HIGH DOWN FORCE WINGS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HIGH DOWN FORCE WINGS

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 05:58 PM
Tech Adept

It's just a question of knowing what wing to choose acording to track conditions. Sometimes you'll need a HD wing, others not so much down force.

Still, the theme on this thread is in the case you need a HD wing, witch is better??
Old 12-06-2007, 08:10 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DR ZAIRUS
It's just a question of knowing what wing to choose acording to track conditions. Sometimes you'll need a HD wing, others not so much down force.

Still, the theme on this thread is in the case you need a HD wing, witch is better??
I like the Proline personally... not because I think it does a better job of providing downforce (although it is better than some) but because it is tough. I can break darned near anything... my wing takes a beating, and after nearly a full season the center support finally cracked loose- but the wing still is ok. Captain Crash tested and approved.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:08 AM
Tech Regular

DR ZAIRUS,

I apologize for talking about a non HD Wing. haha.

I did state which HD wing I prefer.
Old 12-07-2007, 03:35 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Turbine_au
The team cobra wings just look like the himoto wing with shallower scooped out bits on the edge.

My wing has held up fairly well considering the way I tend to land jumps.
yeah its just a copy with some basic changes ..
Old 12-08-2007, 12:53 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MassiveMods
Do you guys know who designed the himoto wing ?
Old 12-08-2007, 01:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MassiveMods
well well well Mr massive mods has spoken with no facts whatsover.Keep up the good Work Mr mods love your posts.

Fancy you saying that the cobra wing is a copy of the Himoto well your right 100% with extra fins right but do you know who designed the Himoto wing????

The Himoto wing was designed By me and Ian haley in china and the design was completed in one day .I was also the one who got it through Ifmar for the world titles in 2006 jakarta While everyone else was sitting around twigling there thumbs .

Everyone wants to know the truth yes we designed the wing it had nothing to do with himoto racing just the sad part was that Ian's name was put on the wing and never received a penny for it we did it as a favour for himoto and got shafted.
I blame myself for this because i have my own tire molds and i should have made it for us but we thought it was a good gesture since Ian signed with himoto back then that we would do somthing in return to thank them.

My business partner at the time Graham told me that what i did was the biggest mistake i ever made but you live and learn.

So there you go the revolution of the high down force wing was Myself Angelo and Ian Haley no one else.Haley with the Idea and me with the cad and aerodynamic features

if anyone has any questions please feel free to ask .

regards Angelo

Last edited by COBRARACING; 12-08-2007 at 01:43 AM.
Old 12-08-2007, 03:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (99%+)

Proline Racing Accessories..........nuff said
Old 12-08-2007, 01:52 PM
Tech Elite

yes proline make good stuff but so does J concepts,Grp and others .
It means with companies around like the above mentioned even cobra bring competition into the market this way it makes your racing more affordable .
If you only had one brand to choose from you would be paying $100 for a pair of tyres.
Old 12-08-2007, 02:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
yes proline make good stuff but so does J concepts,Grp and others .
It means with companies around like the above mentioned even cobra bring competition into the market this way it makes your racing more affordable .
If you only had one brand to choose from you would be paying $100 for a pair of tyres.
i agree more co.'s makes better prices for all of us...
Old 12-08-2007, 03:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default cobra wing

Without question, the more Co's will make for better prices.more R&D and better products. I bought one of the Cobra wings and like it very much. I have an xb8tq. The wing makes my buggy very stable in and out of corners and excellent control over jumps. Would not trade it for the world. Thanks Team Cobra !!!!!!

When will Amain or Bmain Hobbies carry Team Cobra products? (Tires and wheels) is what I am looking for. Or should I order from Raceday Hobbies where I got the wing. Did I mention that Cobra makes a great wing.

Neil
Old 12-08-2007, 04:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

So there you go the revolution of the high down force wing was Myself Angelo and Ian Haley no one else
ROLF LMAO Team Crowbar Racing No 1
Old 12-08-2007, 04:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pwnzor
Proline Racing Accessories..........nuff said
iF YOU WANT THE BESTS FORGET THE REST PROLINE RACING AMEN TO THAT
Old 12-08-2007, 05:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I use my wing to absorb my stacks from bad driving.
Comparing speed to a 1:1 car is stupid.
Tried Ofna wing, Proline wing, Himoto wings and you know what i found, NO Difference.
Most of these buggys dont even go fast enough to utalise downforce.
Its all bling.
The only time it would have effect is over a main straight jump for stability or on a fast sweeping corner.
Dont kid yourselfs.

Coming from the Drag Racing scene to Nitro RC i would say i know a little about aerodynamics.

RC Buggys are realy not fast enough to warrent this thread, but i enjoyed the mud slinging, grow up.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:34 PM
Nik
Tech Regular

I think these buggys go fast enough to utilize downforce. I could tell the difference between a standard proline wing a the high downforce one anyways.

And if you think the only time you would notice the effect from a wing would be from a big jump or sweeping corner, you should try to do a lap with out a wing at all!

Just like transponders. On company makes 'em and they can charge whatever they want.

Last edited by Nik; 12-08-2007 at 10:00 PM.
Old 12-08-2007, 11:53 PM
Tech Adept

I do notice that the downforce will help the buggy's handling from a certain speed and during jumps. Before that speed is reached, handling of the buggy will be dictated by its "suspension setup".
I'm interested in a brand/type of wing which will not bent that easyly if by accidents you did not manage to keep the shiny side up ;-)
Any idea? Tried already the Himoto, Ofna and JConcepts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.