Pit Box - What is everybody using?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pit Box - What is everybody using?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ehartman_49348
I built my own pit box out of wood. Completely customizeable the way you like it. Compartments for parts, tools, fuel, radio, etc.... It's a little heavy, but really convenient as everything is right there. I built my with a flip open lid that doubles as a work table...

Edwin
You think like I do.

I'm jealous of the folks that have a trailer...

I've been talking to the guys about building us a "race trailer." Toolboxes and storage built in, and sides that can be raised to make a shade, with workbenches that fold down also. Small air compressor, generator, and maybe a "swamp cooler" to blow cool air on us. Not sure if we will do it, but the idea is entertaining... and it is an excuse to play with power tools.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Here's our "race trailer":

:P
Attached Thumbnails Pit Box - What is everybody using?-toter.jpg  
Old 11-16-2007, 10:37 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Drew Manzella
Here's our "race trailer":

:P
well wouldn't that be nice!!!!!! wow....thats big time rc there!!! lol
Old 11-16-2007, 10:54 AM
Tech Master

It isn't my rig nor is it for RC. I can tell you this much - if I had enough money to afford a rig like that I can guarantee you I wouldn't be racing RC cars.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:56 PM
Tech Adept

omg we have to have some inside shotsa of that rig
Old 11-16-2007, 01:14 PM
Tech Master

Don't really have any inside shots. I did find a handful of other exterior shots though.

Not much time to take pictures during a race weekend.

I'll try to remember to snap a few of the inside in a couple weeks.
Attached Thumbnails Pit Box - What is everybody using?-toter2.jpg   Pit Box - What is everybody using?-toter3.jpg   Pit Box - What is everybody using?-toter4.jpg  
Old 11-16-2007, 01:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

This is what I use. I like that it breaks down into 3 boxes and the handle comes off for easy placement in any car. http://www.stanleytools.com/default....lling+Workshop

I even used an old sofa cushion to make a padded area for my radio on top with oils and my charger next to that. Middle drawer for parts bins. Bottom for starter box, spare tires, a little tool box, motor spray, and Simple Green.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Im useing the Stanley 3 peice metal tool box it has lots of dwars to put parts in and fits all of my stuff except my buggy
Old 11-16-2007, 08:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Yeah, I use to carry everything in a bunch of boxes from my garage to the trunk of my car. Once at the track take everything out of the trunk and set it up. After racing, tear everything down and put it back in the trunk. Drive home and take everything out of the trunk and put back into the garage. Jeez, I am tired just thinking of it. Now I just back in my trailer and disconnect. I have a 7 x 16' with A/C, counters, shelves, refrigerator, microwave, Satellite and T.V., radio, generator, compressor, 12v and 110v power throughout and even a hot dog and hamburger machine. I really enjoy racing now. Best part is that if it rains suddenly, none of my stuff gets wet. Life is sweet.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by d4man
Pictures?
I will try to take some today and post them. I will be converting my MX trailer into an RC trailer this winter. Nothing special, just some workbenches, generator and a compressor and a lot of storage!
Old 11-17-2007, 05:30 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jason Halvorson
i use a paintball gear bag, its a roller bad...i just put all my spares in and what not into orginizer trays and labled zip lock bags and everything is neatly tucked away in one place...oh and i use one small tool box for all my tools...

Which Paintball bag do you use? I play Paintball myself...
Old 11-17-2007, 05:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I had time earlier than I thought. Here are some pictures of my pit box.
Attached Thumbnails Pit Box - What is everybody using?-p1000763.jpg   Pit Box - What is everybody using?-p1000764.jpg   Pit Box - What is everybody using?-p1000765.jpg  
Old 11-17-2007, 09:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ehartman_49348
I had time earlier than I thought. Here are some pictures of my pit box.
Wow, that brings back memories, lol. Back when I started racing in the late 80's most everyone at my local track had some kind of home made, big plywood pit box. This thing was built by me and my dad when I was 12 or 13 years old, I'd load my JRX2, radio, batteries, charger and everything else R/C I owned into it and had my mom haul me out to the track, lol. As a kid, I could bearly lift the thing when it was loaded and had to waddle my way out to the car, That box has LONG been retired to the closet and I prefer my Team Magic F8 Hauler bag now, along with about 3 big rubbermaid tubs to haul all the other crap, LOL. I run to many classes
Attached Thumbnails Pit Box - What is everybody using?-100_1213.jpg  
Old 11-17-2007, 10:27 AM
Tech Elite

Yeah, I used to have one of those too. Mine was so big it took 2 people to lift. Has a flourescent light in it, a shelf for chargers with intake fans, tool rack. It got to where it was too much of a pain in the butt to use. So I got a little plano tackle box and a Race Prep bag.

Now, I use a TM F10 bag. A little smaller than the F8 but just as handy. These new hauler bags are just so convenient I can't imagine going back to something else.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

It's not a pit bag but a diaper bag.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...odID=LOSA99008. Would anyone user this?
Attached Thumbnails Pit Box - What is everybody using?-losa99008-250.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.