Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Pit Box - What is everybody using? >

Pit Box - What is everybody using?

Pit Box - What is everybody using?

Old 11-15-2007, 08:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default Pit Box - What is everybody using?

I am tired of loading a bunch of tackle boxes every week. I'd like to get something bigger that I can fit everything into. What are you all using?
Old 11-15-2007, 09:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drew Manzella
I am tired of loading a bunch of tackle boxes every week. I'd like to get something bigger that I can fit everything into. What are you all using?
i use a paintball gear bag, its a roller bad...i just put all my spares in and what not into orginizer trays and labled zip lock bags and everything is neatly tucked away in one place...oh and i use one small tool box for all my tools...
Old 11-15-2007, 09:07 PM
Tech Elite

I use the good old basic Ofna carry all bag/hauler. It works pretty well. $90.00
Old 11-15-2007, 09:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (99%+)

Team Magic Hauler bag.....expensive but worth it IMO

Old 11-15-2007, 09:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hands down the best I've used, and seen at the different tracks. And its Airline proof.....

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/3853
Old 11-15-2007, 09:17 PM
Tech Addict

LOL pwnzor

Beat me to it...
Old 11-15-2007, 10:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Team Magic F8 bag also...well 2 of them. They are pretty sweet.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:52 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by pwnzor
Team Magic Hauler bag.....expensive but worth it IMO

That is a kick ass bag there..........
Old 11-16-2007, 07:44 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

I use a plastic toolbox with wheels and a pull-out handle, from Home Depot. Sorry, forgot what brand. Strong enough to sit on. Inside I carry some divided trays for parts. It will hold my starter box, charger, stand, spare parts, fuel bottle, a couple sets of tires, and tools. I keep the car and gallon bottles of fuel separate, and I have a gym bag full of tires/wheels.

Those boxes are nice (plastic boxes instead of cardboard) but $170? Give me a break. There's like $10 worth of material there! Besides, I think they are too tall to fit under the tonneau cover on the back of a truck.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DOMIT
I use a plastic toolbox with wheels and a pull-out handle, from Home Depot. Sorry, forgot what brand. Strong enough to sit on. Inside I carry some divided trays for parts. It will hold my starter box, charger, stand, spare parts, fuel bottle, a couple sets of tires, and tools. I keep the car and gallon bottles of fuel separate, and I have a gym bag full of tires/wheels.

Those boxes are nice (plastic boxes instead of cardboard) but $170? Give me a break. There's like $10 worth of material there! Besides, I think they are too tall to fit under the tonneau cover on the back of a truck.
Haha!

For some reason I KNEW that your "solution" would be right inline with what I am looking for. I agree that those bags are nice but I can spend $200 on a bunch more worthwhile things (like big bore shocks).

Home Depot/Lowes have 2 rolling boxes. One is $30 and pretty cheap. The other is $80 and has 3 levels that roll out into its own stand (Stanley Fatmax 4 in1).

I prefer the $80 one but to be honest - I don't think it provides $50 worth of functionality over the $30 one. Realistically neither is ideal in itself.

I may take a run to Harbor Freight tomorrow and see if they have anything.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (99%+)

I got mine lightly used for $110.........great investment IMO, each drawer has its own specified contents, so I know right where to go for something if need be quickly
Old 11-16-2007, 08:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I'm using the same one as pwnzor. I love it, although it is a big heavy box to tote around.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I built my own pit box out of wood. Completely customizeable the way you like it. Compartments for parts, tools, fuel, radio, etc.... It's a little heavy, but really convenient as everything is right there. I built my with a flip open lid that doubles as a work table...

Edwin
Old 11-16-2007, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Originally Posted by Drew Manzella
Haha!

For some reason I KNEW that your "solution" would be right inline with what I am looking for. I agree that those bags are nice but I can spend $200 on a bunch more worthwhile things (like big bore shocks).

Home Depot/Lowes have 2 rolling boxes. One is $30 and pretty cheap. The other is $80 and has 3 levels that roll out into its own stand (Stanley Fatmax 4 in1).

I prefer the $80 one but to be honest - I don't think it provides $50 worth of functionality over the $30 one. Realistically neither is ideal in itself.

I may take a run to Harbor Freight tomorrow and see if they have anything.
Plan another $20-25 for the divided trays to keep everything in. A bigger box would be nice, but they're too tall for our purposes... we like to load the truck with the tonneau still on so nobody can see what's in there.

On the Austin trip we had 2 toolboxes, 2 tables, several chairs, 2 tents, 2 sleeping bags, another big "rubbermaid" box, big fan, electrical "reel" cord, 2 cars, 4 gallons of fuel, 2 ice chests, 2 air mattresses (the big ones, take up about as much room as a tent when deflated) 2 "gym bags" of tires, and various other stuff... all in the back of a short, narrow-bed pickup with the tarp on it. (We pack military style!) Our toolboxes were chosen to be easy to handle and to fit under that tarp. If you don't care about the tarp a bigger one would serve you better.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ehartman_49348
I built my own pit box out of wood. Completely customizeable the way you like it. Compartments for parts, tools, fuel, radio, etc.... It's a little heavy, but really convenient as everything is right there. I built my with a flip open lid that doubles as a work table...

Edwin
Pictures?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.