobao 406 5:00:07.920

Completing 500 laps in an endurance event is pretty decent performance, if you ask me. The top three Ho Bao cars AVERAGED 466 laps in a race that was won with 508 laps... Note that there 3 Ho Baos in the top 10, all of them completing over 406 laps... Anecdotally speaking, Ho Bao represented well in this race, I'd say...

Last edited by rabidsquirrel; 11-29-2007 at 10:58 AM.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

just got the rc8 today from ultimate hobbies...

hope i didn't make a wrong choice swithing from the xray....

2 cents...
Old 12-02-2007, 02:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

hyper 8.5 pro kit would be my dream buggy
Old 12-02-2007, 02:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Maikaitan
just got the rc8 today from ultimate hobbies...

hope i didn't make a wrong choice swithing from the xray....

2 cents...
i myself would have stuck with the exray the fit and finish is much better with the xray...im not a big fan of the AE buggy, its seems like there was a lack of R&D done...
Old 12-02-2007, 02:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by thewholeyearinn
I'm with you Jason, every time i sell an mbx buggy to get another top end buggy, within a month I'm left wandering why I ever switched. We are racing indoor carpet in Altoona, PA right now and I'm running a losi JRSX Type R, but i just got a brand spankin MBX5R Built with a brand new RB WS7III and RB pipe, breaking the engine in over the winter and I'm stickin with mugen for the entire 08 summer outdoor offroad season. I can't wait for the next generation mugen buggy. Mugen racing told me on the phone they are looking at mid to late summer 08, we'll see. Anyone else have any news about the new mugen buggy?
i ran the same buggy/engine combo for awhile and i can say your gonna be very happy with it, however im loving my Go engines in my Mugens, best engines ive owned yet and i have alot of them...as for the MBX6 the only thing i know is that im not gonna run anything but the 5R untill the 6 is out...