Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Is there anything badder than a Nitro Truggy? >

Is there anything badder than a Nitro Truggy?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is there anything badder than a Nitro Truggy?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drew Manzella
Truggies don't do anything for me. Too easy to drive and too forgiving.

You want bad-ass try driving a full race-built 8th scale onroad around a go kart track.
i see what you saying, but on road dont do anything for me...NO DIRT!!!!
Old 11-20-2007, 08:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Now it sounds like you are just talking about fast being exciting. Run full brushless mod 6 cell 1/12 scale or open 1/10 pan car. On the same track they will outrun a 1/8th nitro without the use of a second gear.
There is a reason they cancelled that class. No one could drive them!

Now that is fun to watch!

I aggree that truggies are the baddest of the bunch. They do beat the hell out of each other.

TEX
Old 11-20-2007, 08:46 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jason Halvorson
oh come on Jason, onroad serves its pupouse....

GETTING TO THE OFFROAD TRACK!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-20-2007, 09:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

i prefer to watch buggy racing, when its good clean drivers its like watching a doctor perform surgery, unlike alot of the butchers driving truggies...however i do race both bug and trug, just prefer buggy...
Truggy racing is fun. I raced Truggy for a year. But way to often it is a bunch of MT guys that think they can race and it just ruins it for the "Real Racers". I only drive buggy now.
Not to be a broken record here but....
If you think Rubbin' Is Racing.... Your a HACK!
Old 11-20-2007, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JeremyS
oh come on Jason, onroad serves its pupouse....

GETTING TO THE OFFROAD TRACK!!!!!!!!!!
hey i doent mind driving on dirt roads to get to the dirt track...
Old 11-20-2007, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tdeal823
If you think Rubbin' Is Racing.... Your a HACK!
+1
Old 11-20-2007, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by badaml
Lol, the aggressive racing attitude of truggy racing is what I like. Seeing a bunch of nitro burning, tire spinning, smoke belching machines tearing down a straight or over a jump, where only the baddest survive lol.......my type of racing.
In racing your supposed to avoid the drivers. In this sport, yes it will happen, but its no fun racing and getting sideswiped or getting taken out from behind because the other driver didn't want to use the brakes. A good racer is defined by clean lines, racing etiquette and being consistent while being fast at the same time. Most guys just don't want to practice driving around the other vehicles rather than through them. Also, you'll spend less money on parts if you hit less people and vice versa. Its just the attitude that most truggy drivers have that racing is defined by who gets the luckiest in a shoving match that really really really irks me.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Glad to see you have no diversity.

Drew - Whose 4WD buggies sit on the shelf right next to the 12th scale pan car and 10th scale touring cars
Old 11-20-2007, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Drew Manzella
Glad to see you have no diversity.

Drew - Whose 4WD buggies sit on the shelf right next to the 12th scale pan car and 10th scale touring cars
i would try on road, but there is non in my area...
Old 11-20-2007, 10:16 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I agree on the corner marshalling thing. I caught a truggy to the face at the last big race. Was almost knocked off of my feet. Head was ringing for the rest of the day and into the next. Seems the guys when they run truggy just brutalize the vehicles around the track. Just punch it and hope it goes around.

I like the truggies for a dual duty vehicle when I had one, gave me my monster feel but still race capable.

I'll probably do a truggy for next year, pick up an MBX5T and make it electric like my MBX5 is and be able to actual hear someone when I am driving it without them yelling right at me

Jason, I think you could like onroad if there were a nice sized track for it. A real fun thing we did in connecticut was carpet racing with jumps using 1/10 scale 19T buggies. Using those bmx black jumps, man you could get some air, and no need to blow off the dirt. Was quite fun.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

i would try on road, but there is non in my area...
Which is a valid reason. "No dirt" isn't. Having driven both onroad and offroad I can tell you that offroad requires no more skill than onroad. No really. It doesn't. Offroad is different in the sense that it is 3 dimensional whereas onroad is only 2D BUT offroad, over the course of a race, requires a lot less precision.

In big races I would SWEAT when I was running 12th scale modified. I have never even gotten jittery racing offroad.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:22 PM
Tech Elite

I was reading some of these post. Going back to the topic, I think the baddest thing out there is the Truggy. I have a pure on road background 1/10 and 1/8. I love my on road cars! But if you can immagine the brute force and speed of a Truggy getting airtime while a pack of truggys are chasing it... that is a beautiful sight to see! I do love the 8th scale on road. Nothing is faster in the RC world, but take that brute speed and add another dimention to it.. That is why last year my on roads had very little time on them. I have never come off the drivers stand mad this season while drivning off road!
Old 11-20-2007, 12:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I love any kind of racing, as long as it's not a long sequence of same-handed turns!

I race 1:1 on-road motorcycles (2002 Yamaha YZF-R1 in WERA). It may quite well be the most addicting thing known to mankind! When I'm more or less too broke to do it every other weekend, I start racing off-road buggies. This year, I'm racing buggies only. Probably going to be the same situation next year as well, but who knows?

Anyhow, I agree that Truggies WOULD be the most exciting class if it didn't devolve into a hack-fest cage-match at any given track. Sadly, this almost always seems to happen at the races I've observed.

I also agree that buggy racing CAN be as bad at times, but it seems to happen less frequently... I think that because buggies aren't nearly as forgiving, hackers fade to the back of the pack quick and do not progress to the higher 'Mains'...

I love my buggy, but I am OBSESSED with my motorcycle!

Old 11-20-2007, 01:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by joe of loath
the baja is for bashing on HUGE tracks. its not up to racing on 1/8 or 1/10 tracks.
yeah, i went and watched some bajas 5b on youtube... theyre nice, but they actually dont go that fast.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dRXuVvxHaqM

that guy has his baja 5b floored for like 30 seconds... and it doesnt go that fast, maybe cuz its in sand, but i take back my comment, bajas ARE NOT faster then buggies/truggies... especially now that i see my LRP .28 rip, it goes wwaaaayyy faster that that buys baja 5b being WOT, and im just breaking mine in!
Old 11-20-2007, 02:30 PM
Tech Elite

Yes, but the Baja 5B is a totally different class. I would actually enjoy racing a Baja if there were enough people that wanted to race them.

Actually, I really enjoy watching 2wd stadium truck racing, as I used to race one, they require MUCH more throttle control and counter steering than these easy 4wd vehicles. Although I sold mine due to a lack of racers who wanted to run locally. I do enjoy the 8th scale durability however.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.