Community
Wiki Posts
Search

T.Q. fuel? how is it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 10:04 PM
Tech Master

Cool

Well i have gone thru my first gallon of TQ30% and so far i like how it keeps my O.S. cool. It does sem to burn fast throug my buddys 427, i know that its also in the tune.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:23 PM
Tech Master

Old 11-13-2007, 02:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Does anyone know what % of oil content TQ fuel has?
Old 11-13-2007, 05:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I just got my first gallon of TQ on Friday and will be trying it this coming weekend. They weren't selling fuel back when I was racing nitro previously so it wasn't an option then.

I used to race with Tony and Luther at The Track when I lived in Maryland (Though I doubt either will remember me since I ran 12th scale) and both of them are awesome, honest, upstanding guys. When I heard they were selling fuel, that ALONE prompted me to start using it. They have been racing a long time and I am confident when I say I believe they are now trying to give a little back to a community they have been part of for so long.

I am sure I will love the fuel and will end up not running anything else.

Last edited by Drew Manzella; 11-14-2007 at 05:55 AM.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:41 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Drew Manzella
I just got my first gallon of TQ on Friday and will be trying it this coming weekend. They weren't selling fuel back when I was racing nitro previously so it wasn't an option then.

I used to race with Tony and Luther at The Track when I lived in Maryland (Though I doubt either will remember me since I ran 12th scale) and both of them are awesome, honest, upstanding guys. When I heard they were selling fuel, that ALONE prompted me to start using it. They have been racing a long time and I am confident when I say I believe they are now trying to give a little back to a community they have been part of for so long.

I am sure I will love the fuel and will end up not running anything else.
So how do you like the fuel so far?...........
Old 11-20-2007, 11:52 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RACING MASON
So how do you like the fuel so far?...........
Ran great. My 4 year old Novarossi was as fast as anything else out on the track. I had a minor tuning issue but that was probably due to the fact that I didn't tune for the TQ - just left the engine the way it was set for the Trinity I had broken it in on a month or so earlier.

I was having issues with it running real fat in the middle of a race and it would take 3-4 laps to clear out. I played with the high speed a bit but it was still doing it.

What I need to do is actually tune it for the TQ. When it wasn't loaded up the thing was a rocket though. I doubt I'll use anything else.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

That's great to hear! You will not be disappointed with this fuel....I've went thru 3 cases this year and I love this stuff.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:10 PM
Tech Regular

Ran great. My 4 year old Novarossi was as fast as anything else out on the track. I had a minor tuning issue but that was probably due to the fact that I didn't tune for the TQ - just left the engine the way it was set for the Trinity I had broken it in on a month or so earlier.

I was having issues with it running real fat in the middle of a race and it would take 3-4 laps to clear out. I played with the high speed a bit but it was still doing it.

What I need to do is actually tune it for the TQ. When it wasn't loaded up the thing was a rocket though. I doubt I'll use anything else.
Pull your button off and look at the sleeve and piston and the bottom of the button. My got tinted with some sort of oil build up. It wasn't fat either. It did the same thing as well. It changed tune mid round. I have had that happen on a new engine and on a engine that runs great with another brand of fuel. I am wondering if it is the TQ that is causing that.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:11 PM
Tech Master

It was awesome in the 2 5 minute heat races. I didn't get the loading issue until the main (20 minutes) so I have no doubts at all.

On a side-note, a lot of our racers are using it so it isn't exactly an advantage for me.

EDIT: My Nova is an M2K BUT it had a fresh pinch. I'm gonna try and get with Pete Worth to have him re-tune it for me (he did the other tune on the Trinity). I figure since he runs Novas with TQ he is as good as anybody for getting mine set up - and his number is in my cell so I'll make sure to utilize that valuable resource.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:13 PM
Tech Regular

That is the same thing that happened to me. I am sure it is good fuel. It is cheap enough that is for sure.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:15 PM
Tech Master

What was the weather like when yours did it?

My tune was for September southern NC (80s) but this past weekend it was in the 60s.

I'm curious if it has to do with air temp and the resulting engines NOT getting as hot.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

I live here in Lake Havasu City AZ and i like the fuel my temps are any where around 220 to 245 al the time TQ is the best fuel in my opionion
Old 11-20-2007, 04:41 PM
Tech Regular

What was the weather like when yours did it?

My tune was for September southern NC (80s) but this past weekend it was in the 60s.

I'm curious if it has to do with air temp and the resulting engines NOT getting as hot.
It was in Texas. It was in the 70s. I was probably a fluke. I have a friend running it with good luck.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:49 PM
Tech Regular

All Team Associated R&D along with the repair department uses TQ fuel exclusively. I have been using it in Gas Truck the past two years and now in 1/8th and have had great luck. Plus, Luther, Tony and the guys are great to deal with. Keep up the good work!

Now lets get it in to the hobby shops so the average consumer can enjoy the perks!
Old 11-20-2007, 06:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by *Topher*
Pull your button off and look at the sleeve and piston and the bottom of the button. My got tinted with some sort of oil build up. It wasn't fat either. It did the same thing as well. It changed tune mid round. I have had that happen on a new engine and on a engine that runs great with another brand of fuel. I am wondering if it is the TQ that is causing that.
I've run this fuel in old engines that were broke in on different fuel and I've broke in several with TQ. They will get a bronze colored coating on all the inside parts....if I'm not mistaken, it is from the dye in the fuel and the castor oil in the fuel bonding to the metal inside the motor. I'm sure that Luther could explain that process better than I can.(he told me but I can't remember it all)

I haven't had any issues with any of my motors on this fuel(Rad 621T, Rad 621P, 2 Nova MT .12's, OPS .12, Nova .21+5)

Great fuel.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.