Hyper ST thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyper ST thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 02:57 PM
Tech Regular

Way better control with the vehicle. Plus, I like a lot of front brake and 1 just wasn't enough. The one in the rear is plenty.
Old 05-29-2008, 05:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Does anyone else have issues with the brake linkage catching. It's a bit hard to explain, but it appears the brake actuation rod is 'sticking' on, and then when the throttle is applied, the brake linkages catch on the actuation rod. Anyone else have the same issue? IF so, how did your rectify?
Old 05-29-2008, 11:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stiffler297
That was the place to go to get the shock piston set up. Truck drives like it's on air. As for Camber, I just eyeball it. as long as my tires are straight as it turns I'm good. Has worked for me so far. Plus I don't feel like spenind $150 on a camber gauge.
If that is the case, then I think my camber is good then. Now I just need to get it in some dirt...

I have the cheap Duratrax camber gage... not pretty, but at least I have a number to go with it... plus I think it was designed for 1/10 cars (LOL) cause it doesn't fit in the center of the wheel...

Thanks for you help and info Stiffler...
L8Rs
bcane

Older pics, but I will get some new ones posted eventually...

Old 05-30-2008, 07:28 AM
Tech Regular

Good to see you went to the Ofna forum for info as well Bcane. Now just get your butt back stateside so you can really race that thing. I have tons of video on youtube under this username so check them out. I will be posting more this weekend.
Old 05-30-2008, 01:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by boyrex00
Does anyone else have issues with the brake linkage catching. It's a bit hard to explain, but it appears the brake actuation rod is 'sticking' on, and then when the throttle is applied, the brake linkages catch on the actuation rod. Anyone else have the same issue? IF so, how did your rectify?
I use the Mugen C0855 throttle/brake linkage set on most all of my vehicles, and I've not had any issues at all...

Sometimes I've seen the throttle side being a bit overtight, and due to the swivel not being able to swivel will cause a bind like you're describing...

Let us know how you resolve it...

Have Fun...Burn Nitro...
Old 05-30-2008, 01:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by stiffler297
Good to see you went to the Ofna forum for info as well Bcane. Now just get your butt back stateside so you can really race that thing. I have tons of video on youtube under this username so check them out. I will be posting more this weekend.
Vids of the wingless ST wonder?? lol

I heard that truggy was fast...tee hee...
Old 05-30-2008, 03:04 PM
Tech Regular

I've got it all captured but now I have to break it up into 3 segments to get it on youtube. I'll get it done this weekend for sure. Man, if you and brandon don't quit hassling me over it, it will never get done.
Old 05-30-2008, 05:45 PM
Tech Rookie

These are the linkages i use on my buggies and truggy.

http://www.rchobbies.com.au/store/pr...85a9b6935c9426

They're Exelent !
Old 05-30-2008, 08:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Here is mine......

Old 06-05-2008, 05:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Hello everyone. I am very new to nitro RC truggies and have a few questions. I have decided on the Hyper ST RTR. I thought about the pro but figure it would better for an absolute beginner to go with the RTR. I'm ordering the truck from tower hobbies and at the bottom they have the accessories needed to complete the kit and get it going. I see it includes D batteries for the glow starter and 12 batteries for both car and radio. Should i get a rechargeable battery pack instead of AA batteries and if so, what kind? I've heard many bad things about the pull start on the mac star engine and since i have never started a nitro engine before, I'm llooking for the easiest way. Any help is much appreciated.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thecoldone06
I've heard many bad things about the pull start on the mac star engine and since i have never started a nitro engine before, I'm llooking for the easiest way. Any help is much appreciated.
Heat up the motor using heatgun heat it to about 240deg F before you pull the starter, it will looosen up the piston and sleeve that way, make it easier to start a new motor.
Old 06-05-2008, 10:02 PM
Tech Regular

I see it includes D batteries for the glow starter and 12 batteries for both car and radio. Should i get a rechargeable battery pack instead of AA batteries and if so, what kind?
Ok for starters you'll need a good reciever pack. I like the Ofna 1600 pack. Not sure where you are from but you can get a good 2000Mah D cell rechargeable battery from either a hardware store (lowes, Home Depot) or even Wal-Mart or Target. Also, check out speedtechrc.com and look at the slignshot receiver packs. These batteries are also awesome.

Hope that helps.
Old 06-06-2008, 03:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

to stop the breaks binding i just drilled out the plastic peice a little so that it slid nicely and didnt snag and this stopped it binding , and here is a pic of my truck when it is clean
Attached Thumbnails Hyper ST thread-img_0074.jpg  
Old 06-20-2008, 11:21 AM
Tech Rookie

I recieved my Hyper ST RTR and am now trying to break it in/tune it. When i first put gas in it, I was able to get it started but as soon as i gave it gas...it died. Since it was getting late, i had to just let it idle to get all the gas out. Yesterday, i went back out and i couldn't even get it to stay started. So I'm wondering what everyone is setting their tuning at on the LSN, HSN, and carb. If anyone could post how many turns from closed on all three that would be fantastic. Also, when i recieved my ST i noticed that the glow plug that was sent with it was an OFNA 1/10 car glowplug. Is this correct or do you think it could be dying because the glowplug doesn't have the power to ignite the gas in a .28 engine? Please excuse my ignorance as this is my first RC car/truck. Thanks in advance!
Old 06-20-2008, 09:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Also, when i recieved my ST i noticed that the glow plug that was sent with it was an OFNA 1/10 car glowplug. Is this correct or do you think it could be dying because the glowplug doesn't have the power to ignite the gas in a .28 engine? Please excuse my ignorance as this is my first RC car/truck. Thanks in advance!
It sounds like a hot plug (smaller scales tend to use hotter temp plugs). They're the best in terms of low end and idling. Make sure there are no air bubbles in the fuel line. Secondly, it might be your tuning.

http://www.rc411.com/pages/reviews.php?review=59

The needle settings used are;

HSN : 1 1/34 turns in from flush
LSN : 1/2 turn in from flush

Somehow you'll figure out the answer to your problems

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.