Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OCM KAOS DOMINATING

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 03:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hmm I guess I decided to get somethign new at a bad time, I dont really want a non factory kit, but I dont want to wait until the fall for a buggy....

what would the factory kit bring and are those parts out now so I can upgrade the evo kit?

also the evo kit has the big bore shocks already doesnt it?
Old 05-14-2008, 09:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcrevolution
hmm I guess I decided to get somethign new at a bad time, I dont really want a non factory kit, but I dont want to wait until the fall for a buggy....

what would the factory kit bring and are those parts out now so I can upgrade the evo kit?

also the evo kit has the big bore shocks already doesnt it?
Not sure on the factory kit, but have you driven or saw the current car in person ? I think it is very competative. What area do you race in ?
Old 05-15-2008, 04:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well I just got my OCM order in and all I can say is IMO there is nothing out there that can compare to the quality of the OCM. It is just amazing. I have owned many RC's and Alan Burton is making sure they are the $h1T!!! I have seen the X-ray buggies and even that is not comparable. Now I am just talking about the looks of the buggy and how it is built. I have not ran it yet and that may be a different story but until I run my personal one I cannot say. There is nothing on there that needs upgrading. Congrats to OCM. All people have to do is get a chance to see one in person. I was very skeptical this whole time waiting for my order and never seeing one in person but it 100% built to race! I love my Caster ZX1-R and think it is on par with the Mugen MBX5T as far as quality but this is a couple steps above that!
Old 05-15-2008, 05:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Remember that there is NO oil in the diffs...just grease. And none in the shocks.
Old 05-15-2008, 05:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by skeller
Remember that there is NO oil in the diffs...just grease. And none in the shocks.
Thanks for the info. I was checking it over and it felt like there was not fluids in the shocks. I cannot wait to get my used on I got off ebay to use as a demo for people and get that running to see how it runs! I cannot get over the fact that everything is captured, EVERYTHING! and using spring steel too for the price these things go for. Even the body is thick and comes with good tires too.
Old 05-15-2008, 05:42 PM
Tech Master

Did you get one from rc pro center on e-bay?
Old 05-15-2008, 05:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by skeller
Did you get one from rc pro center on e-bay?
No I got it from a private seller. I heard about rc pro center not having good stuff and selling stuff that was supposed to be sent back or something.
Old 05-15-2008, 05:47 PM
Tech Master

Just checking.
Old 05-16-2008, 07:22 AM
Tech Initiate

I bought the new OCM Kaos DT-19 Evo and put it to the test. (rating out of 10)

Durability :: 9 --- 100+ laps on my local track (total of 12 jumps on the track, ranging from 1m to 5m) i broke a steering tie rod end, hinge pin (didnt even fall out when it snapped right in the middle of the arm and i didnt know it was broken until i pulled it apart for maintenance) and the screw that holds the shock to the shocktower.

The only reason it broke is because i made a mistake on the back jump which is the highest jump at my track and landed on 1 wheel, otherwise, at full speed on every jump landing on all fours with huge impact and it kept going no worries.

Handling :: 9 --- Once you find the right setup for the track, it handles like a dream, but finding the right setup takes time.

Price :: 9 --- what can i say? See for yourself.

I had an EB4 S3 Pro and Caster ZX-1 Pro before this and the OCM is so much better.
Old 05-19-2008, 01:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

awesome guys! We have tried very hard to grow this company and improve upon our product. I know at times it may seem slow or far fetched but I just look at a first gen buggy I keep as a reminder OCM has really made GIANT steps to this point.

Thanks again!

AB
Team OCM USA
Old 05-19-2008, 01:34 PM
Tech Elite

rc revolution...I know, it should not be long but I am working on all the fine details. One thing is a positive...if you purchase the current pro level kit you can easily and cheaply upgrade to a Factory model once released.
Old 05-19-2008, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

well guys, We just made it back from the RC PRO SERIES EAST round # 2 in Sumter South Carolina. I'll say this up front...two things happened at very crucial times. Battery died, and airfilter came off ruining my wonderful OCM REDLINE .21. lol.

I started 4th in truggy and 4th in buggy for the event. When the horn sounded for the truggy start I was able to quickly put 20 seconds on some of the regions hottest truggy racers. My truck felt really good. Round #1 tq and winner Brandon Cutchins dropped out early and left Gene Hickerson pushing hard for a late race battle. At the 30 minute mark I ran out of fuel but managed to come out only 10-15 seconds behind gene in 2nd. I felt like with a couple mistakes I would have had the opportunity to battle for the top spot but with only 4 minutes to go my rx battery let go

All in all the truck was solid and very fast.

In buggy it was in a way the same thing except I was chasing Gene for 25 minutes of the 45 minute main event. Suddenly the engine stopped and we noticed the filter had came off The track was very rough and fast but I was happy the buggy did well and was a contender for the win. I now have to break in another engine, and start the process all over again

Till the next time!

Also...we had a redline powered xray take the tq and win in the intermediate buggy class. It looked great all weekend long.
Old 05-19-2008, 01:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (92%+)

alan can you post your recent setup, or email me
Old 05-19-2008, 06:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Alan,

We traveled to Arkansas this weekend for Round 2 of the Arkansas R/C
Series. The track was very fast with dry surface conditions. First
heat I experianced an intermittent problem with the car loosing
throttle. I changed the throttle servo and seemed to be good. Second
heat the car did it again once we hit the track for warm-up laps. Then
we changed the on/off switch thinking that was it. I tried it out and
all looked good. Third heat it started again out of the blue in the
middle of the run. Finally, I found out the problem was a regulator
kicking in and out for the battery.

This put me in the C-main, which I bumped and the OCM really felt
good for me. At the start of the B-Main I moved from 12th to 4th and
then moved into the lead at the first half of the race. With a 8
second lead over second, I landed off of the double and it sounded
like the clutch let go. I pulled into the pits to find out the motor
had moved which let the gear mesh suffer. Normally, I would have gone
over the car, just wasn't any time between the C and B. I really was
pumped that the car was turning fast laps for me. Can't wait to the
next race now that the electrical gremlins have been sought out. This
was a very good event, with a nice turnout.
Old 05-20-2008, 02:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

I really love how adjustable this buggy is. I was wondering if any could post or provide alink of what each insert spot does and how changing it affects the car. I would be more confident making changes if I had an idea of what will happen. For instance. If I go higher or lower on the anti squat, what will it change in hadling? Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.