Community
Wiki Posts
Search

hot bodies lightning thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 12:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Has anyone else had problems with the steering knuckle screws? For some reason, they just won't go in right, and keep falling out during races. I've gone through a couple of sets of the steering screws/collars, plus a new knuckle, and the big thing I notice is that with the collar in, the bottom screw on the right knuckle won't go in all the way. This only ever happens on the right side. Any help?

(Sorry for the huge bump)
Old 07-15-2009, 01:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

its been a while since ive worked on my lightning, but all i can think of it to make sure there is no loctite in the threads in the hole.

PS: Cowboy Bebop rules!
Old 07-15-2009, 02:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

haha thanks. It's a new knuckle i'm trying to install, so there's definitely no loctite. It actually feels like the bottomw screw isn't picking up the threads in the knuckle when the collar is installed. Maybe i'll just ditch the collar or something.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Hey guys, I'm looking for a Lightning 2 pro or Lightning 2 pro evo buggy parts car or complete roller.

Let me know what you have.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Picked up a lightning yesterday on a whim. $250 with starter box, super hot shot 2, dynamtie tools, 2 trx/rx's, roto start, some misc oils, batteries.
Ran it up and down the street. My first Truggy drive. Great handling. Hope to track it up today.
Havent even checked aboput parts availabolity. Hoepfully Amain carries stuff. As of now, needs nothin.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default lightning stadium pro

ok guys i have read most of the posts and what i am after is a body that will fit this truggy i am looking at the bulldog by proline that fits the DV8 will this fit this old beast or not
Old 03-21-2012, 11:34 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by jasoncollins
ok guys i have read most of the posts and what i am after is a body that will fit this truggy i am looking at the bulldog by proline that fits the DV8 will this fit this old beast or not
It might work if you can get the d8 mud gaurds on there... D8 body will bulge out if not... as the lightning is wider at its midpoint...