Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree23Likes

Kyosho ST-RR

Hide Wikipost
Old 10-19-2017, 10:14 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Kyosho ST-RR
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
Current running upgrades/Mods people are doing to this truck late 2016/early 2017.

-Chassis Options
m2c2850 KYOSHO STRR EVO WEIGHT FOWARD TRUGGY

-Engine Mount Option
IFW102 - Blue narrower Mount. Allows you to put Lock Nuts on top of screws that hold the Mount plates in.
Agama motor mount AGM6206

-For MP9 Knuckle conversion
Kyosho IF419 MP9 Knuckles
Kyosho IFW436 16degree Hub Carrier
Kyosho IF420 Knuckle Arm Collar (slightly thinner than STRR one)
Kyosho IF467 Long King Pin

-Strengthening upgrades
King Headz KP-360-BLK Front Torque Arm
King Headz KP-372RR-BLK Rear Torque Arm (extended chassis)
King Headz KP-300LB-BLK Lower Front Holder ‘B’
King Headz KP-300UL-BLK Front Upper Holder ‘L’
King Headz KP-329 Rear Brace Mount
IS157 Hardened Diff Case from Psycho Kruiser
IGW002GM Alum Rear Hubs
HB Outdrives #67197

-Replacing C-Clip Hinge Pins on Inner Susp Holder
HPI 109848 Hing Pins
Racers Edge/KFactory RCEK8034 Pins (Very hard to find)
or
Replace complete A/B/C/D Blocks with:
*M2C m2c2510 KYOSHO ST-RR/ EVO REAR TOE BLOCK
*M2C m2c2520 KYOSHO STRR EVO TRUGGY FRONT LOWER ANTIDIVER KIT

-Servo Saver Mod
IFW450 MP9 SS Alum Upper Arm
IF417 MP9 SS Lower Assembly

(See http://www.rctech.net/forum/showpost...postcount=4112 for full pics and description).

-Performance Updates
IFW327BL Blue Narrow Hexes (typically run on front).

-Bodies Options
RC8T Bulldog Body (discontinued late 2016).

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 04:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Anybody ever replace the driveshaft pins when they get wore or do you have to replace the whole driveshaft. Was wondering if the x-ray pins and tool would work?
Old 11-12-2008, 07:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by derek_18mt
are any of these .21's powerfull enough for the st-rr, if not what .28 that wont suck gas like crazy, under 180
Derek, I can't recommend any of the engines that you listed because I haven't tried them, although the Novarossi would probably be the best choice. It's been my experience, however, that you get what you pay for. I recommend a .21 engine over a .28 engine because a good .21 has all the power you need and gets much better mileage, so you don't have to pit as often.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:30 AM
Tech Addict

Do any of you guys set any drag brake on your truggies? If not, how aggressively do you set your braking...I'm not looking for percentages, just want to know if I should set the brakes to stop the truck quickly or just slow it down a bit. I'm trying to force myself to drive aggressively with brakes, and not just get off the gas and roll through corners. Thanks for your input!!
Old 11-12-2008, 09:23 AM
Tech Adept

Derek, I have ran most of those motors at one time or another, I would suggest the Nova BF. I ran one of those in my truggy in 2006, good motor for the price. I now run the .25 Go engine in my STRR, it is a great motor. If you are thinking about a .21 I would recommend the Go .21 5 port, it has a ton of torque and has great run time. I know those are not on your list, but so far these have been my favorite motors to date and they are not much more expensive.

rcgeezer- I usually have my brakes set at 20/80 or 10/90 depending on the track. 10-20% in the front. The rears are for the most part full lock, and the fronts are barely stopping the truck. I like to make my brakes linear too, not a "sharp" brake.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:39 AM
Tech Initiate

Personally I run my brakes so most of braking is on the front as I never use the rear brake to help with cornering, as long as it doesn't lift the rear wheels when on full brake at the end of the straight, this is how I like it. Although this is very aggresive but is good for overtakes when outbraking on the straight. and if being chased, often ends in the other car overshooting.

I use less front brake if the track is rutted.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Anyone know where to get a good deal on a complete set of ST-RR Big Bores. Seem to be about $100 ( $50 front/rear) everywhere I look.

Or would big bores from another truggy fit that are cheaper?

Thanks!
Old 11-12-2008, 12:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I just wanted to thank Paul King, Ryan Lutz and all the Team Kyosho drivers for there help and advice at the Pro Series Finals. these guys are a class act.
Old 11-12-2008, 12:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

What about this or this??
http://nitrocountryrc.com/bnew-engin...tb-p-1504.html
or
http://nitrocountryrc.com/bsts-engin...ob-p-1476.html
Old 11-12-2008, 12:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

A couple guys I know race with STS engines, and seem to have tuning issues, very fast when they are going though
Old 11-12-2008, 03:54 PM
Tech Addict

Kendall,

How do you make them linear and not "sharp"? Is this done by an EPA setting on the controller or otherwise?
Old 11-12-2008, 07:38 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rcgeezer
Kendall,

How do you make them linear and not "sharp"? Is this done by an EPA setting on the controller or otherwise?
Oh, sorry, I didn't explain that part.

I set the linkage close to where it is supposed to be to start, so for example: set 50/50 as your bias (good starting point), then sometimes you will notice even when you barely tap the brake it goes from no brake to instant brake. I don't like how that feels, sometimes racers like to use only part of the brake, not the full potential. So just go into your radio and take out some travel under brake. Get them set so full brake isn't achieved until you apply full brake on the trigger, half brake at the half way point, etc.

Hope that helps.
Old 11-12-2008, 07:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KendallWelch
Oh, sorry, I didn't explain that part.

I set the linkage close to where it is supposed to be to start, so for example: set 50/50 as your bias (good starting point), then sometimes you will notice even when you barely tap the brake it goes from no brake to instant brake. I don't like how that feels, sometimes racers like to use only part of the brake, not the full potential. So just go into your radio and take out some travel under brake. Get them set so full brake isn't achieved until you apply full brake on the trigger, half brake at the half way point, etc.

Hope that helps.
Thanks for posting this, very helpful, just a quick question, or clarification, this adjustment is the expotential adjustment?

Cheers
Old 11-12-2008, 10:09 PM
Tech Adept

I think they call it EPA? haha, on my Dx3r radio it just says Travel-Throttle. From what I remember, there are two different adjustments on your radio, one is to adjust how much the servo travels, and the other allows you to adjust how slow or fast the servo works. I am talking about the one that adjusts travel. Sorry, I just don't remember the name of it.
Old 11-13-2008, 03:57 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

it would be the end point adjustment(epa) you nailed it kendall. there should be one for throttle and brake. it limits the travel in which ever direction you use for brake and throttle. you should also set the epa for your sterring so as not to wear you servo out faster. just set the adjustment till your wheels stop and the servo saver is not engauged! throttle should be set so that your carb is at full open but not pulling motor over. you will see some movement in the head to the side if you have to much throw.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:35 AM
Tech Addict

I have the DX3r as well, and I understand setting the end points through the "travel" section. But there is also another setting called "expo" or "exponential" that allows you to set a rate at which the input is applied. When used on the steering it slows it down a bit around the center point to reduce over-reaction. I'm guessing that if applied to the brakes it would also allow one to adjust the ramp-up amount of brakes being applied to avoid the panic-stop characteristics? Do you use the expo Kendall?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.